• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Outlander has been renewed for a seventh season ahead of the sixth season premiere.

So we have at least two more seasons of never ending trauma to enjoy! (And of course I'll be in the front row the whole time... 💀)

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
with all the tweets i've been seeing for the grammys all day, this has to be the most watched one in history...

~unless all these are just international folks~
Twitter chatter unfortunately doesn't typically really correlate with viewers in any significant way. The percentage of people on twitter are always going to be a very small percent of people who actually watching the show (or not), regardless of their activity level.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of March 14, 2021:

"Ginny and Georgia" is still the number 1 show for the third week in a row (STILL!). But there are quite a few new shows debuting in the Top 10 this week, including "The One," "Last Chance U: Basketball," "Marriage or Mortgage," and Part 3 of "Paradise PD."

1.) Ginny and Georgia (Season 1)
2.) The One (Season 1) (NEW)
3.) Last Chance U: Basketball (Season 1) (NEW)
4.) Marriage or Mortgage (Season 1) (NEW)
5.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
6.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2)
7.) Paradise PD (Parts 1-3) (NEW)
8.) Behind Her Eyes (Limited Series)
9.) Good Girls (Seasons 1-3)
10.) Murder Among the Mormons (Limited Series)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

Outlander has been renewed for a seventh season ahead of the sixth season premiere.

So we have at least two more seasons of never ending trauma to enjoy! (And of course I'll be in the front row the whole time... 💀)

When they said all the questions were on the same topic, my mind went in a different direction for a second, haha.

After the last scene, I just hope things work out a LITTLE better for everyone. Good lord that show gets dark as hell.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
So, while Sunday night's preliminary ratings are now out, Showbuzzdaily is warning that the numbers are not accurate since the West Coast was not counted. Due to this, I don't feel comfortable posting the ratings, but I will post the final ratings for Sunday night when they become available tomorrow.

In case anyone wants to see Sunday night's preliminary ratings anyway, here is the link for them:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-sunday-network-scorecard-3-14-2021.html

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Watching the first episode of For All Mankind. Other than the crazy amount of money Apple paid for this, what is the reason I'd watch an alternate history of the space race? My son: 'You read fiction, right?' Me: 'Not of alternate historical events.'

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Watching the first episode of For All Mankind. Other than the crazy amount of money Apple paid for this, what is the reason I'd watch an alternate history of the space race? My son: 'You read fiction, right?' Me: 'Not of alternate historical events.'
I think there are definitely interesting alt-history stories, but For All Mankind seems to have very little to speak about what it changes and why.

Oct 27, 2017
I think there are definitely interesting alt-history stories, but For All Mankind seems to have very little to speak about what it changes and why.

I can't speak for the second season, as I haven't started it yet, but the first season pushes super obviously on how Russia reaching the moon first has an effect on US policy and culture and the need to win.

A main result of this is pushing inclusiveness for women and BIPOC as astronauts in NASA forwards decades.

It shows the Cold War expanding in a different way in regards to the moon base and such and how these changes could make some stuff worse in that regards.

I think it's a really strong alternative history showing another side to the NASA golden age of American exceptionalism and winning compared to how losing can also push change forwards and force different priorities.

I really liked the writing and what it brought up 🤷‍♂️

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I can't speak for the second season, as I haven't started it yet, but the first season pushes super obviously on how Russia reaching the moon first has an effect on US policy and culture and the need to win.

A main result of this is pushing inclusiveness for women and BIPOC as astronauts in NASA forwards decades.

It shows the Cold War expanding in a different way in regards to the moon base and such and how these changes could make some stuff worse in that regards.

I think it's a really strong alternative history showing another side to the NASA golden age of American exceptionalism and winning compared to how losing can also push change forwards and force different priorities.

