• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Some more renew/cancelation news

tvline.com

Tyler Perry’s Sistas Renewed for Season 3 at BET

BET has renewed Tyler Perry's 'Sistas' for Season 3, ahead of its midseason premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 27.

tvline.com

At Home With Amy Sedaris Not Returning for Season 4

'At Home With Amy Sedaris' will not be returning to truTV for Season 4, TVLine has learned exclusively.

tvline.com

Snowpiercer Renewed for Season 3 at TNT, Ahead of Season 2 Premiere

Snowpiercer won’t be running out of track anytime soon, now that TNT has renewed the dystopian drama for a third season — ahead of Season 2’s Monday, Jan. 25 premiere. Starring Daveed Diggs and Jennifer Connelly, Snowpiercer debuted as the most watched new cable entertainment program of May...

Snowpiercer is just such a crazy story- after all of those delays it seemed bound for one season disaster.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
8c39b1def0951421a457e6609369ba1a.png

RatskyWatsky :3

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a sitcom in my life. I did recently watch 3 episodes of Modern Family, so might just continue on with that. My fam did watch Full House here and there back in the 90s but I was never invested in it. It bothers me I can't watch the original Full House anywhere.

Is Fuller House worth anything?
If you want to watch good sitcoms here are some recommendations.

50s
I love Lucy

60s
The Dick van Dyke Show
Bewitched
Get Smart
The Lucy Show

70s
Mary Tyler Moore
All in the Family
Taxi
MASH

80s
Cheers
The Golden Girls
Night Court
Roseanne

90s
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Frasier
The Nanny
3rd Rock from the Sun
Just Shoot Me

00s
Parks and Recreation
How I met your mother
Modern Family
Malcolm in the Middle
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

10s
Happy Endings
Schitt's Creek
The Good Place
Letterkenny
Black-ish

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Impressive earnings/stats for Netflix Q4 as they go over 200 million worldwide and continue to succeed internationally.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
84% new subs are from outside US/Canada. I guess most grow in the future will be outside US/Canada too.

Netflix is hugely popular here in SEA at least in part because they are investing in local content through the TV networks, so to give one example, there are tons of Japanese and Korean Dramas to watch, some content that isn't available in the US (ie: Star Trek Discovery, and the usual assortment of random movies) and well, the other NA services are either super late or nonexistent. (Disney+ hasn't launched yet, most of the less popular services don't support SEA, etc)

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
As competition expands overseas, Netflix will have the same curve there as they have in places where Netflix already has such competition. Since they made it to their break-even point, apparently, it won't be much of an issue, but there will be a ceiling inevitably that they're gonna hit and I assume they've calculated what that ceiling is and when they'll reach it.

This does further illustrate that looking at US viewing habits for streaming services, and Netflix in particular, is decreasing in how much use it is in so far as to see what is interesting for Netflix to carry. Of course the other markets are fragmented and still much smaller, but I would expect more and more international shows to get funded as they continue to grow.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

Paramount+ is coming March 4

Probably DOA in Latin America.

Netflix is still king, Amazon Prime is being pushed by some ISPs, and Disney just launched.

I doubt anyone would want to dish out more money for another streaming service.
Paramount currently has a premium channel on Amazon Prime here in Brazil. It's possible Paramount+ will arrive here just as an extension of that.

Not really sure what they'll be touting though. Star Trek Discovery is a Netflix-exclusive and the Stand is coming here through StarzPlay, another streaming service connected through Amazon Prime.

Oct 25, 2017

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I think The Conners was new last night. At least I think my TV schedule said it was last night

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Conners was new. good episode.

I'm glad that Master of None might be returning. I loved that show. After all the controversy with him I thought maybe it would just never come back. It's really good.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh that Bridgerton show is a Shonda Rhimes thing? she was one of the "big gets" for Netflix some years ago right?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Well at least someone is writing something in the ASOIAF universe.

Wish I still cared about it as I once did, I would've been super excited. Lets see how the Targ show comes out to see if the franchise can be salvaged.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh wait Bridgerton is from Shonda Rhimes? Oh wow now I really need to watch it ASAP, that's a bit of information I had totally missed until now!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
You should, the actors performace is really good, dont expect a masterpiece but i went in with 0 expectation and got a good surprise, spcealy because i didnt knew any of the actors.

I've heard good things about it already, but yeah I'll try to go in without much expectations! I just hope to have a good time is all :D

She's only a producer on it fyi

Oh okay ! Well, that is still something, I'm curious to discover this show. Thanks for the precision :D

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I wonder how the Wild Card adaptation is going at Hulu

Seeing as it was from Universal TV, and Disney don't want to spend big money on projects from outside studios anymore, I'm assuming that it's dead.

Perhaps Peacock could pick it up if it isn't too pricey?

I heard aaages ago that GRRM's sci-fi books (are they known as 1000 Worlds? Those.) had some movement as a TV project. I wonder whatever happened to that?

This show seems to have been on the backburner forever, but finally has a release date.

I am quietly excited to see how this turned out.