• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Are we expecting surprises in this sale that were not advertised? Like games, movies and shows that were not listed in the ad?
I mean possibly some minor things. Like I'm hoping since it's the same website listing the switch version of need for speed hot for pursuit will be on sale alongside the Xbox/ps4 versions. Especially since it's the general listing under the preview. Don't expect a ton tho

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Went through the CAG spreadsheet and have to say this year seems a little under-whelming, though to be fair there's nothing I'm really looking for in particular this year.
Catherine for Switch at $20 on Bestbuy.com seems to be one of the better overall deals as I was looking around.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Went through the CAG spreadsheet and have to say this year seems a little under-whelming, though to be fair there's nothing I'm really looking for in particular this year.
Catherine for Switch at $20 on Bestbuy.com seems to be one of the better overall deals as I was looking around.
How/what is Catherine anyways? Always up for an experimental Atlus game but seemed kinda pervy to me

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
How/what is Catherine anyways? Always up for an experimental Atlus game but seemed kinda pervy to me

I personally enjoy it. The marketing was much more than what the game actually has itself.
The real enjoyment is the puzzle gameplay though and since the Switch version includes all the DLC including the Persona 5 guest character, it's a good deal for that alone.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yea, most of the $10 PS4 games are the same as last year. I was hoping to get newer games like Tony Hawk for $20 but that was probably wishful thinking.

As long as I can score Nier and Fire Emblem I will be happy.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Already sold out. Scalpers will love this item

dom

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked it out. Liked the formatting here more, didn't notice the last time Nier would be $12.99.
Wouldn't mind playing that again on PS5 for the platinum.
Better thing with Era's is you can make a copy then remove stuff you aren't interested and even color some things to help plan what you want to get. Can't even make a copy with CAGs.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It looks like some of the prices are live on Best Buy already. Just snagged Iron Man VR for $20 and Horizon Complete for $10.

I've got a handful of Switch games on a saved list, but none of those are showing sale prices just yet.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
It looks like some of the prices are live on Best Buy already. Just snagged Iron Man VR for $20 and Horizon Complete for $10.

I've got a handful of Switch games on a saved list, but none of those are showing sale prices just yet.

Not that I have anything from Switch game wise to buy since I bought them all or they are the same price but Yakuza Remaster for PS4 which I plan to buy isnt on sale yet :(

Nor is the monitor I plan to order and the Switch bundle.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Better thing with Era's is you can make a copy then remove stuff you aren't interested and even color some things to help plan what you want to get. Can't even make a copy with CAGs.
Oh wow I didn't realize CAG locked their down. Also, with Era's, you don't even need to make a copy if you want to remove stuff. You can use the filters I've added to remove stuff if you want.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the price for 13 sentinels went back to $60

Nvm it's fixed

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the best website to track all the Black Friday deals? BFAds.net seems to have mysteriously disappeared.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered a white XBS controller off the MS site. Glad I checked there randomly instead of waiting for Best Buy or Amazon to go live. Put my free $5 gift card to use from the other day.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
What is the best website to track all the Black Friday deals? BFAds.net seems to have mysteriously disappeared.

SlickDeals and BlackFriday.com for everything. This thread for games, movies and just putting it out there to see if anyone has a suggestion anything beyond that.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks! Managed to snag it :D. Would've preferred to get it from Amazon via a price match, but I'm just glad I got it at all considering it went out of stock for online purchases from Best Buy a couple of hours ago. Between that and Valhalla, I think I'm done for games this year barring some unexpected sales / price errors. Only need a PS Now subscription and I'll be golden. Also big thanks to Darknight again for making the thread and spreadsheet, and all the help. It seriously makes it SUPER easy to find deals.

Do I roll the dice that Amazon matches stuff quickly? Do I add things to my cart on Best Buy beforehand?

And how many games am I really going to buy in anticipation of spending a large chunk of time at home in the next 6 months.

IMO just buy ASAP. I missed on 13 Sentinels a couple of days ago and wound up managing to just get it now. You might not have another chance to get what you want - especially with deals getting a LOT of exposure via tweets like Wario64's etc. Plus there are a lot of people home right now thanks to everything going on, so competition is likely to be fiercer for whatever stock is available.

Heck, AC Valhalla has been on sale at Amazon and actually sold out from there several times in the past week.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I was gonna grab Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Gears Tactics from Best Buy, but GameStop's cheaper for FE and buying both gets me free shipping. It won't be 2-day like my Best Buy Elite Plus orders get, but I'm in no hurry. I'm happy to wait and pay $5 less.

Oct 25, 2017
Do I roll the dice that Amazon matches stuff quickly? Do I add things to my cart on Best Buy beforehand?

And how many games am I really going to buy in anticipation of spending a large chunk of time at home in the next 6 months.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I have Fire Emblem for instore pick up. Now just to wait on Best Buy...

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Doom Eternal is $16.99 at GameStop right now which is $3 less than their advertised price and the lowest price of any retailer.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Had a difficult time deciding between Avengers for PS4 (for my PS5 when patch drops) or Xbox One X (for XSX when patch drops) so I opted for the PS4 version since it will have the extra DLC. Hope I made the right call here. Also grabbed Life Is Strange 2 and Star Wars Squadrons. :)

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Maybe a dumb question but, would it be wise to put the stuff i plan on getting at Best Buy in the cart already? Or just bookmark them?

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they're undercutting some of their own advertised prices. Rogue Squadrons 15.99 instead of 16.99.
Huh? Star Wars Squadrons shows up as $16.99 for me. I'm seeing other stuff lowered like Two 'Point Hospital on Switch is $17.99 when it was originally supposed to be $24.99. Also $17.99 is lower than any other retailer.

Edit: Oops, Two Point is used at that price. $15.99 Squadrons is also used.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I got Squadrons and Mafia: Definitive Edition from GameStop. Now all that's left is Best Buy for my purchase of AC: Valhalla and my Black Friday spending will be done! My poor wallet this year though :/

Babyshaq90

Oct 28, 2017
Be careful if using gamestop. At least on my end all the switch games show us selected as preowned instead of new on their black friday sale page. Don't want to end up ordering used and not getting original case.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Can you not cancel an order at GameStop? It keeps giving me an error when I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.