• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Chucky’: Jennifer Tilly, Devon Sawa, Zackary Arthur, Teo Briones, Alyvia Alyn Lind & Björgvin Arnarson Set For USA/Syfy Series Reboot

Syfy has cast the teen leads of its new Chucky TV series. Jennifer Tilly will reprise her role from the movies.
Huh... I thought this was supposed to be carrying on from the ending of Cult where
Charles Lee Ray was back in a human body

Definitely a lot more interested in this if that isn't the case.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
lmao there's a WWE tie in in one of the Punky Brewster episodes and I think they've said the phrase "WWE Superstar" like a hundred times.

Jul 4, 2019

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Wire’s David Simon & George Pelecanos Set ‘We Own This City’ HBO Limited Series About Baltimore Police Corruption

We hear that the latest HBO project from The Wire’s EP David Simon and producer George Pelecanos is finally coming together with the premium network recently quietly greenlighting the project and casting already underway. The duo are working on a limited series based on the Random House book We...
Oh. Hell. Yes.

I'll always watch anything Simon does but I really feel like he's sort of stretched his wings and evolved a bit with Plot and Deuce. Those were probably his most "personal" series yet and I look forward to seeing him combine Body-More with a more personal touch

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Tuesday night's ratings. The season 7 premiere of The CW's "The Flash" hit a series low, but "Superman and Lois" looks like it doesn't even need "The Flash" as it attracted a bit more people in its totals:

2021-Mar-02-TUE-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-network-scorecard-3-2-2021.html
For the 0 people who care, Punky Brewster is definitely chasing after the Fuller House nostalgia. lol

I'm curious how well it's doing for them, if at all. It's really what you think of when you think baseline average inoffensive and background watchable (at 1.5x speed? lol) family sitcom.
I care! :( I've only watched the first two episodes but that accurate though.

Soleil Moon Frye might've been my first crush when I was like, four or five.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I care! :( I've only watched the first two episodes but that accurate though.

Soleil Moon Frye might've been my first crush when I was like, four or five.
Haha fair enough. lol

I don't remember anything about the original, but was:
her mother a running plot? It almost feels like they're trying to answer a 30 year old question here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Haha fair enough. lol

I don't remember anything about the original, but was:
her mother a running plot? It almost feels like they're trying to answer a 30 year old question here.
Nah, she just abandoned her, they had a plot around Henry officially adopting her and I thought she showed up in a later episode but maybe not, also thought it was in the grocery store, not in the parking lot but I haven't seen Punky Brewster since I think the Family Channel was showing the reruns in the early 90s so the memory isn't so great.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, she just abandoned her, they had a plot around Henry officially adopting her and I thought she showed up in a later episode but maybe not, also thought it was in the grocery store, not in the parking lot but I haven't seen Punky Brewster since I think the Family Channel was showing the reruns in the early 90s so the memory isn't so great.
Hrm that's interesting. After the pilot which they clearly shot way before the series pickup, it kind of disappears as a through line until the end. I was wondering if they were just doing a little bookend to the series as whole, particularly if the show isn't renewed.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Spielberg might finally get his Talisman series. HR says the Duffer Bros will Co produce with Steve. Show runner will be Curtis Gwinn, exec producer on Stranger Things and former writer for the leftovers and narcos. I for one can't wait. Hopefully they nail it.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Steven Spielberg, Duffer Bros. Team to Tackle Stephen King’s ‘Talisman’ (Exclusive)

Curtis Gwinn, a writer-exec producer on the Duffers' 'Stranger Things,' will act as writer and showrunner of the project, to be produced by Netflix with Spielberg’s Amblin Television and Paramount Television Studios.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of March 7, 2021:

"Ginny and Georgia" is still the number 1 show for this week. "Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan" got knocked out completely after debuting at number 2 last week, with "Murder Among the Mormons" taking it's place. Everything between 3-7 didn't move (aside from "Cocomelon" which went up two spots from last week), and "Bridgerton" is still holding steady at number 9. Part 4 of "Pokemon Journeys - The Series" and season 1 "Pacific Rim: The Black" also round out the Top 10 this week.

1.) Ginny and Georgia (Season 1)
2.) Murder Among the Mormons (Limited Series) (NEW)
3.) Behind Her Eyes (Limited Series)
4.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2)
5.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
6.) Good Girls (Seasons 1-3)
7.) Firefly Lane (Season 1)
8.) Pokemon Journeys - The Series (Parts 1-4) (NEW)
9.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
10.) Pacific Rim: The Black (Season 1) (NEW)

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught Debris

That soundtrack works.

Am glad it isn't doing a kids are the aliens for the whole plot thing like a few other shows, perhaps that will save it from the cancellation monsters.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
www.etonline.com

'Kung Fu': Watch the Action-Packed First Trailer for the CW Series (Exclusive)

The drama series premieres Wednesday, April 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. A quarter-life crisis causes a young Chinese American woman, Nicky Shen (Olivia Liang), to drop out of college and go on a life-changing journey to an isolated monastery in China. But when she returns to San Francisco, she...

First trailer for Kung Fu on CW - looks pretty good.

Another small business shutters in Toronto

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NOOOOOOO

deadline.com

Canadian Comedy ‘Kim’s Convenience’ To End With Fifth Season

Kim’s Convenience, the Canadian sitcom that airs on Netflix in the U.S. and in many countries around the world, is ending with its upcoming fifth season. The show, which has been praised for its depiction of a Korean Canadian family, had been renewed through season six but co-creators Ins Choi...

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that the creators would just bail on the show like that, especially when they already had a S6 renewal.

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
NOOOOOOO

deadline.com

Canadian Comedy ‘Kim’s Convenience’ To End With Fifth Season

Kim’s Convenience, the Canadian sitcom that airs on Netflix in the U.S. and in many countries around the world, is ending with its upcoming fifth season. The show, which has been praised for its depiction of a Korean Canadian family, had been renewed through season six but co-creators Ins Choi...
That's such bullshit. There's definitely something the creators of the show aren't saying. Maybe they got into a bad fight or something?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hate that Kim's Convenience is cancelled. This season has been good so far and seeing that Simu Liu said his character and Mr Kim won't resolve their divide is a little sad, especially after they started to last week.

OT title: Another small business shutters in Toronto.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
The Kim's Convenience thing definitely sounds suspicious. The creators suddenly decide to leave? The actors were really disappointed and tried to find a way to keep going? Something happened. Fights over pay or budget?

What a shame. The show's lovely.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I hate that Kim's Convenience is cancelled. This season has been good so far and seeing that Simu Liu said his character and Mr Kim won't resolve their divide is a little sad, especially after they started to last week.

Amazing OT lol.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

I hate the cancellation news but I love that title

I thought I remember hearing about a Yasuke live action movie but not about an anime series. I think I'll be checking it out.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
www.etonline.com

'Kung Fu': Watch the Action-Packed First Trailer for the CW Series (Exclusive)

The drama series premieres Wednesday, April 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. A quarter-life crisis causes a young Chinese American woman, Nicky Shen (Olivia Liang), to drop out of college and go on a life-changing journey to an isolated monastery in China. But when she returns to San Francisco, she...

First trailer for Kung Fu on CW - looks pretty good.
I'll watch, give it 10 seasons and since it's a WB/Berlanti production an eventual Arrowverse crossover.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we won't know the story behind Kim's Convenience, but it seems odd that the creators would walk away unless they were just tired of making the show.

I don't know if it's because it's an "Asian" show, but I was just reminded of the Constance Wu situation with Fresh Off The Boat.