• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Today I learned bfads.net, the site I always used for updates & ad scans, is no longer up. Anyone have good alternatives? Need to get a few non-gaming things & such.

I use this

blackfriday.com

Black Friday 2024 Ads

The Black Friday 2024 ads are here with some seriously door-busting deals! Find this season's best Black Friday Ads from your favorite stores and view deals on trendy tech and the hottest toys all in one place.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
It's looking like the 16th for My Best Buy members which is free to sign up for.
I think that date is for non-Best Buy members.

So looking for clarification...

BB has this on their site

What shopping events will Best Buy have this holiday season?

Black Friday isn't just one day this year — it's months long. This year's Black Friday Ad is a BestBuy.com ad, and we posted it on Thursday, October 27. You can find select Black Friday Ad offers every day at BestBuy.com/blackfridayadavailabletoday. Hundreds of deals from the ad will also be available on the dates below:

• Nov. 5–8: The Wish List Sale
  • Nov. 11: The Treat Yourself Sale
  • Nov. 12–14: Our Coolest Deals Sale
  • Nov. 16–17: Early access to thousands of deals from the Black Friday Ad, for My Best Buy members only
  • Nov. 22: Nearly all Black Friday deals become available
  • Nov. 26: New offers available on Thanksgiving Day on BestBuy.com
  • Nov. 27: Shop online or in our store (limited in-store capacity) on Black Friday
  • Nov. 28: Cyber Deals kick off

----------

However the Switch deal they have is listed to be "Available on 11/22"

Lame :(

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Just want a great price on Doom Eternal for Steam.

Edit - DaemonxMachina too. That would be lovely!

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So looking for clarification...

BB has this on their site

What shopping events will Best Buy have this holiday season?

Black Friday isn't just one day this year — it's months long. This year's Black Friday Ad is a BestBuy.com ad, and we posted it on Thursday, October 27. You can find select Black Friday Ad offers every day at BestBuy.com/blackfridayadavailabletoday. Hundreds of deals from the ad will also be available on the dates below:

• Nov. 5–8: The Wish List Sale
  • Nov. 11: The Treat Yourself Sale
  • Nov. 12–14: Our Coolest Deals Sale
  • Nov. 16–17: Early access to thousands of deals from the Black Friday Ad, for My Best Buy members only
  • Nov. 22: Nearly all Black Friday deals become available
  • Nov. 26: New offers available on Thanksgiving Day on BestBuy.com
  • Nov. 27: Shop online or in our store (limited in-store capacity) on Black Friday
  • Nov. 28: Cyber Deals kick off

----------

However the Switch deal they have is listed to be "Available on 11/22"

Lame :(

AhI see now. It's been tough to figure until now what deals where when. I'm waiting on Ghost of Tsushima's sale. If I actually get my PS5 at launch it's going to sit for a few days with no new game until that arrives. I know $20 is nothing but I just can't bring myself to buy something knowing a price drop is around the corner lol.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
AhI see now. It's been tough to figure until now what deals where when. I'm waiting on Ghost of Tsushima's sale. If I actually get my PS5 at launch it's going to sit for a few days with no new game until that arrives. I know $20 is nothing but I just can't bring myself to buy something knowing a price drop is around the corner lol.

I have 5 Switch games that I got from other deals/discount certs/credit - oldest one being Super Mario 3D All stars and I don't have a switch - the wait is killing me 😫

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I have 5 Switch games that I got from other deals/discount certs/credit - oldest one being Super Mario 3D All stars and I don't have a switch - the wait is killing me 😫
No doubt! I was hoping Animal Crossing would be on sale but who am I kidding? My daughter's been playing that free AC Mobile Camp on mobile so I'm going to get her the real thing. Looks like Walmart at $50 is my best bet so far, but I'm still holding out just in case.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Damnit, just checked back to see if any sales were up yet and $20 Travis Strikes Again is already sold out at Best Buy. :(

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason Target doesn't ship Melody of Memory for switch to my location and Amazon doesn't have it in their B2G1 so I canceled my Valhalla preorder at best buy and re-preordered at Target. The Target preorder was about $10 cheaper and I used the B2G1 to get some Christmas gifts

R3make

Oct 25, 2017
Hopeful for some eShop card sales. Didn't see one in Best Buy's ad. Always nice getting a little discount on these. Got a few eShop only things I'm buying in December so I'm probably going to use up my remaining wallet.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Hopeful for some eShop card sales. Didn't see one in Best Buy's ad. Always nice getting a little discount on these. Got a few eShop only things I'm buying in December so I'm probably going to use up my remaining wallet.

I believe eShop cards are 10% off during Best Buy's Black Friday sale.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So in the last couple of days been buying/ordering stuff that I am planning to get for Black Friday.

