• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

2021-Feb-19-FRI-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-friday-network-scorecard-2-19-2021.html

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Just an interesting tidbit from a Ron Moore interview that I listened to about Outlander, where he says he's pretty much off the show and only gives feedback when people send work to him. I wonder if Behr is still in it too.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Ron Moore seems like he has ants in his pants and can't stay attached to any one show for more than a couple seasons. I bet he also leaves For All Mankind before too long.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Ron Moore seems like he has ants in his pants and can't stay attached to any one show for more than a couple seasons. I bet he also leaves For All Mankind before too long.
With his deal with Disney, I assume he'll just naturally shift over to those projects if For All Mankind gets a season 4.

Apparently people at Apple itself love the show though.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
THIS FALL ON DISNEY+

Worlds collide when Car 54 meets Herbie the Love Bug

This all happened before, and it will happen again. These cars were created by man. They rebelled. Then they vanished. Years later they came back, evolved. They look and feel like automobiles but are far more than that. And they have a plan.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That's disappointing about New Orleans, really enjoy the show. Wish it was LA instead (the one NCIS I don't watch).

I'm sure it's a combination of the ratings dropping and the same producers being responsible for the Hawaii spin-off. Hopefully NCIS: Hawaii does well.
How is NCIS nowadays? I stopped watching around the time they fought a legit supervillian, the dude that blew up the HQ using Vance's car

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Some details about the Wednesday Addams Netflix show.

bloody-disgusting.com

Wednesday Addams is Getting Her Own Live Action Netflix Series Directed by Tim Burton!

It was officially announced today that Tim Burton is headed to the small screen with a new live-action series centered on Wednesday Addams, coming soon from Netflix. The series, which is simply titled “Wednesday,” will follow the beloved Addams Family character’s “spooky coming-of-age.” Eight...
"Wednesday" is described as "a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams' years as a student at Nevermore Academy." It's said to follow "Wednesday's attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships."

wednesday-netflix-scaled.jpg

I'm kind of really excited for this!

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
How is NCIS nowadays? I stopped watching around the time they fought a legit supervillian, the dude that blew up the HQ using Vance's car

It's alright. Has changed a lot since you've watched it. If I'm remembering correctly, that was the end of season 9. They are now in season 18. But Ziva is gone, Tony is gone. And Ducky has a much more limited role. Where I enjoy the replacements, it isn't as strong as it was earlier.

Mark Harmon's contract is up at the end of this season. Will be interesting to see if he wants to continue. CBS has said more than once they will continue with the show as long as Harmon is interested in continuing. I did see him say in an article earlier this year, about the shortened season, paraphrasing here, "It's too bad this season is only 16 episodes, hopefully next season we can get back to a more normal schedule." So to me it sounds like he wants to continue. But you never know how things can change.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of February 21, 2021:

"Behind Her Eyes" debuts at number 1 this week, with "Tribes of Europa" and "The Crew" debuting much lower, at numbers 6 and 7, respectively. The third season of "Good Girls" hits Netflix with the number 2 spot.

1.) Behind Her Eyes (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Good Girls (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
3.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2)
4.) Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Season 1)
5.) Firefly Lane (Season 1)
6.) Tribes of Europa (Season 1) (NEW)
7.) The Crew (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
9.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
10.) The Sinner (Seasons 1-3)

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of February 21, 2021:

"Behind Her Eyes" debuts at number 1 this week, with "Tribes of Europa" and "The Crew" debuting much lower, at numbers 6 and 7, respectively. The third season of "Good Girls" hits Netflix with the number 2 spot.

1.) Behind Her Eyes (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Good Girls (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
3.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2)
4.) Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Season 1)
5.) Firefly Lane (Season 1)
6.) Tribes of Europa (Season 1) (NEW)
7.) The Crew (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
9.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
10.) The Sinner (Seasons 1-3)

Tribes of Europa could get renewed if it does well in the rest of the world but the Crew seems DOA. It was probably more expensive than most comedies with Kevin James' salary too.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
It just seems strange a kids show from 13 years ago to get to the top 3 compared to actually NEW shows, I can only imagine it'll fall off as I guess people saw an episode or two for nostalgia

Ah gotcha. Looks like Vypek said it well:

iCarly is somewhat popular and its pretty new to Netflix if I'm not mistaken. I expect the viewership is the same and iCarly just performed well

Yeah, kids shows do really well on streaming in general. Plus, other Nick shows like Victorious, Henry Danger, and Avatar: The Last Airbender also did really well when they first debuted on Netflix.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Funny, I stopped cold turkey watching all three shows like 3 years ago and I feel like other than cast changes, I bet I could slip back in and not miss a beat. lol

I still remember that Syfy attempt where it would have been Sam's daughter trying to look for her father. lol

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

They've been trying for like 20 years, only way I think it's happening at this point would be a full on reboot which is kind of disappointing. If they tried to keep it a sequel and not set in the past at this point they'd probably have to use Sam's grand kids or something since his daughter in the original series would be well into her 50s if not 60s if it took place in our near future like the original. If they did that I'd probably have the granddaughter in the leaper role but with the Sam/Al dynamic switched with her brother and mother taking turns or something being the guide. Could also be ripe with drama.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

If they did this, the only correct way would be to pick up right where they left off (considering Sam didn't make it home). Obviously both him and Al would be much older now after many years of still trying to leap home.

Sorry, I want a happy ending for Sam. I thought the series finale was awful on how it ended.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I've been rewatching The Mick the last few days.

It getting canceled was a damn shame. At the very least it made it two seasons.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
If they did this, the only correct way would be to pick up right where they left off (considering Sam didn't make it home). Obviously both him and Al would be much older now after many years of still trying to leap home.

Sorry, I want a happy ending for Sam. I thought the series finale was awful on how it ended.
I don't know if Dean Stockwell would be up for it beyond maybe one episode, he's in his mid-80s and retired some years back after a stroke.

I've been rewatching The Mick the last few days.

It getting canceled was a damn shame. At the very least it made it two seasons.
I'm still bummed about not getting a third season and seeing what'd happen after that finale.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I watched it!

I was surprised it went for such a low key ending compared to S1. Was one of those...not overtly emotional endings, but a dull heartache. Hope it gets a S3.
Yeah, though with the way things ended I'm wondering if they intend to continue it on at all...

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it absolutely felt like it could be an ending. I just hope it isn't. I think they could squeeze one more season out of these characters if they wanted.

I kind of feel like S2 sucked a lot of fun out of the show tbh. If they do a third season I would like some more lighthearted humor.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of feel like S2 sucked a lot of fun out of the show tbh. If they do a third season I would like some more lighthearted humor.
Yeah, I don't think S2 was as good as S1, but I still enjoyed it. There were some very humorous parts still, but they were spread out and we didn't get as much fun interaction between the two leads.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020

I always said that a new series focusing on Sam's son or daughter foucusing on problems in the 80s to today would work well.