• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Darknight Thanks again for this year's spreadsheet. You made it very easy to shop for the best deals in all things gaming.

I just wanted to know if there were any deals on the Dualsense controller this year?

No prob and glad I can help. There aren't any DualSense controller deals this year. The best you're probably going to be able to do is some sort of indirect deal where you can get a percentage off your purchase and you just use it on a DualSense.

Any idea when the rest of Best Buy's deals will go live? Is it the 22nd?

I have to think it's the 22nd at this point given that's the last date before Black Friday on their calendar of special dates. But hey I was wrong about how much the 16th would make things available so I'm not as confident with my answer anymore =)

Got my memory card for my Switch in the mail today...though with the amount of physical games..kinda seems redundant but I guess long term wise it will be useful cause I plan to buy third party multiplats when they are $20 or less.

I bought this because it was the same price as the regular one when it was on sale.

$59.99 - this is btw one of the Black Friday deals on Best Buy.

RpShR0e.jpg

Did you open it yet? If not, you might be able to get a better deal. For example, Amazon just a day or two ago had a SanDisk 400GB microsd for $38.99 and I think there's a good chance they do that pricing again. If you did open it, congrats on your new storage! =)

I've been out of the loop for a week. Has Fire Emblem hit $35 or should I just wait for next week?

Not yet. It should be on the 22nd at Best Buy, and the 25th at Walmart. One thing to note is Walmart has it for $5 less at $30.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Did you open it yet? If not, you might be able to get a better deal. For example, Amazon just a day or two ago had a SanDisk 400GB microsd for $38.99 and I think there's a good chance they do that pricing again. If you did open it, congrats on your new storage! =)

I havent opened it yet but I heard that there are fake memory cards circulating in Amazon so didnt want to take a risk....lol.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I havent opened it yet but I heard that there are fake memory cards circulating in Amazon so didnt want to take a risk....lol.

Fair enough. Spending a bit more for peace of mind is definitely worth it.

Any deals on the Dualshock 4?

Not this year which is surprising. In fact, there's been very little in the way of PS4, PSVR, and controller deals. Nobody is advertising them so it just doesn't seem to be happening when they're usually universally available.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully that means Sony will be dropping theirs soon! Then I won't have to worry about 13 Sentinels running out during the Gamestop sale

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Hopefully that means Sony will be dropping theirs soon! Then I won't have to worry about 13 Sentinels running out during the Gamestop sale

There might be a sale but I cant see them going 50% like the physical copies on their digital versions especially since the stores were the ones who controlled the pricing compared to Atlus/SEGA deciding the prices of the digital versions.

And I hope Sony will drop theirs too though cant really think of anything to buy....(cause I've pretty much bought everything that I wanted to buy at this point except for a few stragglers which I plan to get eventually - Days Gone, Last of Us Part 2).

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
There might be a sale but I cant see them going 50% like the physical copies on their digital versions especially since the stores were the ones who controlled the pricing compared to Atlus/SEGA deciding the prices of the digital versions.

And I hope Sony will drop theirs too though cant really think of anything to buy....(cause I've pretty much bought everything that I wanted to buy at this point except for a few stragglers which I plan to get eventually - Days Gone, Last of Us Part 2).

Totally fair point, I'm just still kinda salty I got sniped on the BB order and would love not to have to deal with Gamestop if I don't have to. Still skeeved out at how they acted at the start of the pandemic.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Totally fair point, I'm just still kinda salty I got sniped on the BB order and would love not to have to deal with Gamestop if I don't have to. Still skeeved out at how they acted at the start of the pandemic.

Yeah...I wouldnt want to shop at Gamestop either.

www.resetera.com

Which brands have you had bad experiences with or don’t trust?

Hewlett-Packard Chrysler/Dodge Burger King

Hopefully I'll be able to snag a copy of Yakuza Remaster collection on PS4 - I wanna get the physical copy to go alongside my copy of Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2 and 6 lol.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Any good 12-month Xbox Live deals available or coming?

I believe they stopped selling Xbox Live Gold subscriptions and I believe they only sell Game Pass Ultimate now for digital codes. The best deal on that is $19.99 for 3 months but limit 1 while other places will have it for $22.99.

