• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, with the MCU, most of these folks are not allowed to confirm their roles until Marvel gives them the go-ahead. Since the trades reported it, Tatiana definitely got cast, but she probably won't be able to announce it till Marvel does a presentation or something.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Showrunner congratulated her, she's in but is playing people, same with the recent guy who is gonna be Kang.
After the Asa Butterfield fiasco, something tells me most actors are aware they should keep their mouthes shut in regards to MCU rumors.

Raised by Wolves was so effin good. The finale was so damn insane. Hopefully they can pay off the mysteries.

WHO WROTE THE SCRIPTURES???

Jul 4, 2018
Yes, but do keep in mind that this does NOT include cable ratings (MSNBC and CNBC) or streaming.
About that

Up from the fast affiliates of earlier this morning, the latest numbers have ABC News' The Vice-President and the People getting 14.1 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

That beats the 13 million that Trump got on NBC, MSNBC and CNBC put together for his own much-hyped and lambasted town hall. Yes, over three Comcast-owned channels, the incumbent still lost to the poll topping Biden, who was just on one channel.

Let's be honest, Biden's viewership win and record breaking 2020 town hall is a stark reversal of what everyone, including NBC, Trump and myself, thought would be the outcome. In fact, once you strip away the 1.74 million viewers that the MSNBC simulcast snared and the 671,000 viewers that tuned in on CNBC, Trump really came up short with an audience of 10.6 million on NBC proper with a top notch Savannah Guthrie.
Source:
deadline.com

Biden’s ABC Town Hall Viewership Tops Trump’s NBC, MSNBC & CNBC Event In Big Surprise Win – Update

UPDATE, 10:37 AM: We all know that Donald Trump is obsessed with ratings and his losing results of last night’s dueling town halls with Joe Biden may hurt almost as much as losing the election, almost. That’s a hypothetical leading to the November 3 vote, but with more numbers just in, we know...

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
I don't think Netflix care though. They push so much new shit every week most of their record viewing series will be forgotten in weeks. I honestly never care for rewatching their stuffs.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Until Tatiana lines up in some comic convention and introduce by Kevin Feige she will not comfirm a single thing lol.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Another COVID-related un-greenlight (production delays caused scheduling conflicts for Nyong'o)

variety.com

Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira’s ‘Americanah’ Series Not Moving Forward at HBO Max (EXCLUSIVE)

Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira’s series adaptation of the novel "Americanah" is no longer moving ahead as planned at HBO Max
I'm not sure why they'd entirely scrap it instead of just recasting. I see that Nyong'o was to be an executive producer too, so maybe that's why?

Also yay Star Trek Discovery renewal.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More big moves:
deadline.com

Peter Roth To Step Down As Warner Bros. TV Group Chairman After 22 Years At The Helm Of the TV Studio

Peter Roth To Step Down As Warner Bros. TV Group Chairman After 22 Years At The Helm Of the TV Studio
Also getting a course correction was Warner Bros. TV's leadership succession plan. Roth's top lieutenant and heir apparent, WBTV President Susan Rovner, surprisingly left the studio after 22 years to become Chairman, Entertainment Content for NBCUniversal's TV & streaming unit. Former ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey, who exited her Netflix post last week, is expected to replace Rovner as Roth's successor.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure why they'd entirely scrap it instead of just recasting. I see that Nyong'o was to be an executive producer too, so maybe that's why?

Also yay Star Trek Discovery renewal.

HBO was probably counting on Nyong'o's name to draw viewers and without her staring it wouldn't get enough attention for the cost.

Oct 25, 2017
About that

Source:
deadline.com

Biden’s ABC Town Hall Viewership Tops Trump’s NBC, MSNBC & CNBC Event In Big Surprise Win – Update

UPDATE, 10:37 AM: We all know that Donald Trump is obsessed with ratings and his losing results of last night’s dueling town halls with Joe Biden may hurt almost as much as losing the election, almost. That’s a hypothetical leading to the November 3 vote, but with more numbers just in, we know...
I feel their overhyping a 1 million viewer difference.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Oct-16-FRI.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-friday-network-scorecard-10-16-2020.html

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of October 18:

The top 3 shows are in the exact same spots as last Sunday. Evil moved up 2 from last week. Cocomelon went up 3 from last week. The 100 fell 6 places from last week, hanging on to the #10 spot. And Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous fell out of the top 10.

1.) The Haunting of Bly Manor (Season 1)
2.) Emily in Paris (Season 1)
3.) Schitt's Creek (Seasons 1-6)
4.) Evil (Season 1)
5.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
6.) The Great British Baking Show (Collections 1-8)
7.) The Last Kids on Earth (Books 1-3) (NEW)
8.) The Cabin with Bert Kreischer (Season 1) (NEW)
9.) Dream Home Makeover (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) The 100 (Seasons 1-7)

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

The top 3 shows are in the exact same spots as last Sunday. Evil moved up 2 from last week. Cocomelon went up 3 from last week. The 100 fell 6 places from last week, hanging on to the #10 spot. And Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous fell out of the top 10.

4.) Evil (Season 1)
5.) Cocomelon (Season 1)

Cocomelon 💪

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
tvline.com

The Vow Renewed for Season 2 at HBO

HBO has renewed NXIVM docuseries 'The Vow' for a second season

WHY ARE THEY DOING ANOTHER SEASON OF THE VOW HOLY SHIT FUCK

These people are so stunned they joined a cult like holy shit we joined a cult no way we joined a cult we're all so important.

