• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2018
Best Buy's same day delivery with Shipt is weirding me out a little bit. Something about the shopper texting you their name and when they're coming with your order and them showing up in their own car makes me feel like I should be tipping, though so far they've just left stuff by the door so I haven't had the chance.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Best Buy's same day delivery with Shipt is weirding me out a little bit. Something about the shopper texting you their name and when they're coming with your order and them showing up in their own car makes me feel like I should be tipping, though so far they've just left stuff by the door so I haven't had the chance.

Is that what is happening? I was wondering why some random person in street clothes in a regular car was delivering my copy of a Zelda game 😂

Jan 29, 2018
Is that what is happening? I was wondering why some random person in street clothes in a regular car was delivering my copy of a Zelda game 😂

Yup. Though I saw something today about Best Buy partnering with Instacart my last two orders were delivered by someone with Shipt, which I had never heard of but I guess is like Instacart. It's going to be interesting if I'm taking advantage of sales next week and the same person has to drive between Best Buy and my house three or four times in one weekend, haha.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
I found out the hard way that I can't have anything shipped from Best Buy now because of the above. They tried to deliver and couldn't get into my apartment building (the normal UPS/FedEx/USPS all have access) and they canceled my order because of the one failed delivery attempt... Like, I was at work and not answering phone calls from random numbers, and had no way to let them into the building remotely anyway. I guess I'm going to have to go pick up any Best Buy orders myself since I have no idea which shipping service they'll try to use.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of shipping, I just found out my order that was to be delivered today was delayed. I wonder if it related to the this new shipping partnership as well as Covid?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of shipping, I just found out my order that was to be delivered today was delayed. I wonder if it related to the this new shipping partnership as well as Covid?

mine was delayed too, just a single order of watch dogs. i'm in a smaller suburb where a delivery service may not be worth it.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I've been waffling on whether to get P5 Royal because I have very little confidence I'll ever finish it.

But Best Buy gave me a $10 coupon that expired today, and with Ghost of Tsushima still full price, so I bought a copy.

Have there been any deals for Yakuza 7 that people have seen?

It was $40 last week on Amazon.

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After getting Crash 4 as part of Target's B1G1F I just swapped it out for Sackboy. Now to wait till next week to rebuy Crash for $30.
Is Best Buy doing overnight shipping for Elite Plus members this year or something? I ordered a copy of P5R at 1am this morning, and it was just delivered to my door. I wasn't expecting to see it until tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.
I got the game a day after I ordered and I have no special membership.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Though I saw something today about Best Buy partnering with Instacart my last two orders were delivered by someone with Shipt, which I had never heard of but I guess is like Instacart. It's going to be interesting if I'm taking advantage of sales next week and the same person has to drive between Best Buy and my house three or four times in one weekend, haha.
I found out the hard way that I can't have anything shipped from Best Buy now because of the above. They tried to deliver and couldn't get into my apartment building (the normal UPS/FedEx/USPS all have access) and they canceled my order because of the one failed delivery attempt... Like, I was at work and not answering phone calls from random numbers, and had no way to let them into the building remotely anyway. I guess I'm going to have to go pick up any Best Buy orders myself since I have no idea which shipping service they'll try to use.

I used to like this idea of same day delivery until I found the flaw in it which I'm kinda not okay with not having an option to pick if you want it actually shipped instead of a local delivery. I placed an order last night once some new stuff went up and sometime this afternoon I got an e-mail saying two of my items have been delayed because it's no longer available. What this tells me is they sent the order to a specific store and that store ran out probably because someone picked it up in the store before they had a chance to pick the order and set it aside or they couldn't find it in their store for some reason. Fortunately, it was still available for shipping so then I could alter it to have it shipped but man with that kind of a delay and relying on inventory at a single store rather than of an entire warehouse, if something sells out, you get screwed. I'd rather deal with the risk from a large pool of inventory and get it later than a smaller one and risk not getting it at all.

I quoted both of you because the first poster mentions likely having multiple orders being done next week because of BF and the second because of the idea of not being able to change it.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Add another five to my Switch collection

wNlo0c1.jpg

Also ordered these yesterday and got them.

faSj5sS.jpg

And I did get the artbook for those wondering.

wbu6jQU.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a chance Amazon will price match 13 Sentinels when

Still kicking myself for waiting for Amazon to pricematch this. Nice additions to your collection, though, and great taste :D.

