• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Peacock continues to bet big on comedies.

Rutherford Falls follows Helms' Nathan Rutherford and Schmieding's Reagan Wells, two lifelong best friends who find themselves at a crossroads — quite literally — when their sleepy town gets an unexpected wakeup call.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
My wife and I watched the first two episodes of For All Mankind and to us it was just a slog through toxic masculinity and political blame-shifting bullshit. We didn't really enjoy it at all.

Does the tone of the show change at all from there? Or should we just skip it?

About the toxic masculinity aspect, I can confirm that it's addressed pretty early. The show is definitely talking about toxic masculinity and women's place in society at that time, and I personally like what they're doing with this.
The events at the end of this episode have huge repercussions... keep watching :)

About the political games... well it's also one big aspect of the show. But it ends up not necessarily being all about that. It really is a show more focused on the personal story of its characters.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of glad I never watched season 2 of Killing Eve. It sounds like they didn't know where to go after that first season.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I'm barely watching season 1 of Killing Eve and will stop there I guess. Glad this popped up before I got deeper.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Hot Package: A24 Teams Its ‘Minari’ Oscar Nominee Steven Yeun With Ali Wong For 10-Episode Series; Lee Sung Jin Showrunner

EXCLUSIVE: Hot off his first Oscar nomination for Minari, Steven Yeun is reuniting with A24 on an untitled 10-episode dramedy he’ll star in with Ali Wong. Pitched last week, it has created an…

A24 has been getting busier in the TV space, with Ramy, Emmy winner Euphoria, At Home with Amy Sedaris and the upcoming Moonbase 8 with John C. Reilly and Fred Armisen for Showtime.
I never tire of Deadline's awful copyediting. That show premiered 5 months ago.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
An acting showcase for Jodie Comer and to a lesser extent Sandra Oh in Season 3 (hopefully they give Eve better things to do next season).

I do agree it's time the show wrapped up, but even with Season 3 being weaker it still had some great moments. It's worth watching for me just to see Jodie and her numerous facial expressions. I know she is buzzing now with a lot of movies in development, but I'm not sure she will have a part that will let her play so many different aspects.

tumblr_p4lwjcdwHg1x2t60mo6_400.gifv
Yeah, it's still a fun show even if it's not as good as season 1.

If you go into it knowing that the overall point of the show is Eve and Villianelle's relationship and not the larger spy/conspiracy stuff, it makes season 2 and 3 more enjoyable, at least for me.
When I first saw season 2 I was disappointed that it felt kinda aimless, but it is fun just to see the silly murder-y situations the main characters get into, and season 3 was similar in that way.

One more season is definitely a good place to stop. Maybe with a set end-time they can focus on wrapping up the ongoing assassin organization plot line.

Last edited:

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
My wife and I watched the first two episodes of For All Mankind and to us it was just a slog through toxic masculinity and political blame-shifting bullshit. We didn't really enjoy it at all.

Does the tone of the show change at all from there? Or should we just skip it?
About the toxic masculinity aspect, I can confirm that it's addressed pretty early. The show is definitely talking about toxic masculinity and women's place in society at that time, and I personally like what they're doing with this.
The events at the end of this episode have huge repercussions... keep watching :)

About the political games... well it's also one big aspect of the show. But it ends up not necessarily being all about that. It really is a show more focused on the personal story of its characters.
I initially was completely uninterested in the show first two episodes but came back to it, it's one of them that I think starts out really uneven but picks up.

Yes, I agree with Conditional - Pancakes, It's there but as one that's also a reference to the time of place these events take into and addresses that throughout the seasons. There are times for which this behavior may seem "right" for these characters at the time but clearly framed it's an attitude that clearly doesn't work all, and yeah, since you were on the episode 2 that glimpse at the end I think you'll have noticed how the event will impact the course of the whole season. So I think stick with it.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

Thanks for the info! Glad they address it instead of just putting it out there.

I don't mind political games at all - I love political thrillers as a genre for the most part. What I hate is when those political machinations are just dwelling on trying to figure out who to blame for something, it's just too close to home and something I honestly couldn't care less about.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, it's still a fun show even if it's not as good as season 1.

