• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Does nothing for me except remind me that I have a ton of Magnum PI to catch up on. But its NCIS so I expect it will get plenty of viewers and Hawaii has great scenery in these shows

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there some Hawaiian studio space that needs a certain number of shows at a given time to remain operational or did I imagine that?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's not smart, they are forced to do this. The European Union requires that a streaming service must offer a 30% quota of European content to European subscribers.
Edit : and from all the football teams in Europe they choose do the a documentary on Feyernoord? Why?
Feyenoord makes perfect sense. There was actually a proposed Dutch law which states that streaming services have to re-invest 6% of the revenue they make in the Nettherlands (can't find the status of that law so far) so that would already mean Disney has to specifically focus on the Netherlands. Ajax would be the most obvious choice if you're gonna make a documentary about a Dutch football club, but since their main sponsor is a TV provider with their own TV channels they'd probably want dips on such a documentary, and Feyenoord is no doubt the biggest and most interesting club after Ajax.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Feyenoord makes perfect sense. There was actually a proposed Dutch law which states that streaming services have to re-invest 6% of the revenue they make in the Nettherlands (can't find the status of that law so far) so that would already mean Disney has to specifically focus on the Netherlands. Ajax would be the most obvious choice if you're gonna make a documentary about a Dutch football club, but since their main sponsor is a TV provider with their own TV channels they'd probably want dips on such a documentary, and Feyenoord is no doubt the biggest and most interesting club after Ajax.
I would say PSV is bigger, but Feyenoord has the nicer stadium.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I remember when my mom went to Amsterdam and she normally always gets me a jersey from a local club. So she asked about Ajax and Feyenoord, and the shopkeeper replied: "for your own safety, it's best you not be asking around for feyenoord stuff here in Amsterdam".

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings. NBC's "Young Rock" and "Kenan" debuted very, VERY well:

2021-Feb-16-TUE-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-network-scorecard-2-16-2021.html

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to check them out. I'm not sure I want to go and find them to check them out. But I didn't think both would do well. I have to keep remembering to open this thread in a different browser cause I still can't figure out how to fix the image issue for showbuzzdaily in Firefox.

NewDayMarch

Nov 25, 2017
A couple of renewals

deadline.com

‘The Neighborhood’ & ‘Bob ♥ Abishola’ Renewed At CBS

CBS’ Monday night comedy block of The Neighborhood and Bob ♥ Abishola is coming back for another run after the network renewed the pair. The Neighborhood will return for a fourth season. and Bob ♥ Abishola will be back for a third season. They mark the first scripted renewals of the season for...

I've never seen anyone discuss, dismiss, or acknowledge The Neighbourhood (in person or online). It's going into Season 4??

I'm curious, if it's good, bad, or-as I suspect-completely nondescript. Any secret Neighbourheads on here?

P.S.-Watched Young Rock/Keenan. DIdn't like either, but COmedy chemistry is very difficult to get right in the first episode, and many shows take until the second season to get going.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen anyone discuss, dismiss, or acknowledge The Neighbourhood (in person or online). It's going into Season 4??

I'm curious, if it's good, bad, or-as I suspect-completely nondescript. Any secret Neighbourheads on here?

P.S.-Watched Young Rock/Keenan. DIdn't like either, but COmedy chemistry is very difficult to get right in the first episode, and many shows take until the second season to get going.
The Neighborhood ... exists I guess. I like Cedric the Entertainer, Tichina Arnold, Max Greenfield, and Beth Behrs. But it is not something you need to ever watch because you aren't missing out on much. It is a serviceable show. Very predictable at times and some decent humor now and then and the characters can be pretty fun. I think your suspicious of "nondescript" works perfectly well for it.. The characters can be pretty fun. It's on and I'll watch it since I don't watch anything else in that timeslot. I'll give it this - it is a little stronger in subsequent seasons than when it first started off. Could definitely use a little more of its secondary characters being on screen now though.

