• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Isn't it wildly inappropriate for that age group?

The cartoon is really popular, not sure about the show tough but i understand why they kind went more mature since winx is very old cartoon.

I'm absolutely not an expert on the Winx market or anything but this makes sense to me. There are a bunch of kids who saw the cartoon when they were 10 or so and are now 16/17 and are the perfect demo for a sexy drama without any actual sex.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
My kids are begging to watch the new Winx show but at 15 and 12 the TV-MA tag has me nervous. And I have zero desire to screen it myself to see if it's in the realm of other shows they have watched.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
My kids are begging to watch the new Winx show but at 15 and 12 the TV-MA tag has me nervous. And I have zero desire to screen it myself to see if it's in the realm of other shows they have watched.
Ive actually watched the show today hahaha there's no gore, sex scene or anything of the sort. It's MA because there's an episode where they are smoking some herbs and a penis reference.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of MA television, how gory is Alice in Borderland? I don't like horror, but I do like thrillers and mysteries. Where would this show fall?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ive actually watched the show today hahaha there's no gore, sex scene or anything of the sort. It's MA because there's an episode where they are smoking some herbs and a penis reference.
Netflix really needs to get a hold of their ratings shenanegians. Shows that they stream that are TV-MA (like Schitt's Creek and Kim's Conveinece) are only rated as such due to them saying the word "fuck" in a few episodes. That's it. Those ratings will scare some viewers away if they don't know any better.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Netflix really needs to get a hold of their ratings shenanegians. Shows that they stream that are TV-MA (like Schitt's Creek and Kim's Conveinece) are only rated as such due to them saying the word "fuck" in a few episodes. That's it. Those ratings will scare some viewers away if they don't know any better.
Kim's Convenience and Schitt's Creek are such wholesome shows as well. It doesn't make any sense to have the TV-MA rating applied. I mean the new Winx show is like a toned down version of Riverdale and yet Riverdale is TV-14 and Winx is TV-MA 😂

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Kim's Convenience and Schitt's Creek are such wholesome shows as well. It doesn't make any sense to have the TV-MA rating applied. I mean the new Winx show is like a toned down version of Riverdale and yet Riverdale is TV-14 and Winx is TV-MA 😂

Seriously- Schitt's creek has "Fuck" smattered about a couple times per season shich is enough for TV-MA, I know, but really isn't indicative of the material in the slightest.

I've got zero problems with my daughter watching Schitt's Creek but I told her no last week on watching Criminal Minds, a network procedural, because she doesn't need to see 15 seasons of that kind of depravity and hate.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Fucking Canadian shows swearing all the fucking time.

Maybe it's because my parents didn't care and I had older brothers that had me watching inappropriate media as a pre-teen that I don't see the problem with kids watching MA-TV shows even when those ratings are warranted. lol

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2021-Jan-25-MON.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-network-scorecard-1-25-2021.html

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I fell off the show the last few seasons, but at its peak it was a great sitcom and one of my favorite shows to watch each week. Good to see this deal for it.

deadline.com

‘Modern Family’ Begins Full-Series Streaming Run On Both Peacock And Hulu – Update

"Modern Family," whose TV run ended last year, is embarking on a significant new streaming chapter via a shared deal with Peacock and Hulu.

huh they decided to put it on Hulu rather than Dinsye+

Senteevs

Oct 28, 2017
Latvia
Quick question about Lucifer.
I've watched almost all of season 1. Does it get better, stay the same or get worse?
I'm quite bored with it already so, if it does not significantly improve I'll most likely drop it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question about Lucifer.
I've watched almost all of season 1. Does it get better, stay the same or get worse?
I'm quite bored with it already so, if it does not significantly improve I'll most likely drop it.

it significally gets worse (season 3 is awful), and then gets better on Netflix. But if you don't like it now you won't like it ever.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I fell off the show the last few seasons, but at its peak it was a great sitcom and one of my favorite shows to watch each week. Good to see this deal for it.

deadline.com

‘Modern Family’ Begins Full-Series Streaming Run On Both Peacock And Hulu – Update

"Modern Family," whose TV run ended last year, is embarking on a significant new streaming chapter via a shared deal with Peacock and Hulu.
Fucking finally! It took way, way too long for this show to get on streaming.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
it significally gets worse (season 3 is awful), and then gets better on Netflix. But if you don't like it now you won't like it ever.

Yup. It's a shame, because it had so much potential, but, urgh... Lucifer as a character in S4 is not particularly different to the character in S1, which is so frustrating.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Blacklist’ Gets Early Season 9 Renewal By NBC

Just three episodes into The Blacklist‘s eighth season, NBC‘s long-running drama has been picked up for a ninth season. After a meteoric early ratings run, The Blacklist has become a reliable utility player and ratings performer for NBC. Through its first two episodes this season, The Blacklist...
I have just been waiting for this show to end. Spader really just carries this whole thing.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it ain't the muppets but..

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘The Great Gatsby’ TV Series in the Works (Exclusive)

<em>The Great Gatsby </em>is coming to television. A+E Studios and ITV Studios America are teaming with writer Michael Hirst for a big-budget TV series based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's iconic novel.
Hey, I've got an idea. Maybe don't put an old white Englishman in charge of a reimagined version of The Great Gatsby about 1920s Black society?

Fucking hell.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So many "video unavailable's" in here, cause they're US-only.

deadline.com

This show's on Netflix here. I wonder if it'll move to Disney+ eventually. I just don't wanna lose access to it cause I'm still on Season 1.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
That Rock show reminds me of Jack & Bobby. Except in that one, one of the kids was already President in the part of the story they were switching back and forth with.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I have just been waiting for this show to end. Spader really just carries this whole thing.
The last season was really scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of the "Blacklisters".

Like the dude who essentially had tinnitus from living close to server farms, so he decided to kill the people running them with deadly sound.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Big Sky is doing much better than I thought it would. Which I am glad, as I have really enjoyed what I've watched so far. It's just been my luck is a lot of those new shows I've liked usually the ratings have tanked.