• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Seeing as it was from Universal TV, and Disney don't want to spend big money on projects from outside studios anymore, I'm assuming that it's dead.

Perhaps Peacock could pick it up if it isn't too pricey?

I heard aaages ago that GRRM's sci-fi books (are they known as 1000 Worlds? Those.) had some movement as a TV project. I wonder whatever happened to that?

Ah okay

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2021-Jan-21-THU.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-thursday-network-scorecard-1-21-2021.html

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Those numbers for Hell's Kitchen are better than I was expecting.
Yeah, those are good numbers for Walker and The CW.
Didn't pay attention to them until I saw your post. Those are the best numbers I remember seeing for CW in a long time. So used to things often being much lower for them. I'm curious if it keeps going next week.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I do wonder if HBO Max will ever get incorporated into the Nielsen charts. Disney+ with another good week with Soul coming out on top.

deadline.com

Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Records Historic Nielsen Streaming Win In Christmas Bow On Disney+

"Soul," the Pixar animated feature released on Disney+ on Christmas Day, topped Nielsen's weekly U.S. streaming chart for December 21 to 27.

Soul (Disney+, film, 1.7 billion minutes)

The Office (Netflix, 192 episodes, 1.4B min.)

Bridgerton (Netflix, 8 eps., 1.2B min.)

The Midnight Sky (Netflix, film, 1.1B min.)

The Mandalorian (Disney+, 16 eps., 1B min.)

How the Grinch Stole Xmas (Netflix, film, 705M min.)

The Crown (40 eps., 700M min.)

Grey's Anatomy (Netflix, 366 eps., 691M min.)

Christmas Chronicles 2 (Netflix, film, 660M min.)

Criminal Minds (Netflix, 277 eps., 648M min.)

KingFox

May 17, 2018
I do wonder if HBO Max will ever get incorporated into the Nielsen charts. Disney+ with another good week with Soul coming out on top.

It's mentioned in the article:
Nielsen thus far has been measuring only Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and Disney+ but the measurement firm is expected to add Peacock and HBO Max in the coming months.

Hulu and Amazon Prime Video are also players in the feature game, but neither has had a high-ranking movie title as of yet, according to Nielsen.

Guess they forgot Borat 2 charted. Sloppy.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

deadline.com

Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Records Historic Nielsen Streaming Win In Christmas Bow On Disney+

"Soul," the Pixar animated feature released on Disney+ on Christmas Day, topped Nielsen's weekly U.S. streaming chart for December 21 to 27.
Nice to see the comparison with the legacy shows on it. Really demonstrates how much shows like Grey's Anatomy and Criminal Minds mean to Netflix. I wonder if Disney Plus is getting the latter or not.

Jan 20, 2019

deadline.com

Bridgerton (Netflix, 8 eps., 1.2B min.)

No wonder they renew the second season so fast

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Seeing a tweet today from Michael Ausiello that he's a fan of General Hospital was everything to me!

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a tweet today from Michael Ausiello that he's a fan of General Hospital was everything to me!
There must be a buzz around General Hospital right now cause a few articles have popped up on my Facebook feed. Guess it's Sonny related? But I clicked on the comments and didn't recognize any of the other character names, so now I just feel old lol

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
On the latest Team Deakins Podcast, Jeff Nichols revealed that the Alien Nation movie he developed for 3 years that was killed by the Fox buyout is being reworked as a miniseries. He said he's put a bunch of time into building that out, but of course it remains to be seen if the trigger gets pulled. I'd assume that'd be for Hulu and/or FX if it gets an order.

Fingers crossed. Jeff Nichols is so talented, and I was sad when the merger killed his latest work, and then sadder when his latest public development was signing do the next installment of A Quiet Place.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this has been out for a week already, but I didn't see it posted. This has been my most anticipated network show since it was announced around a year ago:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand. Who is the audience for these miniseries following very recent and very depressing events?

Kenneth Branagh To Play British PM Boris Johnson In Sky Drama 'This Sceptred Isle'
The five-part drama will chart the events surrounding the U.K. Prime Minister, the government, and the country in the face of the first wave of the global pandemic.

It will trace the impact on Britain from the pandemic, and the response of scientists, nurses, and doctors as they worked to contain and overcome the virus. It is based on the first-hand testimony of people including those from Number 10 Downing Street, the Department of Health, The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE), and from hospitals and care homes across the country.

