• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Any idea if bestbuy is still shipping the metal gpu card?

pol-CO-67537-der-199192.jpg;maxHeight=280;maxWidth=412

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I thought you could only get 3 years of GCU on your account. Maybe that was a rule for something else?

Ah well, I'm good with the EA Play 12 month glitch that gave 1 year GCU for 1 year EA ($22). Have 3 years and will wait for future deals.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Any good 1440p, 144hz , gaming monitors that are priced like $350 or less?

There is a cheaper version of the LG monitor - it's the one I got after a lot of research and it's amazing. They use the same panel and the only difference is the wide colour gamut. That said if the difference was only $50 at the time I'd probably go for the one you linked.

Amazon.com: LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor, Black: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor, Black: Computers & Accessories

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
To anyone who bought more than one Game Pass Ultimate 3-month code from Best Buy, is it letting you redeem more than one? I got 3 codes and after the first one, it throws an error for the other two.

Jun 17, 2018
Does anyone know if AC:Valhalla will go on sale or at least the likelihood of that happening? There's not too much I'm after but I'd like to play that over Christmas.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Careful, eARC with external sources sometimes gives you a horrible audio delay.

I love my Denon x3300w that I'm replacing with a x4700h this week, and I've never experienced audio delay with eArc using the new consoles and an LG C9. Maybe he will have good luck too!

anyway, yes I highly recommend Denon. Their receivers have been nothing but wonderful.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking of getting my brother a portable retro pie console. Anyone know of any deals/kits?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Got my Switch this morning :)

OkR71BA.jpg

Got Yakuza Remaster and decided to buy Super Mario Maker 2 from Best Buy cause didnt want to deal with Walmart shipping/pick up

yBKx7UO.jpg

Got the two monitors I wanted to buy - $110 per monitor, one for myself and one for the misses.

vMycmL4.jpg

An Amazon echo dot for upstairs to go alongside our Echo Studio which we have in our living room/Island kitchen

sPOjM7m.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I take the $1 upgrade "trick" on GPU still works? You just buy XBL gold, redeem it and the Xbox should give you an offer to upgrade to GPU for $1 right?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
BasilZero glad to hear you got your Switch! What is the first game you are playing?

Havent decided yet but its probably gonna be either Pokemon Sword or Super Mario Odyssey.

(I'll test it out today with all the games a bit but I'm gonna wait until I get my pro controller and Super Mario odyssey both which will come in 3 days).

I still have two more games to come that I ordered (Hyrule Warriors def edition and Super Mario Odyssey) so.. which that will make 20 switch games (19 physical and 1 digital) so I should be good for awhile lol.

Last edited:

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Any recommendations for uhd Blu-ray's that are on sale? Just want to pick something up to check out the quality since people rave about it when comparing to 4k streams.

Thinking of blade runner 2049 since I'm not sure if anything else I'd watch more than once.
Well it's not going to be on sale at a reduced price but the LOTR complete set finally comes out in 4K in December 1st and that's definitely re watchable.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf amazon ran out of GPU 3 month subs..

I'm not surprised, especially since they didn't impose any limits. Best Buy still has digital and physical availability on it, although it seems to be a limit of 3 there. Walmart will have it up on Wednesday too.

I thought you could only get 3 years of GCU on your account. Maybe that was a rule for something else?

Ah well, I'm good with the EA Play 12 month glitch that gave 1 year GCU for 1 year EA ($22). Have 3 years and will wait for future deals.

You can only have 3 years the last I saw. Personally, I'm just stocking up on codes to redeem later.

Has target listed their game sales yet!

Yep, Target is up and the spreadsheet has been updated with all the deals not shown in their ad.

To anyone who bought more than one Game Pass Ultimate 3-month code from Best Buy, is it letting you redeem more than one? I got 3 codes and after the first one, it throws an error for the other two.

Are you sure you're not hitting the 3 year limit allowed on your account? If so that's troubling to hear.

Does anyone know if AC:Valhalla will go on sale or at least the likelihood of that happening? There's not too much I'm after but I'd like to play that over Christmas.

It'll be on sale for $47.99 at GameStop. It however has been on sale for the last two weeks at Target for $40 but that ended last night.

Best Buy has it for $22.99 for 3 months. Walmart will have it on Wednesday for the same price. GameStop will sell it for $19.99 but physical cards only and limit 1. Amazon had it at $22.99 but seems to be out of codes right now. No idea if they'll have more available.

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
I thought minecraft dungeons switch was going to be $15? Do I need to wait for it to drop another $5?

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
Got both Monster Hunter World Iceborn Master Edition and Nier Automata Game of the Yorha Edition from Best Buy. With Person 5 Royal last week, that's my Black Friday pick ups done.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, that means no free shipping.

Unless you're talking about GameStop, Best Buy and Walmart will sell you a digital code that they'll e-mail you. No need to ship. If you're talking about Best Buy's physical card, you can get around the shipping minimum by ordering something for in store pickup that will bring you over the minimum and then cancel that order so you get free shipping on the item you want.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
I got DBZ: Kakarot from Target for $15.

I'm thinking about getting Watch Dogs: Legions at BestBuy but I have a feeling it will drop even more in a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.