• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
i wonder if any of these nbc or even abc sci fi shows will ever take off, like i wanted Emergent too...and now i see Debris, and am like...will it take off or just be a one season wonder :(

Can't mention take off, without mentioning Manifest. Personally I don't watch it, but I believe it has a sci-fi element or at least a mystery angle and it's chugging along to a 3rd season.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
For great Elizabeth Olsen show about woman in grief, please try Sorry for Your Loss! 🤗
Too bad Facebook got out of the TV game (or, why did they ever get into the TV game in the first place? lol).

---

Also, I made a joke that Wandavision is a more accessible version of Legion and someone agreed. I feel like that's probably one way to at least decide if you want to watch the show. lol

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Thanks for all of your answers, Marvels fans and not so fans, I appreciate it.

My takeaway is: I'll wait until the full season is aired, gauge what the reaction is then, and decide if I try it out or nah. I am familiar with almost all Marvel movies, so I won't be lost on that account, but I doubt it'll amaze me still. I mostly watched most of them to know what they were about (and kept on persevering even though it all felt very average), not because I'm a huge fan of the universe.
I'm just so generally burned out by anything Disney/Marvel/Star Wars these days that I just don't have the bandwidth to allocate to lowpar nostalgia-driven uninspired media products. I can't even bring myself to watch the 2nd season of The Mandalorian despite loving Pedro Pascal a fucking lot, sobs.

But I'll try.

Also I concur with RatskyWatsky about Sorry For Your Loss, even though I never could manage to finish it cause I wasn't in a good place mentally to watch that then. But it was brilliant.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
WandaVision, and Mandalorian before that, are really best for that "collective TV experience". Just about everyone is watching it, I can talk to any of my relatives and chances are high they have watched an episode or the entire season. Just like Game of Thrones in the past. Few shows have that power nowadays, especially across generations - for my nieces and nephews, I'm far more likely to find common ground talking about Youtube or twitch personalities than any TV show, other than WandaVision.

Its pretty fun tuning into the "can you believe what happened last night!" experience, and while savoring that feeling of a TV show that you feel is your personal treasured find is a different high, they are quite different feelings.

Meanwhile, I can't believe Snowfall starts season 4 on Wed. I wonder how those kind of shows survive and seem to thrive. Networks building out future streaming libraries?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

2021-Feb-22-MON-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-network-scorecard-2-22-2021.html

Oct 25, 2017
CBS putting the message like this on their site: " On March 4, CBS All Access will become Paramount+, which means, to keep streaming your favorite CBS shows & local station for free, you'll need the new CBS app. Air Date: Feb 16, 2021 "

is a little deceiving

when you can still watch the shows on their website (commercial says so), almost scared me into thinking they were getting rid of watching via their website.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I just noticed he hasn't really done anything since 2015.

Didn't know he had a stroke. :(

I believe he actually has a daughter. But yes, that could work.

Sam's daughter would always be motivated to also gain a doctorate in quantum physics to eventually find and save her father. So she would 'leap', just like her father, to bring him home.

IIRC, she doesn't know Sam's her father during the show's run, my fanfic that I know I'm mostly repeating myself on is that she finds out after the series ended (and again it sucks that Dean Stockwell wouldn't be available to be the one to tell her) but has worked years obsessively trying to find and bring him back but wouldn't risk leaping herself (assuming we're going to be setting this either in out present day or like a decade in the future like the original series) and leaving her children but ended up missing large portions of their lives anyway because of her work and then it ends up being the, and I know it's a trope, her brillaint but rebellious daughter that ends up leaping.

Only problem is you'd either have to retcon the end of Sam being responsible for his leaps and choosing to continue or have a resolution where he's found but won't stop but the grand daughter takes the reigns in some manner. Then you could have a rotating cast of support and maybe more focus on the show's present than the original did. Could also cheat on the rules in the same way the show eventually did by having Sam go back to the Civil War era because of an anscestor he for whatever reason shared a closer genetic relation with so you could do that with the grand daughter too and go back to the 60s or maybe just the 80s in the range the original didn't really touch how that'd depend on how loose they want to play with it rules and the character ages.