Control Ultimate at $19.99 is a standout.

Ya, that's pretty good. I'm only now going through the list of games and didn't get to that yet. Too bad the next gen version is delayed until next year though.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe they stopped selling Xbox Live Gold subscriptions and I believe they only sell Game Pass Ultimate now for digital codes. The best deal on that is $19.99 for 3 months but limit 1 while other places will have it for $22.99.
Where are the sales for game pass ultimate? Do they go live next week?

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Watchdogs 3 is 45 on psn now is that a new deal just started today didn't see before and crash 4 aswell

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Ni no Kuni for Switch is $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon.

Where are the sales for game pass ultimate? Do they go live next week?

Best Buy - $22.99, starts 11/21 10pm PST
Walmart - $22.99, starts 11/25 4pm PST
Target - $29.99, starts 11/22 midnight PST
GameStop - $19.99 (limit 1), starts 11/27

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Ni no Kuni for Switch is $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon.

Best Buy - $22.99, starts 11/21 10pm PST
Walmart - $22.99, starts 11/25 4pm PST
Target - $29.99, starts 11/22 midnight PST
GameStop - $19.99 (limit 1), starts 11/27
Regarding ni no kuni make sure to check brickseek for the price at your local Walmart. Got mine a week ago for $10

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody recommend any good TVs?

moved into a new place and gave my old tv that I've had since 2013. Anything less then 350ish?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Roku Ultra (2020) model is on sale $69 at best buy right now.
It doesnt appear in the deals section of their sale page.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Microsoft is going to have Game Pass Ultimate for $26.99 starting on 11/22 which is surprisingly higher than Best Buy and Walmart. They're also going to have Xbox Series S|X controllers for $39.99 to $44.99.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked but can we still do the one dollar upgrade to get game pass ultimate if we did not do it yet? There was a thread about it but I did not jump on it because I did not anticipate building a new pc or getting an xbox lol

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I hope Yakuza Remastered Collection is $30 somewhere. Can't believe I missed it when it went on sale for that price on PSN back in September.

Edit: Guess it'll be $24.99 at Best Buy. Sweet.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked but can we still do the one dollar upgrade to get game pass ultimate if we did not do it yet? There was a thread about it but I did not jump on it because I did not anticipate building a new pc or getting an xbox lol
Did it like 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything about them removing it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I payed $100 for the Gold Edition of Watch Dogs: Legion on launch.

That same version is now $67 only three weeks later on the Xbox store.
tenor.gif

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but it's usually not this fast and that steep. Legion must have been a nuclear bomb.

I just feel like overtime its been happening faster and faster. Like they know something that we don't about sales. Like ok a few weeks full price then people who didn't buy it are going to wait for sales anyway so drop the price faster. I am probably wrong and just like to buy things cheap

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna keep an eye out to see if either Miles Morales or the ultimate edition of Spider-Man with the old remastered game are on sale anywhere for the PS5.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Any deals on for PS+ that y'all have heard about? I forgot to add a year during the last sale, and my PS+ ended halfway through a COD match just now hahahaha

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Amazon is price matching Best Buy and Target at the same time. You can get Best Buy prices and do a buy 2 get 1 free for an even bigger discount.

SmashYoBuns

Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Any deals on for PS+ that y'all have heard about? I forgot to add a year during the last sale, and my PS+ ended halfway through a COD match just now hahahaha
PlayStation direct has ps+ for $15 off a year sub.

Shop PlayStation Deals on Hardware, Accessories, Games and Services | PlayStation®

Shop PlayStation® for deals and features on consoles, accessories, and games. Explore the latest sales and collections at direct.playstation.com.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
CDKeys for about $33 US: https://www.cdkeys.com/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code I bought 3 years. If you live outside the US, make sure you buy the right region, also prices are different for each region.
PlayStation direct has ps+ for $15 off a year sub.

Shop PlayStation Deals on Hardware, Accessories, Games and Services | PlayStation®

Shop PlayStation® for deals and features on consoles, accessories, and games. Explore the latest sales and collections at direct.playstation.com.

Nice! Thank you both!

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Picked up Tsushima for $40 at BB
Waiting for FIFA and FF7R to dip.

Wish I had waited for my year sub recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.