• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Like, somewhat tangentially, I'd have loved a moment of exploration about the Mexican chapter of the cult in last night's episode. We get to see a little of Raniere talking to them, and Vicente says it was full of wealthy people and that there's money down there, but it doesn't go beyond that. I'd have loved a little discussion about why the group was attracting a very particular slice of the population, and the interactions between their class status and greater Mexican social problems.

I believe the underage girl and the one who they imprisoned for two years both belong to the same wealthy Mexican family and were major parts of the trial, so I assume they'll get attention in season two.

One more long time VP exits.

That usually happens when there's a shakeup at the top. Dungey was for sure leaving as soon as she was passed over for Cindy Holland's job and I'm sure there's similar situations playing out further down the pecking order.

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I hope at least Sex Education S3 before they cancel it. I expect that will be the last season.

It really should be. Any show that has teenagers as a major component of the cast really needs to be on a timer anyway. I love the show but even by the second season they are clearly exhausting all of the possible matchups in the cast and artificially dragging out the resolution of the core relationship.

I would say the same about Cobra Kai - that show really shouldn't run past four seasons.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think 4 seasons would be great for Sex Education but I will accept 3 seasons too. I just want them to finish S3 because has almost cancelled everything I like.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Oct-19-MON.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-network-scorecard-10-19-2020.html

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Sex Education S3 is already in production, has been since early September, that won't be cancelled at this point.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Who would ever ask for a Willow sequel?

Jesus, no Disney. Just don't.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Whatever happened to that weekly Nielsen streaming list. Did they stop reporting or have I just missed a post?

I mean it's still all Netflix, but I was curious to see how The Boys been doing.

Jul 4, 2018

That's a bold claim when they just had their weakest quarter in quite some time. This is while Peacock, HBO Max, Apple TV+, Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video have all been ramping up original content to some extent.

Edit: I see this is before the earnings where they missed there own guideline of 2.5m with most on wall street street expecting around 3.5m. They came in at 2.2m and stock was down 5-6%

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

This actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. It probably feels closer to something like Search Party than a very serious drama.

I have very fond memories of Willow but this seems only marginally more appealing to a general audience than The Dark Crystal.

Agree totally. I know that they want to try lean into the fact it's from Lucasfilm but surely this isn't a sign that Disney are running out of IP to turn into event series? This feels a very odd decision to me.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agree totally. I know that they want to try lean into the fact it's from Lucasfilm but surely this isn't a sign that Disney are running out of IP to turn into event series? This feels a very odd decision to me.
I do believe this is more a Lucasfilm thing than Disney. Disney has quite a bit of IP they could tap for a live action event series if they really wanted to. And the FOX library acquisition only helped that. Lucasfilm is much more the entity that is stuck with not much beyond Star Wars. That said, both Lucasfilm and the larger umbrella of Disney should really be entertaining original ideas and not just those utilizing their existing IP (which they are definitely currently doing, unfortunately). Until they change that policy Disney+ is always going to be pretty limited.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
https://deadline.com/2020/10/netfli...ss-departures-content-restructure-1234600882/

Sarandos added that Bajaria's experience as both overseeing its non-scripted division and local-language originals, as well as her history in U.S. domestic programming at NBCUniversal, was responsible for her getting the role.

"These are two of the areas that are going to grow two or three times over the next three to five years so I thought she was really well suited to take on that organization," he added.

More non-scripted and local-language originals in the future for Netflix, more murderers documentaries for each and every countries.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/netflix-american-murder-cobrai-kai-enola-holmes-viewership-1234600708/

'American Murder: The Family Next Door' Becomes Netflix's Most Watched Doc Feature

It also scored its second best performing feature doc with The Social Dilemma. The social media documentary was watched by 38M households in its first 28 days.

American Murder: The Family Next Door, directed by Jenny Popplewell, follows the story of the 2018 Watts family murders. It was released on September 30.
The Social Dilemma, which is directed by Jeff Orlowski, explores the rise of social media and the damage it causes to society. It launched on September 9.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Looks like we may be getting another cancellation soon. He supposedly tried to sell their content to NBCUniversal and Facebook and they both declined. I don't know who would want to buy their content considering after a couple of years rights are reverted to the creators to recut them into movies and resell. lol

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like we may be getting another cancellation soon. He supposedly tried to sell their content to NBCUniversal and Facebook and they both declined. I don't know who would want to buy their content considering after a couple of years rights are reverted to the creators to recut them into movies and resell. lol

Who could have possibly seen this coming?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I remember seeing articles that not only did they think they would be a 2nd Netflix, but how huuuuge their office lobbies and such were. So not only did they just assume they would be a hit, but probably spending a ton on their lease of the building. So many red flags and too much stock in the "potential" of a hit thing.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I remember seeing articles that not only did they think they would be a 2nd Netflix, but how huuuuge their office lobbies and such were. So not only did they just assume they would be a hit, but probably spending a ton on their lease of the building. So many red flags and too much stock in the "potential" of a hit thing.
Investors put too much blind faith in Katzenberg after what he did at Disney and Dreamworks.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Investors put too much blind faith in Katzenberg after what he did at Disney and Dreamworks.

They sure did. Just because someone had some previous successes, doesn't mean everything they touch turns to gold. You gotta also take the hint when your potential consumerbase is laughing at you.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a bold claim when they just had their weakest quarter in quite some time. This is while Peacock, HBO Max, Apple TV+, Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video have all been ramping up original content to some extent.

Edit: I see this is before the earnings where they missed there own guideline of 2.5m with most on wall street street expecting around 3.5m. They came in at 2.2m and stock was down 5-6%

It's frankly ludicrous to bash them for a low quarter when they've already, after three quarters, had their best year ever in adding subscribers. Plus they've said all along that Covid makes subscriber estimates basically blind guesses.