If you go into it knowing that the overall point of the show is Eve and Villianelle's relationship and not the larger spy/conspiracy stuff, it makes season 2 and 3 more enjoyable, at least for me.
When I first saw season 2 I was disappointed that it felt kinda aimless, but it is fun just to see the silly murder-y situations the main characters get into, and season 3 was similar in that way.

One more season is definitely a good place to stop. Maybe with a set end-time they can focus on wrapping up the ongoing assassin organization plot line.

I hope so. Although watching the show it became clear the organization seemed too big to stop. At least certainly for Eve and Villanelle.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Best thing about AVClub review was the comment section.
I dont remember exact moment when or how, but they just died.
Back then even a niche show got hundreds of posts.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I'm rewatching Justified right now, too, since my partner hasn't seen it and I was convinced she'd dig the core character relationships. That show holds up damned well.

Oct 25, 2017
The GRAMMY AWARDS adjusted to 2.28 (down about 58% from 2020), and SIXTY MINUTES adjusted down to 0.95.

twitter, as you all said, led us wrong.

Award shows are going to need to reconsider their position in the coming decade (unless, they have shown evidence that even just getting your property on a nomination list or shown at the reward makes for significant gains in money for your work), then perhaps it can survive just as an advertising marketing tool

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Who will get the Addison Rae streaming show?

Peacock and it'll be an NBC style sitcom 😂

whelp not a show tho

deadline.com

‘He’s All That’ Remake Starring Addison Rae, Tanner Buchanan & Rachael Leigh Cook Lands At Netflix

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has picked up rights to Miramax’s She’s All That gender-swapped remake He’s All That. Sources tell Deadline that the deal is north of $20 million. The reimaging…

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
What?! I had no idea this was a thing! That's awesome!

I also discovered another Adult Swim show on Hulu and HBO Max called "Three Busy Debras." I haven't seen it yet but that looks wacky too. Has anyone seen it?
Yes, I've seen it. Wacky is a very appropriate descriptor for it. I enjoyed it overall but its very weird and has a lot of weird, strange, and "what the fuck?" kind of humor in it. If you like things that are incredibly absurd, give it a shot. The episodes are short so the entire season would go by really fast.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yes, I've seen it. Wacky is a very appropriate descriptor for it. I enjoyed it overall but its very weird and has a lot of weird, strange, and "what the fuck?" kind of humor in it. If you like things that are incredibly absurd, give it a shot. The episodes are short so the entire season would go by really fast.
Okay, that's the impression I got. That sounds great for a late night viewing as long as there's not too much gross out humor.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Rumours that Mark Harmon is only staying part-time on NCIS next year. It is kinda funny that Bellisario's stepson who did a small guest spot is outlasting so much of the cast.

tvline.com

Whoa, Did NCIS Just Set the Stage for a Part-Time Mark Harmon Next Season?

The following contains major spoilers from the March 16 episode of CBS’ NCIS. This week on NCIS, Gibbs landed in the dog house when a brash act of aggression threatened to end his career. In …

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this themes in this show plus the soderbergh pedigree should have had me on board season one but I just....can't...care. I don't know why but I've never had the slightest interest in checking it out.

It's honestly a pretty good/interesting show

Speaking of Justified...

variety.com

‘Justified’ Team Reunites to Develop Elmore Leonard Novel at FX, Timothy Olyphant Rumored to Return as Raylan Givens (EXCLUSIVE)

The team behind "Justified" is reuniting for a new FX series with Timothy Olyphant potentially returning as Raylan Givens

omg

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I love his previous shows (well, love might be too strong for The Good Place, I liked it tho) but this trailer did absolutely nothing for me :(
Yeah, same. Doesn't quite have a compelling hook for me nor is the humor landing either tbh. :(
Forgot this was happening. Comes out next month, liked Paget Brewster since Andy Ritcher Controls the Universe.

Yooooo, I had no idea this was a thing! I loved Harvey Birdman and this looks to be just as funny.