There was a great story here that was overtaken by their hubris. My favorite scene was in the finale where Mark and Bonnie are at the coffee shop in Albany where people were like "oh yeah NXIVM? Those cult members tried to recruit us into that crazy cult. But we didn't join because it was clearly a cult." You could see their hearts and brains breaking.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a documentary series end with such an explicit transition to a follow-up as The Vow. They clearly just made a call at a certain point that they wanted to release what was complete and keep shooting since it's an ongoing story.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Vow to me seems like a case of they had too much footage before they even knew they were going to make a documentary, hence the overstuffed molasses pace it has. That said, a series on the trial is petty much an entirely different thing so I don't mind a follow up in this case. Hopefully it won't suffer from the same issues the first series has.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
The Vow to me seems like a case of they had too much footage before they even knew they were going to make a documentary, hence the overstuffed molasses pace it has. That said, a series on the trial is petty much an entirely different thing so I don't mind a follow up in this case. Hopefully it won't suffer from the same issues the first series has.
Definitely. The subjects/participants brought so much themselves. The documentarians were torn between the narrative of the push for a criminal investigation, the personal stories of the ex-members, and all the activities of the cult. It's a weird dynamic since the people are so active in so many parts of the project, not just as interview subjects.

I'm sure the filmmakers downplay it since they needed his billions of hours of footage and he was an ongoing figure in the lead-up to the government action, but it's odd that Mark Vicente gets to sort of be presented as another relatively normal guy sucked into the cult. He was a nutter beforehand. I had a statistics professor make us watch his pseudo-doc What the Bleep Do We Know!? for some baffling reason and it was basically The Secret but with a thin veneer of physics and science. I wish I could remember what silly pretext was used to make that relevant to class, but it was wildly stupid and insulting to sit through. That professor wasn't very good...

Oct 25, 2017
So Travel Channel has a special Ghost Adventures episode a few days before Halloween where they investigate..........
Joe Exotic's zoo.

Jesus Christ

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely. The subjects/participants brought so much themselves. The documentarians were torn between the narrative of the push for a criminal investigation, the personal stories of the ex-members, and all the activities of the cult. It's a weird dynamic since the people are so active in so many parts of the project, not just as interview subjects.

I'm sure the filmmakers downplay it since they needed his billions of hours of footage and he was an ongoing figure in the lead-up to the government action, but it's odd that Mark Vicente gets to sort of be presented as another relatively normal guy sucked into the cult. He was a nutter beforehand. I had a statistics professor make us watch his pseudo-doc What the Bleep Do We Know!? for some baffling reason and it was basically The Secret but with a thin veneer of physics and science. I wish I could remember what silly pretext was used to make that relevant to class, but it was wildly stupid and insulting to sit through. That professor wasn't very good...
Oh, I don't exactly feel bad for any of the ex-members who are presented in the doc, especially the members who were high up in the organization and very integrated like Mark and Sarah. I mean, I have some level of sympathy for them, of course -- they were all ultimately victims of this thing. But at the same time they were perpetrators too. I know the doc goes into that and has scenes of them feeling guilty about it, but it all rings slightly hollow, not to mention (and forgive my cynicism here) how while they aren't listed as producers on this project, they are no doubt making a lot of money off of it.

I think Catherine Oxenberg is the only "main" focused on individual who comes across as completely sympathetic. The older girlfriend of Keith's they had a few episodes ago as well, because she actually got out early before the cult was essentially a cult, and was very clearly preyed upon from the get-go.

The main reason the cult worked as well as it did is because it preyed upon people who were already vulnerable and looking for something to fill a void each individual had.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I don't exactly feel bad for any of the ex-members who are presented in the doc, especially the members who were high up in the organization and very integrated like Mark and Sarah. I mean, I have some level of sympathy for them, of course -- they were all ultimately victims of this thing. But at the same time they were perpetrators too. I know the doc goes into that and has scenes of them feeling guilty about it, but it all rings slightly hollow, not to mention (and forgive my cynicism here) how while they aren't listed as producers on this project, they are no doubt making a lot of money off of it.

I think Catherine Oxenberg is the only "main" focused on individual who comes across as completely sympathetic. The older girlfriend of Keith's they had a few episodes ago as well, because she actually got out early before the cult was essentially a cult, and was very clearly preyed upon from the get-go.

The main reason the cult worked as well as it did is because it preyed upon people who were already vulnerable and looking for something to fill a void each individual had.

Haven't watched, but I have to know. Is there any explanation for Raniere's fucking volleyball obsession? Every article I've read on this has them basically doing two things, running (obviously so they'll look like pre-pubescent girls for the pedophile) and playing volleyball day and night.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017

4.) Evil (Season 1)
5.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
Am I a bad person for enjoying Emily in Paris? Asking for a...friend...

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Am I a bad person for enjoying Emily in Paris? Asking for a...friend...
I can project my internalized hatred after Netflix's cancellation of Teenage Bounty Hunters onto you, if you want.

Speaking of Teenage Bounty Hunters, if this show can't be saved, can Kathleen Jordan just make a new show with the entire cast of Teenage Bounty Hunters with a more reliable partner? Please?