• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu are the best combo right now.
If I could, I replace Netflix with HBO Max. But since I'm leeching my best friend and his husband all of that services and spotify and gamepass.I cant be too greedy to ask them to change lol.

I really want HBOMax, but my one issue with it right now is I can't access the content in 4K. LG TV, can only really get it through my PS4 Pro.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

2021-Feb-11-THU-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-thursday-network-scorecard-2-11-2021.html

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
A 0.5 in the ratings is about where I expected it to debut which is soft given the push it had but fairly solid for that broadcast slot.

In saying that I'm not sure how the network is going to feel about it in a fee weeks where it's struggling to pull in a 0.3.

That's where I'm at. If it stabilized at 0.5 it would probably be good enough for renewal. But, as you say, it's going to go down from here. Maybe it will be strong on streaming though?

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
|OT| You fly back to school, now, little Starling

(I'm calling dibs on the inevitable Clarice cancellation)

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Melissa Benoist is forming her production company, penned a deal with Warner Bros TV.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Melissa Benoist is forming her production company, penned a deal with Warner Bros TV.

So where was the information coming from again that Supergirl is ending due to Melissa wanting to leave? I kind of took it as truth as it made sense in being a new mom and wanting to spend time with her family. But running her own production company would be quite time consuming, as well.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So where was the information coming from again that Supergirl is ending due to Melissa wanting to leave? I kind of took it as truth as it made sense in being a new mom and wanting to spend time with her family. But running her own production company would be quite time consuming, as well.

There is a big difference between going into work at an office in LA versus weeks of night shooting living in Vancouver.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Living in Los Angeles running a production company also means she is closer to her husband when he is working on stuff like He-Man.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Donald Glover announces collab project with Phoebe Waller-Bridge for Amazon. The "co-created" bit leads me to believe this is a TV show:
image0.png

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
^^Did not see that pairing coming between the two, but the project moves up the anticipated list. I forgot that Phoebe signed one of those mega deals with Amazon, that's a great score for them. I imagine it will be more comedic than the OG film, but will cool in seeing them flex more of an action muscle.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The premiere of WandaVision allows Disney+ to have 2 shows in the Top 10.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘WandaVision’ Premiere Makes Nielsen’s Streaming Top 10

'WandaVision' was among the top 10 original streaming shows for its premiere week, according to Nielsen.

Original Series

1. Bridgerton (Netflix), 1.39 billion minutes viewed
2. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 1.01 billion
3. Night Stalker: The Search for a Serial Killer (Netflix), 867 million
4. Lupin (Netflix), 494 million
5. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix), 442 million
6. WandaVision (Disney+), 434 million
7. Disenchantment (Netflix), 401 million
8. The Crown (Netflix), 394 million
9. Virgin River (Netflix), 340 million
10. The Mandalorian (Disney+), 339 million

I do like the fact New Girl seems to a steady player in the acquired shows list.

Acquired Series

1. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 853 million mintues
2. Grey's Anatomy (Netflix), 711 million
3. Mariposa de Barrio (Netflix), 621 million
4. Supernatural (Netflix), 591 million
5. Schitt's Creek (Netflix), 577 million
6. L.A.'s Finest (Netflix), 546 million
7. NCIS (Netflix), 471 million
8. Cocomelon (Netflix), 468 million
9. New Girl (Netflix), 354 million
10. The Blacklist (Netflix), 307 million

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Adam Curtis' new documentary "Can't Get You Out of My Head: An Emotional History of the Modern World" which just premiered in the UK on the BBC was really fantastic - I binged all 8-ish hours over the course of last night and this morning. If you were a fan of Curtis' previous documentary "HyperNormalisation", definitely give it a shot as it's in a very similar vein.

Someone uploaded the whole thing to YouTube, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFrhIAj0ME

Jul 4, 2019
Adam Curtis' new documentary "Can't Get You Out of My Head: An Emotional History of the Modern World" which just premiered in the UK on the BBC was really fantastic - I binged all 8-ish hours over the course of last night and this morning. If you were a fan of Curtis' previous documentary "HyperNormalisation", definitely give it a shot as it's in a very similar vein.