I know some of the stuff may go on sale further discounts in the future possibly through other stores and whatnot but I just wanted to make sure I have everything in time.

This is what I bought so far.

-Fire Emblem Warriors (SW) - Amazon - $27
Paid $0 due to Amazon gift credit

-Pokemon Sword (SW) - Best Buy - $40
-Paid $15 due to the mystery certificate that gave me $10 plus $15 of extra BB Certs

Super Mario 3D All Stars - Amazon - $60
-Technically not a BF type of purchase, bought this back in September but only paid $5 due to the combination of a $10 refund Amazon gave cause the game went down to $50 plus I had $45 worth of Amazon credit that I used at the time

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - Amazon - $45
-Paid $38 due to some Amazon credit that I had left

-New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (SW) - Best Buy - $40
-Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (SW) - Best Buy - $40
-Yoshi's Crafted World (SW) - Best Buy - $40
-Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu (SW) - Best Buy - $45
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (SW) - Best Buy - $45

-PNY 256 GB USB Thumbdrive - Best Buy - $25

Planning to get
-Fire Emblem Three Houses (SW) - Best Buy - $35
-Mario Tennis Aces (SW) - Best Buy - $35
-The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening (SW) - Best Buy - $40
-Luigi's Mansion 3 (SW) - Best Buy - $40
-Yakuza Remaster Collection (PS4) - Best Buy - $25
-Pro controller + Super Mario Odyssey (SW) - Walmart - $100
-Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + 3 months of NSO - Best Buy - $300

Gonna be an expensive year, probably the most I've paid for a BF video game wise (excluding setting up my gaming PC last year and my 4K TV /w sound system and theater sofa set for my media room the year before that).

I've been checking here, CheapAssGamer, Slickdeals, Brickseek, Deku Deals and PSPrices whenever Switch games went on sale.

Last edited:

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Man, doesn't look like 13 Sentinels is going on sale anywhere, does it? Very much want to play that game but it came out at an inconvenient time.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
GameStop released their Black Friday Ad

So the deals are similar to Best Buy when it comes to Switch games

Except for Pokemon let's go but eh...I've had bad experiences buying from GameStop where they tried to sell me a used or open game as a new game so I don't mind paying what I did for my copy...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm let's see a jump force deluxe at $20...
just I have to keep an eye out for a Xbox one s fire sale/price cut

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Debating Wonderful 101 for $25. Was hoping for $20, but if it's on PS4 as well & OP Pirate Warriors 4 isn't on sale for less than $30, may just get that.

I keep feeling tempted by Jump Force but then I remember not enjoying the beta.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
For Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I'll be getting those new Sony Wireless headphones. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man that's a really tempting price... Any chance Amazon will price match it?

Not really familiar with price matching trends, especially in terms of matching GameStop, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got at least some kind of price cut, it's still at $60 over there apparently

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I guess you guys already know but GameStop is out. I've updated the spreadsheet for the games, but I still have to do the accessories and I have to update the OP. But at least the spreadsheet has probably the most important info for now.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Heh, I guess you guys already know but GameStop is out. I've updated the spreadsheet for the games, but I still have to do the accessories and I have to update the OP. But at least the spreadsheet has probably the most important info for now.

Thanks!

I'm guessing Target/Walmart's deals will be similar to BB/GS and not much different.

Edit: You have Super Mario Maker 2 listed twice.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Awesome thank you for the great work. Any digital game sales? Or nothing and it's all discs at all retailers? And any chance at filters on the spreadsheet? I can do a temporary one, but not sure everyone knows how to do that.

Also, live already, Costco has $100 PSN/Live cards for $90 digitally. In stores it is 2 $50 card bundles so you can gift them separately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now OP is updated with the full list from GameStop. Let me know if I made any errors. I also updated the spreadsheet again with some stuff I noticed I missed while updating the OP.

Awesome thank you for the great work. Any digital game sales? Or nothing and it's all discs at all retailers? And any chance at filters on the spreadsheet? I can do a temporary one, but not sure everyone knows how to do that.

There's a few, but they're only on Xbox One/Xbox Series S|X so far.

What kind of filters are you looking for? I just did a simple one where you can sort by platform and an automatic highlight of the lowest price.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Okay, now OP is updated with the full list from GameStop. Let me know if I made any errors. I also updated the spreadsheet again with some stuff I noticed I missed while updating the OP.

There's a few, but they're only on Xbox One/Xbox Series S|X so far.

What kind of filters are you looking for? I just did a simple one where you can sort by platform and an automatic highlight of the lowest price.
Title and platform would be key for people looking for a handful of titles only, rather than seeing the whole list all the time. And disc/digital is important now that we have discless consoles. Like this:

l2Npbnt.png

It essentially lets you create a "wishlist" view of criteria given how giant the overall chart is going to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.