• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm familiar, but it has a ton of comments from people in the article.

tvline.com

Home & Family Cancelled at Hallmark

Hallmark Channel's morning show 'Home & Family' will end after its current ninth season — find out when the final episodes will air.
The only title I can think of "Homeless Alone" or maybe "Homeless and Alone" ... I've actually never heard of this show and the only time I'm on a Hallmark channel is when I'm letting holiday movies play in the background with someone or watching one of the crime/mystery shows with them.

Evan Peters is Dahmer

Niecy Nash looks like Niecy in this picture to me but at the same time ... she doesn't? I can't put my finger on why she seems different to me here.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Oh, I didn't see this! Good news, I love Ari Aster!

bloody-disgusting.com

Ari Aster and Lars Knudsen’s Label Square Peg Partners With A24 for Two-Year First Look TV Deal

Announced by Deadline today, Ari Aster (Hereditary, Midsommar) will be taking his talents to the small screen, with Aster and Lars Knudsen‘s label Square Peg inking a two-year, first-look television deal with the company behind both of Aster’s movies, A24. Knudsen produced both films, along with...
Ari Aster (Hereditary, Midsommar) will be taking his talents to the small screen, with Aster and Lars Knudsen's label Square Peg inking a two-year, first-look television deal with the company behind both of Aster's movies, A24. Knudsen produced both films, along with The Witch and Robert Eggers' upcoming The Northman.

Jan 20, 2019
deadline.com

‘National Treasure’ TV Series With Latina Lead Greenlighted By Disney+; Mira Nair To Direct

EXCLUSIVE: The long-gestating National Treasure TV series has been greenlighted with a 10-episode order. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All The project, from the films’ producer Jerry Bruckheimer and original writers Marianne and Cormac Wibberley...

Love the movies, hope the series is good.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even know this was happening

deadline.com

Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi’s ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ Spinoff ‘Wellington Paranormal’ Heads To The CW & HBO Max In First Joint Acquisition

'Wellington Paranormal,' a New Zealand mockumentary based on Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi’s 'What We Do in the Shadows' film, is coming to U.S.
It's on its third season. It seemed odd that no one managed to pick it up earlier.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take it. Whatever gets it renewed. You think it's got a decent shot in this multifarious streaming situation?
Yeah, I do. Online buzz/discussion has been pretty low, but it's hard to gauge anything off of that -- especially since this is an original thing and not an adaptation of an existing property with a built-in fanbase (which is growing ever rarer in the genre space). I think in today's day and age most people, especially in the 18 - 49 demo, are going to watch online rather than live on network.

I also think the COVID situation also helps things since surely NBC is evaluating this differently than normal, as due to those circumstances it forced this to be a March-start show (incredibly late for network) and pushed back several other projects (including other genre shows like La Brea). Nothing is a certainty but I feel like it will comfortably get a second season, at least.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Is Falcon any good for non-MCU people? I tend to like the unusual MCU movie stuff best like Ant-Man. (Already watched most of Wandavision but lost interest.)

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Is Falcon any good for non-MCU people? I tend to like the unusual MCU movie stuff best like Ant-Man. (Already watched most of Wandavision but lost interest.)
From the first episode I'd say no, it's all in on MCU stuff. It's fully a Captain America/Avengers sequel.

I got two episodes into WandaVision and as a classic TV fan I felt the references were more set dressing than deep homage honestly

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘All Rise’ Creator/EP Greg Spottiswood Fired By Warner Bros. TV Over Misconduct Allegations, Dropped By APA

EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Greg Spottiswood, creator, executive producer and co-showrunner of All Rise, has been let go from the CBS legal drama by series’ producer Warner Bros. Television, Deadline has learned. He exited the show following an investigation into allegations of unprofessional conduct in...
Spottiswood was involved in a writers room controversy during Season 1 when five of All Rise's original seven writers — including the show's three highest-ranking writers of color led by co-showrunner Sunil Nayar — exited in late 2019 after clashes with Spottiswood over the series' depiction of people of color. Warner Bros. TV at the time conducted a work environment review which it said "did not reveal conduct that would warrant removing Spottiswood," although the studio said they "identified areas for improvement, and implemented procedures and protocols in response to the findings," including the hire of a corporate coach, a Black woman, to work with Spottiswood.

Following Nayar's exit early in Season 1, Spottiswood also was paired with a new co-showrunner, David Makes Man's Harris-Lawrence, in December 2019.