Too late now since it sold out, but I was planning on returning mine from Best Buy if Amazon had price matched

But with how quick it went out of stock, seems unlikely. I'd try to get it during Gamestop's BF sale if possible instead of hoping for amazon to come through

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Too late now since it sold out, but I was planning on returning mine from Best Buy if Amazon had price matched

But with how quick it went out of stock, seems unlikely. I'd try to get it during Gamestop's BF sale if possible instead of hoping for amazon to come through

Yeah I'll try getting it that way. I get the strong feeling it'll be like Stella Glow or Danganronpa V3 - the kind of game that winds up getting a small print run, then getting more and more expensive as time goes by.

Oct 27, 2017
I swear, has anyone seen Kirby Star Allies go below $50 the past two years?

At this point physical copies are looking to get rare (only store in 50 miles that has it is a Best Buy), so I might just bite on that price.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

At this point physical copies are looking to get rare (only store in 50 miles that has it is a Best Buy), so I might just bite on that price.
I've seen it drop to 30 here in the states. Probably 3 times?

but I can't tell you if that was a nationwide sale or just one retailer.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

I ordered it yesterday at $50 and used a $5 cert so $45 for me

Apparently last physical sale was $39.99 back in mid 2018 at Best Buy

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered it yesterday at $50 and used a $5 cert so $45 for me

Apparently last physical sale was $39.99 back in mid 2018 at Best Buy

Jeez, guess I better pick up some 2019 games like Luigi's Mansion and Link's Awakening next week before they go out of print.

Feels like the only Switch games that get continuous print runs are Mario, Smash, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing.

Skbzi

Jun 1, 2018
Katy, TX
Darknight Thanks again for this year's spreadsheet. You made it very easy to shop for the best deals in all things gaming.

I just wanted to know if there were any deals on the Dualsense controller this year?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So my friend may have talked me out of getting a PS5 for the time being as I've been tempted to upgrade my 43" Vizio HDTV to a 4K one.

I try to stick with name brands for electronics to ensure the best overall quality, and I don't need the screen size to be that much bigger since my entertainment center probably wouldn't have the space along with the rest of my other stuff, so maybe just around 48"-53"ish? I have a Target, Walmart, & Meijer in town if that helps figure out where to get the best overall deal.

Edit: best deal I'm seeing is a 50" LG UHD HDR TV at Meijer for $300 ($50 off). Otherwise, Target has a 50" Samsung Crystal HDR for $330 (only $20 off) while Walmart has a 58" Samsung for $400, which is the max of my budget & size, even if I kinda wanna future proof myself for when I move out of my apartment.

Last edited:

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
I was wondering where to put this but since it's involved with this day it's related.

Gamestop is being shitty with the consoles. I've been calling my local game stores if they got any new consoles and they don't but i stopped calling gamestop period because of one of the clerks told. They aren't getting any shipments till black friday well if you know retail you know what that means. They will get shipments for the 9 days however they will not be able to sell them until black friday and only in store. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but this year it is because of covid-10.This means if you want a new system from gamestop at all you have to risk going to a high covid risk environment because of how black friday is, just to precure a console for a reasonable price and not the $1500 scalper price because gamestop is choosing to wait to sell it's extra stock on a day they could trick you into buying the sale items and possibly get covid as a result, fuck gamestop

sorry after the shitty experience i had with the online walmart store then learning this. I needed to vent

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Any suggestion what to do with Target/Best Buy 20$ eGift certificates that come with each $100 Apple gift card online purchase? Can I sell them on ebay?
I might stock up on US Apple gift cards, but I'm from Germany, so I have no use for any additional Target/BestBuy eGift cards. Sucks that the old iTunes gift cards have been replaced, so no more 15-20% off on Apple app/in app purchases for BF.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017

faSj5sS.jpg

wbu6jQU.jpg

Nice. I bought the same items early Monday morning and UPS managed to deliver them today after a small delay.

I also got the art book that came with my copy of 13 Sentinels. Though I wonder if every copy comes with it or is it exclusive to first print runs?

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody has seen any deals regarding Yeti Blue Microphones? I really not satisfied with my current microphone set up because it doesn't allow me to use my lavalier microphone and loud speakers at the same time on my computer. Or am I just going to have to bit the bullet and buy it for $130?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nice. I bought the same items early Monday morning and UPS managed to deliver them today after a small delay.

I also got the art book that came with my copy of 13 Sentinels. Though I wonder if every copy comes with it or is it exclusive to first print runs?