tvline.com

Mom to End With Season 8 at CBS — Find Out When the Series Finale Will Air

'Mom' ending with Season 8: There will be no Season 9 for Allison Janney's CBS comedy; find out when the series finale will air.
I've been much slower about watching this season and have episodes piled up on my DVR. I think in part due to Anna Faris leaving the show. It was still okay though. It'll be sort of missed.

edit:
|OT| Mom left to be with Dads
|OT| CBS sends Mom to rehab

side note: Do you guys remember how awful "Dads" was? My goodness that was not going to go anywhere. Everyone involved could have done better.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I can get behind that!

tv.avclub.com

Netflix and Tim Burton to scare up a live-action Wednesday Addams series

Tim Burton is all set to direct Netflix's new eight-episode young adult drama that centers on iconic character Wednesday Addams.
If you've ever wanted to witness the coming-of-age of cartoonist Charles Addams' iconic character Wednesday Addams, Netflix has got your back. The streamer has commissioned an eight-episode young adult series centered on her with Tim Burton onboard as the director and executive producer. The show, titled Wednesday, is created by Smallville's Al Gough and Miles Millar.

142420b7d0c06698f7a415f5605ad0cb.gif

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I finally started watching In Treatment for the first time.

Is Gabriel Byrne's character supposed to be Irish or is Mr Byrne just really bad at doing an American accent?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Some interesting data on streaming services. Lots of charts in the whole thread. Not surprising that Netflix has the least amount of churn with being so well established and pumping out content so much.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
NCIS New Orleans is ending too
You'd think the flagship one would be the one to end.

Well, maybe now they really could make a Captain Archer sequel. lol

I'm more curious about Bob hearts Abishola. I take it that it's the standard "okay" CBS sitcom that does well enough but isn't something anyone actually talks about.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more curious about Bob hearts Abishola. I take it that it's the standard "okay" CBS sitcom that does well enough but isn't something anyone actually talks about.
This is correct. Lol. Some interesting/funny/good episodes or jokes every now and then but it is solidly "okay" in its best moments.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Have you not seen my complete disdain for the show? Regardless, it's one of CBS' biggest sitcoms alongside Young Sheldon so it's at least doing something right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Bob Hearts Abishola is okay, but I'm at least glad they have another shot to change things.

I'm not surprised. Hopefully Anna Faris comes back for the finale though. I'd at least watch that. Just from reading the synopses of the episodes, it really sounded like it was spinning its wheels.
Christie getting her kid back was the only thing I was interested in and that was basically shelved. They also got rid of things like Bonnie's new sponsor and replaced it with relationship troubles. It's just not as interesting and it's been put as background noise for me. Maybe this would convince them to give the show some sort of conclusion, but the odds of that with so few episodes left are iffy.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Christie getting her kid back was the only thing I was interested in and that was basically shelved. They also got rid of things like Bonnie's new sponsor and replaced it with relationship troubles. It's just not as interesting and it's been put as background noise for me. Maybe this would convince them to give the show some sort of conclusion, but the odds of that with so few episodes left are iffy.
I actually can't even remember who Bonnie's new sponsor was at this point. I was kind of glad when they announced that the kids wouldn't be a part of the show. They were both annoying in a way and they at least had somewhat satisfactory reasons as to why they aren't around Bonnie. And yeah, it doesn't seem like it will get a great conclusion but who knows.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll get Faris back for the finale.

Have you not seen my complete disdain for the show? Regardless, it's one of CBS' biggest sitcoms alongside Young Sheldon so it's at least doing something right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Bob Hearts Abishola is okay, but I'm at least glad they have another shot to change things.
They're changing the premise of the show?

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
NCIS New Orleans ending? I assume because of the pandemic but just to replace it with another Hawaii show is lol.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

I always felt the daughter character was a big downer, I know she was there to show the cycle continuing, but it is a sitcom and she always sucked the oxygen out the room