But, according to sources, the climate in the (now virtual) writers room did not improve in Season 2, and some writers were reportedly offended by remarks Spottiswood allegedly made that were perceived as insensitive, especially for the writers of color. Complaints about Spottiswood's behavior led to a new investigation by Warner Bros. TV, which resulted in his dismissal. Spottiswood's exit comes after the All Rise writers room had finished work on Season 2. Harris-Lawrence will serve as showrunner for the remainder of production and post-production on Season 2, which is currently filming Episode 15 of its 17-episode order. CBS has not made a renewal decision on most of its series, including All Rise, for next season.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘All Rise’ Creator/EP Greg Spottiswood Fired By Warner Bros. TV Over Misconduct Allegations, Dropped By APA

EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Greg Spottiswood, creator, executive producer and co-showrunner of All Rise, has been let go from the CBS legal drama by series’ producer Warner Bros. Television, Deadline has learned. He exited the show following an investigation into allegations of unprofessional conduct in...
bring back the people from s1 now that the problem person is gone, if they do s3.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
New greenlight from HBO Europe.

HBO Europe has given the green-light to The Informant, an 8 x 40" Hungarian drama written by Bálint Szentgyörgyi, who also directs alongside Áron Mátyássy and Bence Miklauzic. Filming is now underway on the series, which follows 20-year-old Geri (Gergely Váradi) who is starting university in 1980's Hungary. Unbeknownst to his friends, Geri lives a second life as a government informant.

I absolutely loved Beforeigners (HBO Europe's first original) so I'm glad they're making more stuff.
That like to dislike ratio for Them. 🤔
EDIT: Oh, just checked the comments and it's complete white power bullshit so fuck that.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

2021-Mar-24-WED-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-wednesday-network-scorecard-3-24-2021.html

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Netflix Boards BBC Steven Moffat Series ‘Inside Man’; Stanley Tucci, David Tennant, Dolly Wells, Lydia West Join Cast

Netflix boards Steven Moffat's Inside Man. Stanley Tucci, David Tennant, Dolly Wells, Lydia West join cast.

Deadline can reveal that Oscar-nominated Supernovaand Spotlight star Stanley Tucci has been set in the title role of the Inside Man, while he will be joined by Doctor Who and Des actor David Tennant, and The Pursuit of Love and Dracula star Dolly Wells. Rounding out the headline cast is Lydia West, who featured in the acclaimed Channel 4/HBO Max series It's A Sin.

Doctor Who and Sherlock writer Steven Moffat is keeping plot details firmly under wraps, so much so that only he himself knows how the story will conclude. That means Netflix and the BBC are in the dark about how Inside Man will end.

What we do know is the four-part Hartswood Filmsseries centers on a prisoner on death row in the U.S., a vicar in a quiet English town, and a maths teacher trapped in a cellar, as they cross paths in the most unexpected way.

Jul 4, 2019

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Good time to end the series imo
I think they'll attempt to continue for a season for two. I don't recall them writing off her husband's character after his passing and kind of expect them to have her character leave between seasons. Or things could go a different way with what was happening in season 11. If they do continue the series without her, I just don't want them to recast her.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
They might do another Archer Vice but I dunno. Sucks we just got back to normal and we lose regular Mallory.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll attempt to continue for a season for two. I don't recall them writing off her husband's character after his passing and kind of expect them to have her character leave between seasons.
They'd stopped actively using that character years before his death, however. Ron Liebman's character only appeared in 9 episodes over 4 seasons, and he last appeared in a 2016 episode, and then he passed away in 2019. It's not like he was a major player in the show. That's a far cry from forcibly losing a regular character like Malory.

I would hazard a guess that if they choose to try to continue, they'd do one more season and it'd be about Sterling trying to become his own man after Malory's death, but they may prefer to just never lose the magic of her presence.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
More casting news for the HBO Lakers drama. Looking to be one hell of a cast.

deadline.com

Bo Burnham To Play Larry Bird In HBO’s 1980s L.A. Lakers Series

Bo Burnham has been tapped to play former NBA star Larry Bird in Adam McKay’s Los Angeles Lakers HBO drama series.
deadline.com

Jason Segel To Play Paul Westhead In HBO’s 1980s L.A. Lakers Series

Jason Segel has been tapped to star as Paul Westhead in Adam McKay’s Los Angeles Lakers HBO drama series.

Did not realize Bo Burnham was that tall.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
They'd stopped actively using that character years before his death, however. Ron Liebman's character only appeared in 9 episodes over 4 seasons, and he last appeared in a 2016 episode, and then he passed away in 2019. It's not like he was a major player in the show. That's a far cry from forcibly losing a regular character like Malory.

I would hazard a guess that if they choose to try to continue, they'd do one more season and it'd be about Sterling trying to become his own man after Malory's death, but they may prefer to just never lose the magic of her presence.
True. I just imagined that if they did want to go without her, it would involve the characters explaining she went away with Ron and decided to retire or something.

Yeah, I can definitely envision them having a whole season like that where Sterling is trying to get over things and actually stand on his own.