Someone uploaded the whole thing to YouTube, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFrhIAj0ME
Looks and sounds interesting. Will watch this soon, thanks for the heads up.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017

I've just finished watching the first episode. I loved how he was seemingly telling disparate stories but they all came together in the end.
I loved Hypernormalisation and Bitter Lake but they were extremely dense and such a headfuck at times. I found the 70 odd minutes of this doc to be a lot easier to digest and easier to keep track on the various threads he's talking about. Exceptional film. I can't wait to watch the rest.

I don't know how you did all 8 hours on them in one night though!

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I've just finished watching the first episode. I loved how he was seemingly telling disparate stories but they all came together in the end.
I loved Hypernormalisation and Bitter Lake but they were extremely dense and such a headfuck at times. I found the 70 odd minutes of this doc to be a lot easier to digest and easier to keep track on the various threads he's talking about. Exceptional film. I can't wait to watch the rest.

I don't know how you did all 8 hours on them in one night though!

This one is similarly dense, at least if you watch all the episodes almost back to back XP

But yeah I generally don't binge stuff like that - I just was enthralled and lost track of time.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Actors don't really seem to be all that involved in the day to day of their production companies generally.

Maybe those that already have their hands in the writing and production fields (like Glover and Waller-Bridge) but typically a lot of actor owned production studios, they are putting up capital and working with those they trust to help get stuff they like made, but don't really run things in like an office type setting.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of February 14, 2021:

"Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" debuts at number 1 this week, while "Firefly Lane" goes down to number 2. And "iCarly" makes it's Netflix debut along with season 3 of "The Sinner."

1.) Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Season 1) (NEW)
2.) Firefly Lane (Season 1)
3.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
4.) The Sinner (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
5.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
6.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
7.) Jenni Rivera: Mariposa de Barrio - La Serie (Season 1)
8.) Go, Dog. Go! (Season 1)
9.) Henry Danger (Seasons 1-3)
10.) Gabby's Dollhouse (Season 1)

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that they don't just have seasons under an umbrella for a series. Why should I search for something season by season? They really need to work on improving it
The most baffling thing is that they've done absolutely nothing over the years to try and fix it. The main page is littered with repeating content and categories, search is useless unless you know exactly what you're looking for, it still runs like shit and is a nightmare to navigate.

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe that they don't just have seasons under an umbrella for a series. Why should I search for something season by season? They really need to work on improving it

It's because you can buy seasons separately.

I actually noticed yesterday they are together now on my Roku app. Sort of. You can easily select between them but my Expanse selection was stuck on Season 4 and I couldn't get it to change even after starting Season 5. It's so irritating.

I've literally almost never just browsed for content on Amazon (and I do it regularly for the other services). I'll be subscribed anyway, but Prime Video is not why. It's terrible.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
The most baffling thing is that they've done absolutely nothing over the years to try and fix it. The main page is littered with repeating content and categories, search is useless unless you know exactly what you're looking for, it still runs like shit and is a nightmare to navigate.
Completely agree. It seems that they don't have a team working on improvements at all. Just people who manage the actual content of the service. The only thing I will ever compliment it on is the x-ray actor information that was there when I was watching some series.

It's because you can buy seasons separately.

I actually noticed yesterday they are together now on my Roku app. Sort of. You can easily select between them but my Expanse selection was stuck on Season 4 and I couldn't get it to change even after starting Season 5. It's so irritating.

I've literally almost never just browsed for content on Amazon (and I do it regularly for the other services). I'll be subscribed anyway, but Prime Video is not why. It's terrible.
I was actually looking at a cartoon series I watched with my brother and sister when we were younger since we were talking about it. They don't even let you buy the first season when I checked. You can buy the second and third but the first needs to be bought episode by episode. Even that is something that doesn't seem to be working properly. But I would still think that it would be better to organize seasons under their actual shows instead of completely separate. Unless I am missing it.

I guess its at least its partial consolation that it is close to working on the Roku app. Just disappointing that it doesn't manage to come close as other services that can handle their content better.

I agree with you. I can't browse there either. They don't make it a viable option at all compared to others.