I really liked the writing and what it brought up 🤷‍♂️
On the topic, I love For All mankind, rarely get's talked about here there's not even an OT despite the new episode being really good so much to talk about, The show for sure foreshadows quite a bit than given credit for, every action has a ripple effect but more subtle, some of it's not directly mentioned but it goes to show how personal lives can have large impacts on events and then reverse. And the inclusiveness as you mention doesn't mean the problems go away and how there's huge walls in place to prevent progress and how each of the characters try overcoming it. Ellen is a big example of that. Second season goes forward with that. Space progress is much more accelerated which also has more long term impacts on daily life (kind of showing how progress held back in a way) but tensions also higher between two nations both countries spending huge amount. Also think Season 2 has a cool trailer which I don't see how anyone doesn't get sold on that.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
On the topic, I love For All mankind, rarely get's talked about here there's not even an OT despite the new episode being really good so much to talk about, The show for sure foreshadows quite a bit than given credit for, every action has a ripple effect but more subtle, some of it's not directly mentioned but it goes to show how personal lives can have large impacts on events and then reverse. And the inclusiveness as you mention doesn't mean the problems go away and how there's huge walls in place to prevent progress and how each of the characters try overcoming it. Ellen is a big example of that. Second season goes forward with that. Space progress is much more accelerated which also has more long term impacts on daily life (kind of showing how progress held back in a way) but tensions also higher between two nations both countries spending huge amount. Also think Season 2 has a cool trailer which I don't see how anyone doesn't get sold on that.

we have an ot! 😃

www.resetera.com

For All Mankind - Season 2 |OT| Hi Bob! OT

Imagine a world where the global space race never ended. This "what-if" take on history from Ronald D. Moore (Outlander, Battlestar Galactica) spotlights the lives of NASA astronauts-the heroes and the rockstars of their time-and their families. Watch For All Mankind now on the Apple TV app...

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Started watching PEN15. Very rare for a pilot episode and a cringe comedy to make me laugh out loud, but it managed. Can't wait for the rest of it.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
we have an ot! 😃

www.resetera.com

Imagine a world where the global space race never ended. This "what-if" take on history from Ronald D. Moore (Outlander, Battlestar Galactica) spotlights the lives of NASA astronauts-the heroes and the rockstars of their time-and their families. Watch For All Mankind now on the Apple TV app...
Oh wow, I tried search function and couldn't find it. Thanks very much.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
we have an ot! 😃

www.resetera.com

Sort of off-topic, but my mom grew up completely obsessed with the space race and when I told her about For All Mankind, she refused to watch it because "I refuse to see the soviets winning". She isn't even American lol.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Sort of off-topic, but my mom grew up completely obsessed with the space race and when I told her about For All Mankind, she refused to watch it because "I refuse to see the soviets winning". She isn't even American lol.
What about The Right Stuff on D+?

Resetera serach function is trash. If you are ever looking or an OT just type the name of the thing "OT Resetera" in google and it will be the first hit.
Or search titles only. Every time someone says they didn't find something I find it right away by doing that.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
My one complaint about For All Mankind
is the sheer amount of losing the Russians do during the show. Like they win the race to the moon, and then I guess they "win" the first woman on the moon. And that's it. The rest is all America winning and winning.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

2021-Mar-15-MON-FastDemo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-network-scorecard-3-15-2021.html

And here are Sunday night's FINAL ratings:

2021-Mar-14-SUN-NatBcast.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-3-14-2021.html

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
we have an ot! 😃

www.resetera.com

Thanks for the OT, I wasn't aware of it. Do we have a place listing all the OTs for current shows? It's not easy to know if any specific show has an OT or not. I never totally know where to post when I want to talk about a show.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Depending on what kind of show you usually like, I think you should stick to it. The alternate history stuff is very well made in my opinion. You feel some of the impacts if this one alternate event pretty soon, and as time passes more and more things also begin diverging in very interesting ways. It's fun.

But really, the reason this show exists is for its characters. The way we follow all these characters is very well done and creates very emotional moments. Some of the acting is absolutely outstanding.

The pacing of the show is also very interesting, I like it a lot. There is so much stuff happening within the 10 episodes of the first season... If it was any other show all this content would have been spread over at least 3 seasons.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Killing Eve’ to End With Season 4 on AMC/BBC America in 2022

The basic cable network is also teaming with producers Sid Gentle Films to develop potential spinoffs based on supporting characters from the series as a way continue the award-winning franchise.