Michael Winterbottom has co-written the series with Kieron Quirke, and will direct all five episodes.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, Michael Winterbottom... on the other hand why?

Unless it's a comedy or satire.
I suspect not based on this:
Winterbottom said, "The first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic will be remembered forever. A time when the country came together to battle an invisible enemy. A time when people were more aware than ever of the importance of community. Our series weaves together countless true stories – from Boris Johnson in Number 10 to front line workers around the country – chronicling the efforts of scientists, doctors, care home workers and policy makers to protect us from the virus".

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect not based on this:
Winterbottom said, "The first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic will be remembered forever. A time when the country came together to battle an invisible enemy. A time when people were more aware than ever of the importance of community. Our series weaves together countless true stories – from Boris Johnson in Number 10 to front line workers around the country – chronicling the efforts of scientists, doctors, care home workers and policy makers to protect us from the virus".
Oh yeah, that basically sounds like Contagion but with Johnson as the lead. Imagine someone trying to do that with the Trump response?

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone watched Winx? It any good?

It is crazy popular right now on Netflix.
It's bad it currently has 33% on RT with a 5/10 average score. The main character is a mary sue and It has the terrible black best friend trope. All the main characters get some sort of story arc except for the only non-white main character. The whitewashing just makes this issue even worse. Also the transformation sequence in the show was so anticlimactic.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's bad it currently has 33% on RT with a 5/10 average score. The main character is a mary sue and It has the terrible black best friend trope. All the main characters it some sort of story arc except for the only non-white main character. The whitewashing just makes this issue even worse. Also the transformation sequence in the show was so anticlimactic.

Since I'm curious, why is it rated TV-MA? So weird to go from a little girls' fairy show, into some dark YA show. Reminds me how the Kim Possible sequel got cancelled because Disney wanted to go more that route (but obviously not MA) and it got rejected.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so in for this. I got high expectations knowing nothing of the property, but just having listened to people talk about it.
Same here actually. That and the cast announcements over time that I have seen make me interested.
Holy shit:
deadline.com

Food Network Pulls ‘Worst Cooks In America’ Season 20 After Champion Charged With Child Murder

Food Network Pulls 'Worst Cooks In America' Season 20 After Champion Charged With Child Murder
What the fuck? This is crazy.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm curious, why is it rated TV-MA? So weird to go from a little girls' fairy show, into some dark YA show. Reminds me how the Kim Possible sequel got cancelled because Disney wanted to go more that route (but obviously not MA) and it got rejected.
There is blood and death. Just in first 2 minutes alone they let you know why they got that rating.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes, that looked-forward-to series of

"Video unavailable"

Can I ask what it is?
Still working for me. Outside of the US I'm guessing? It's from NBC's official channel, so maybe they are being dumb and blocking certain countries.

Here's a mirror that might work?

In case it doesn't: It's a new upcoming sci-fi show called "Debris" from the showrunner of FRINGE.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Still working for me. Outside of the US I'm guessing? It's from NBC's official channel, so maybe they are being dumb and blocking certain countries.

Here's a mirror that might work?

In case it doesn't: It's a new upcoming sci-fi show called "Debris" from the showrunner of FRINGE.

Ohhhh, cheers. Yeah, I'm outside the US and the video was blocked. The video you posted does work for me, though, and it looks like the series could be pretty awesome.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone watched Winx? It any good?

It is crazy popular right now on Netflix.

It's kind of in between the new She-Ra and The Magicians, but not nearly as good as either IMO. Some parts of it feel aimed at a very young audience, painting in the broadest strokes, a flirting scene that feels ripped from a Disney channel show, but other parts are gory and violent. The concept reminds me a lot of Motherland Fort Salem another magic-school-teaches-girls-to-fight show. But even though Motherland is made on a tiny Freeform budget compared to a Netflix show like Fatex, somehow it feels like it costs a lot more.

A personal pet peeve of mine is shows that put a lot of emphasis
on the important of finding your 'real' biological parents. This is a genre trope for magical power stories but it's still feels a little bit gross.

I think it would have been a decent show for young kids... but the violence kind of puts this into an older demographic. And that demographic would probably find a lot of cheese here.

All that said I was curious enough to leave the show on in the background for all six episodes today. There was more thought put into the worldbuilding than appeared at first glance, the world has some history and layers to it. The concept was interesting enough that I could imagine a later season doing something cool here. But it's hard to recommend as is.

Last edited: