• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The CW orders 3 pilots and gives out a straight to series order:

tvline.com

The 4400 Reboot Gets Straight-to-Series Order at The CW

The CW, the former home of "The 100," will now make room for "The 4400" — as in a remake of the 2004-2007 USA Network sci-fier.

tvline.com

Live-Action Powerpuff Girls, Naomi Comic Adaptation From Ava DuVernay, Nun Dramedy Get CW Pilot Orders

'The Powerpuff Girls': A live-action pilot of the popular cartoon series has been ordered at The CW.

I forgot The CW was doing a reboot of The 4400. I never watched the original show, but I remember people being high on it. The CW must be as well, if they are giving it a straight to series order.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
For my JETT fans, this seems to occupy a similar vibe with some of the same talent. Still hoping JETT eventually comes to HBO Max

deadline.com

Carla Gugino To Star In Crime Thriller Series ‘Leopard Skin’ For AGC Television

Carla Gugino, who recently starred in The Haunting of Bly Manor, will front a television crime thriller for AGC Television. The company, which makes Epix’s War of the Worlds, is producing and financing Leopard Skin with production underway in the Dominican Republic. There is no network attached...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot The CW was doing a reboot of The 4400. I never watched the original show, but I remember people being high on it. The CW must be as well, if they are giving it a straight to series order.
Yeah, 4400 was really solid. Surprisingly good mix of sci-fi mystery, people with powers, x-files/fringe investigations, and even gets into religious-y/cult stuff too.

Sadly the original series ended early, so it would be nice if CW manages to get give it a more satisfying conclusion in the end (if it even makes it as far as the original).

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, 4400 was really solid. Surprisingly good mix of sci-fi mystery, people with powers, x-files/fringe investigations, and even gets into religious-y/cult stuff too.

Sadly the original series ended early, so it would be nice if CW manages to get give it a more satisfying conclusion in the end (if it even makes it as far as the original).

One thing you have to give credit to The CW, they are really good about wrapping their shows up.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Got back to iZombie. I forgot how the brain-cooking vignettes were..... appetizing.

Does a 4400 reboot make sense in a post-Lost/Endgame/Leftovers/Manifest world? I never watched it, but my grandma was a huge fan and used to tell me everything about it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Does a 4400 reboot make sense in a post-Lost/Endgame/Leftovers/Manifest world? I never watched it, but my grandma was a huge fan and used to tell me everything about it.
Really depends on how they switch it up, if much at all.
I rewatched 4400 with my fiance a couple of years ago and she liked it a lot (it was her first time seeing it).

The mystery is pretty good, and even once the reveal happens there's still twists they added afterwards in the original to keep things interesting.

I think the reboot will just depend on them getting good actors (like any show I guess). The original still had some love stories that were pretty good, but I hope they don't go overboard with it and go full "CW" with it with constant breakups and getting back together every season.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Really depends on how they switch it up, if much at all.
I rewatched 4400 with my fiance a couple of years ago and she liked it a lot (it was her first time seeing it).

The mystery is pretty good, and even once the reveal happens there's still twists they added afterwards in the original to keep things interesting.

I think the reboot will just depend on them getting good actors (like any show I guess). The original still had some love stories that were pretty good, but I hope they don't go overboard with it and go full "CW" with it with constant breakups and getting back together every season.
When you rewatched it did you feel like it still held up pretty well? Was thinking about trying it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
When you rewatched it did you feel like it still held up pretty well? Was thinking about trying it.
Yeah, I'd say it held up pretty well. It balances the "case of the week" story with the overall mystery well, and there's a lot of characters that have their own interesting stories on top of everything.

It's also one of the first things I saw Mahershala Ali act in.

It ends on a cliffhanger, but the core mystery was revealed long before then, it was more of not getting to see what happens next for the characters in the last season's arc rather than the whole series. Still a bummer it ended early, but hopefully the CW show can fix that.

Last edited:

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd say it held up pretty well. It balances the "case of the week" story with the overall mystery well, and there's a lot of characters that have their own interesting stories on top of everything.

It's also one of the first things I saw Mahershala Ali act in.

It ends on a cliffhanger, but the core mystery was revealed long before then, it was more of not getting to see what happens next for the characters in the last season's arc rather than the whole series. Still a bummer it ended early, but hopefully the CW show can fix that.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it may be my kind of show. We've been watching forgotten TV series from the 2000's recently like The Nine, Journeyman and Daybreak and really enjoying them. I think the first thing I saw Mahershala Ali in was Alphas, another forgotten but compelling series.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Will Zendaya be Mochi?

underrated comment

For my JETT fans, this seems to occupy a similar vibe with some of the same talent. Still hoping JETT eventually comes to HBO Max

deadline.com

Carla Gugino To Star In Crime Thriller Series ‘Leopard Skin’ For AGC Television

Carla Gugino, who recently starred in The Haunting of Bly Manor, will front a television crime thriller for AGC Television. The company, which makes Epix’s War of the Worlds, is producing and financing Leopard Skin with production underway in the Dominican Republic. There is no network attached...

Oh yeah, I'm in!

RIP Jett :(

deadline.com

Guy Pearce Joins HBO Limited Series ‘Mare Of Easttown’, Reuniting With Kate Winslet

Guy Pearce has been tapped to co-star opposite Winslet in Mare of Easttown, HBO’s limited series focused on family and community.

It's been 10 years since HBO's Mildred Pierce?! :O

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Glad to see Search Party renewed as well. The shift to HBO Max really helped the series. The short seasons and episode length, really make it easy to catch up on.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know,
it's more believable now than ever that the planet is screwed in the (not so) distant future.
I think you could play this as a second attempt of sorts, you knowa reboot, heh.

Maybe bring back Conchita Campbell as Maia to be the guide or whatever. Not going to happen of course and apparently no one involved with the original is working on this now, not that it would if there still was.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

2021-Feb-09-TUE-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-network-scorecard-2-9-2021.html

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
As part of HBO Max's adult animation slate, the streamer has also put the following four shows in development: Hello Paul, Obi, Uncanny Valley and Cover.

I lost track how many animated adaptations Netflix announced. Now HBO Max joins the fun.
I guess since tv productions keep delaying because covid, animations are easier and faster to make.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bad day for Mike Judge:
deadline.com

‘Qualityland’ & ‘A5’ Mike Judge Comedy Series Not Going Forward At HBO

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has opted not to proceed with comedy series Qualityland and limited comedy series A5, both from Mike Judge. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All The premium cable network ordered the two shows as part of a new two-year overall deal...