It's time

It never really was able to match the quality of the first season, so that's okay with me.
I legit low-key hate Phoebe Waller Bridge for just bailing on the show.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Everybody Hates Chris’ Animated Reboot, ‘Shtisel’ & ‘Panther Baby’ Adaptations In Works As CBS Studios Enters New Stage Post-Merger

CBS Studios is bringing back Everybody Hates Chris as an animated series, leading an expanding development slate post-Viacom merger.

EXCLUSIVE: Chris Rock's beloved autobiographical family sitcom Everybody Hates Chris is coming back as an animated series, with Rock expected to return as the narrator. Global hit Israeli drama Shtisel is getting an American remake, written by Insatiable creator Lauren Gussis and directed by Oscar winner Kenneth Lonergan. And Jamal Joseph's gripping memoir Panther Baby is being adapted as a TV series with Gina Prince-Bythewood directing and The Queen's Gambit's Scott Frank, Timberman/Beverly and Reggie Bythewood producing.

Everybody Hates Chris and Shtisel, which are being taken to the marketplace, and Panther Baby, which has been set up at Starz, are part of the development slate at CBS Studios, illustrating some of the areas of expansion for the studio: mining its deep library of IP, ramping up animation to complement its comedy slate of traditional sitcoms like The Neighborhood and premium "dramcoms" like Dead To Me, finding new buyers and becoming more global.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Did the show just continue to be the chase between the two characters?
There are times where they literally work together. It stopped being the kind of chase they had in season 1
I legit low-key hate Phoebe Waller Bridge for just bailing on the show.
I still love her for so much of her other stuff but the constant change in show runner each season just seems like such a bad idea. I wonder what kind of show we could have had if she did more than just EP for the show after the first season.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly can't remember if I even watched Eve season 3 :(

is that the one that ends with
Villanelle shooting Eve
or was that season 2?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
The first and second seasons of Killing Eve are so great.

There's a great video essay talking about how it's subverting the old clichés plaguing the portrayal of bisexuality in film and TV, how the show is fitting in the cat-and-mouse spy thriller genre, and how it undoubtedly was made with a feminine gaze.

It's a great essay (and not that long). I highly recommend watching it if you like Killing Eve:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Hrm, what does the show turn into after that?
I wish I could remember more of the season to tell you but I was barely paying attention to it towards the end and I remember the final scene of the season most and then bits and piece of the rest of the season. Part of it feels like its just a a toxic relationship between the two of them.

The first and second seasons of Killing Eve are so great.

There's a great video essay talking about how it's subverting the old clichés plaguing the portrayal of bisexuality in film and TV, how the show is fitting in the cat-and-mouse spy thriller genre, and how it undoubtedly was made with a feminine gaze.

It's a great essay (and not that long). I highly recommend watching it if you like Killing Eve:

Thanks for posting this. I was actually trying to find the thread you made about this because I opened it last night and ended up losing track of it at some point even though I wanted to watch the video.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Thanks for posting this. I was actually trying to find the thread you made about this because I opened it last night and ended up losing track of it at some point even though I wanted to watch the video.

Let me know what you think!

Here's the thread if some of you are interested:

www.resetera.com

Broey Deschanel: Killing Eve, bisexuality in film and TV, spy thrillers, and the feminine gaze

Here's a brilliant video essay by (the great) Broey Deschanel about bisexuality in film and TV, femme fatale characters, cat-and-mouse spy thrillers, the feminine gaze, and how the TV show Killing Eve fits into all that. Highly, highly recommended! As far as video essays go it's not that long, a...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Hrm, what does the show turn into after that?

An acting showcase for Jodie Comer and to a lesser extent Sandra Oh in Season 3 (hopefully they give Eve better things to do next season).

I do agree it's time the show wrapped up, but even with Season 3 being weaker it still had some great moments. It's worth watching for me just to see Jodie and her numerous facial expressions. I know she is buzzing now with a lot of movies in development, but I'm not sure she will have a part that will let her play so many different aspects.

tumblr_p4lwjcdwHg1x2t60mo6_400.gifv

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

My wife and I watched the first two episodes of For All Mankind and to us it was just a slog through toxic masculinity and political blame-shifting bullshit. We didn't really enjoy it at all.

Does the tone of the show change at all from there? Or should we just skip it?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017