Only place I could see a new Quantum Leap going is to Peacock and of course it doesn't matter if they go for a full on reboot though I don't think that'd be necessary.

Wouldn't that be Jake from The Cat from Outer Space?

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Young Rock still in good territory. Kenan seems kind of rough for second week. Have to imagine it will steady out at round 0.3 or 0.4 in a couple of weeks.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pitchfork.com

FKA twigs Says She’s Making a Martial Arts TV Show for FX

The show will be based on the “deep connection” between “the Black community and the Chinese martial arts community,” twigs told Michaela Coel

FKA twigs has revealed that she is working on a martial arts TV show for FX. Interviewed by Michaela Coel for The Face, twigs said the show is based on the "deep connection" between "the Black community and the Chinese martial arts community." Pitchfork has emailed representatives for twigs and FX for more details.

"It's like a martial arts TV series which is very much centred around outsiders," twigs said. "And the idea of wanting to fit in but not being able to. I've been putting a lot of research into the way that the Black community and the Chinese martial arts community have a really deep connection. It goes into music: the Wu-Tang Clan came together almost through martial arts."

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just merge Showtime with Paramount+ already ffs
Not if Nevins has any say in the matter!
Halo was originally developed "with an eye toward expanding the palette at Showtime to four-quadrant shows," Nevins said.

But once ViacomCBS settled on a three-lane streaming strategy — free ad-supported, broad-pay and premium-pay — "we all felt that Halo is a broad-pay and premium-pay show," Nevins said.

Meanwhile, Showtime will remain "a premium adults programming service" and home of "sophisticated dramas" like Your Honor, Nevins said.
Finally, a subscription service for me, a premium adult.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Halo’ TV Series Moves From Showtime To Paramount+

Halo, Showtime's anticipated series based on the hugely popular video game franchise, will migrate to Paramount+.
just merge Showtime with Paramount+ already ffs
Yeah, with this it seems inevitable IMO given how high profile a release Halo will be. And Halo is exactly the type of thing Paramount+ needs to really make it succeed.
And HBO with Cinemax. Like, it really only makes sense :/ Didn't these premium extensions also have a REALLY high chun rate, as of those graphs that were shown recently?
Sort of already happening, just slowly. Only a few of the Cinemax dramas left to come over now.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
And HBO with Cinemax. Like, it really only makes sense :/ Didn't these premium extensions also have a REALLY high chun rate, as of those graphs that were shown recently?

Yep. It honestly doesn't make sense to keep them separate at this point, especially when they're targeting the same audiences.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

deadline.com

‘Rugrats’: Original Voice Cast Members To Reunite For Series Revival At Paramount+

The 'Rugrats' gang is coming back in more ways than one as the voice cast behind the original 1991 animated series will reprise their roles.

deadline.com

‘Criminal Minds’: Paramount+ Lays Out Plan To Revive Procedural Franchise

Criminal Minds is set to play a big part for Paramount+.
Deadline understands that a creative team for the scripted revival is currently being assembled. It is expected to be led by longtime Criminal Minds executive producer/showrunner Erica Messer. Talks are currently underway with most — if not all — cast members from the show's final season on CBS about returning for the Paramount+ revival. ABC Signature and CBS Studio are producing the scripted revival and the docuseries.

This is part of a two-year plan, revealed by Paramount+'s Julie McNamara, to revitalize the franchise. It includes a true crime documentary series, as revealed earlier by Deadline, that will feature a former real FBI profiler.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

i still feel compelled to watch this show someday!

That's cool for the fans. I was thinking about how strange its cancellation was just the other day.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Dexter is though, remember.

Is Dexter high art?

Of course not, but I'm confident that its highs are higher than anything a tv show set in the Halo universe will ever be capable of achieving.
Fuckin' Ray baby.

You couldn't pay me to watch this. I still can't believe I watched this dour slog for as many seasons as I did.