I didn't even know it came with it or there was a possibility so it was a surprise 😂

Awesome. I had bought the game a month ago, but fortunately Best Buy did a price change. I used that to grab Sakura Wars and Maneater.

nice

I ordered Sakura wars and was suppose to get it today but it got delayed...hopefully no issues

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Any good deals on a 50-55in TV? Looking for something for my father in law, hoping to spend around $200.

Best Buy Coupons | (20% Off Discount Code) | Jan 2021

Use this valid Best Buy coupon and save 20% off your purchase. Get up to 50% discounts at Best Buy on TVs, laptops, phones and more using our Best Buy coupons. Receive Free standard shipping on Best Buy orders $35 and up.
should fit your needs well

if you want one now
slickdeals.net

50" TCL 50S434 4 Series 4K UHD HDR Android Smart LED HDTV (2020 Model) $269.99 @ Best Buy

Best Buy 50" TCL 50S434 4 Series 4K UHD HDR Android Smart LED HDTV (2020 Model) $269.99 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-50-class-4-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-android-tv/6422761.p?skuId=6422761 ...

But you aren't going to beat TCL in price vs quality so I would stick with them
- a happy TCL owner :P

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Add another five to my Switch collection

wNlo0c1.jpg

faSj5sS.jpg

wbu6jQU.jpg
You're welcome! it took me forever to find those games and pick them!!!

FYI Best Buy has also partnered with Roadie and setup Geek Squad Drivers for same day deliveries. Not available in all areas. Started seeing "Get it today by 9 PM" messages for items in my store.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Any suggestions for a mid grade pre built pc on sale for use with blender rendering and running modern games at 1080 with some upgrade ability

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

Best Buy Coupons | (20% Off Discount Code) | Jan 2021

Use this valid Best Buy coupon and save 20% off your purchase. Get up to 50% discounts at Best Buy on TVs, laptops, phones and more using our Best Buy coupons. Receive Free standard shipping on Best Buy orders $35 and up.
should fit your needs well

if you want one now
slickdeals.net

50" TCL 50S434 4 Series 4K UHD HDR Android Smart LED HDTV (2020 Model) $269.99 @ Best Buy

Best Buy 50" TCL 50S434 4 Series 4K UHD HDR Android Smart LED HDTV (2020 Model) $269.99 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-50-class-4-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-android-tv/6422761.p?skuId=6422761 ...

But you aren't going to beat TCL in price vs quality so I would stick with them
- a happy TCL owner :P

Yeah, I managed to score the 55in TCL from Walmart for $150 last week. I'm keeping that one.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Might be a random ask, but any ideas on a 40-45 inch tv around $100ish? For the parents, all they do is watch tv on it and that's it. They want to replace their 720p 19incher haha

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Got my memory card for my Switch in the mail today...though with the amount of physical games..kinda seems redundant but I guess long term wise it will be useful cause I plan to buy third party multiplats when they are $20 or less.

I bought this because it was the same price as the regular one when it was on sale.

$59.99 - this is btw one of the Black Friday deals on Best Buy.

RpShR0e.jpg

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a random ask, but any ideas on a 40-45 inch tv around $100ish? For the parents, all they do is watch tv on it and that's it. They want to replace their 720p 19incher haha
I don't see any on sale right now but there were a few recently that hit $100, I'd recommend keeping an eye on Slickdeals.net as TVs can sell out pretty quickly when they are cheap.

I'm not sure if there are any being advertised right now for black friday you would need to check the ads for that.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a week. Has Fire Emblem hit $35 or should I just wait for next week?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Fricken Best Buy delivered my copy of Kirby allies but...I didn't get it

they placed the package at someone else's house so all I have is a picture of the package at someone's porch

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i bought a microwave with best buy and they had same day delivery option and i took it but in typical fashion they weren't able to deliver it. i just changed it to store pick up since i was gonna be close by the next day.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Now you have someone to play with in co-op mode in tabletop mode.

lol....

Well I called the support team and they have begun preparing for a re-shipment. I'm expected to get it tomorrow.

i bought a microwave with best buy and they had same day delivery option and i took it but in typical fashion they weren't able to deliver it. i just changed it to store pick up since i was gonna be close by the next day.

I also have my order of Sakura Wars which got "delayed". The rep told me if I dont get it by the 25th I can call and ask for store pick up...but only after the 25th huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.