• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer for the "Silence of the Lambs" spin-off "Clarice":

Set one year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs, join Agent Clarice Starling in this new psychological thriller that takes a deep dive into her untold personal story. The series will bring you along as she returns to the field in pursuit of serial murderers and sexual predators while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C. Watch the series premiere of Clarice on Thursday, Feb. 11 at 10/9c on CBS and CBS All Access.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
There is a thread about Lupin floating around here. The consensus seemed to be along the lines of "its not good but its not bad". That isn't a good enough impression for me to make it a priority, personally. Too many well received things to check out at the moment.
Exactly the feeling I got from the trailer.

"Lupin is good at disguises" while it overlays some shots of the same guy just wearing different clothes and sometimes a cap. :doubt:

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
They premiered Mr Mayor and then ran it again the next day? lol

We watched the first two episodes. The two young mayoral aides are terrible. The writing is very Tina Fey-ish. Some clever jokes, some totally flat. I told my wife, 'You know by the time you hear the joke, it's been through like 98 people. 'That didn't work' is not something you should be saying several times an episode.'

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2021-Jan-10-SUN.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-sunday-network-scorecard-1-10-2021.html

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
We watched the first two episodes. The two young mayoral aides are terrible. The writing is very Tina Fey-ish. Some clever jokes, some totally flat. I told my wife, 'You know by the time you hear the joke, it's been through like 98 people. 'That didn't work' is not something you should be saying several times an episode.'
Oh yes, all the work tied to her always seems like it's gone through the writer's room ringer to try to be as efficient as possible to be extra heightened. lol

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I thought Giri/Haji was a real sleeper hit for Netflix so its cool to the see the creator get a big production like this.

deadline.com

‘The Batman’: Joe Barton Joins HBO Max’s TV Series As Showrunner Following Terence Winter Departure

Giri/Haji creator Joe Barton is heading to Gotham to take over showrunning duties on HBO Max’s The Batman. The British writer has joined the upcoming series as showrunner and exec producer following the departure of Terence Winter in November. It was understood that the Boardwalk Empire creator...

Oct 28, 2017

I just finished part 1. I found it to be really delightful. I would prefer it have more of a focus on theft, but what's here is a solid foundation and I'm looking forward to more. European shows are typically pretty mediocre I've found, but this one had plenty of charm and was just fun to watch. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something light and fun.

Jul 4, 2018
numbers from the article

Nielsen reported "Frozen 2" was watched for 14.9 billion minutes, dwarfing the next highest ranking movie, "Moana," with 10.5 billion minutes. Disney+ in fact had seven of the top 10 most viewed films in 2020, while Netflix had the other three.

What's more, the only new movies originally released in 2020 that were among the top 10 were the Disney/Pixar film "Onward" (8.3 billion minutes), Disney's filmed version of the Broadway hit "Hamilton" (6.1 billion minutes) and Netflix's "Spenser Confidential" starring Mark Wahlberg (5.3 billion minutes). Beyond that, it was library content that drove the most consumption this year, especially family films, with "Secret Life of Pets 2," "Dr. Seuss' The Grinch," 2019's "Aladdin," "Toy Story 4" and "Zootopia" all making the top 10 list for movies.

Among the most streamed TV shows, Netflix dominated 2020, with only "The Mandalorian" on Disney+ sneaking into the Top 10 among original series. Nielsen said "Ozark" was viewed for 30.4 billion minutes, and that includes all 30 episodes of the show's three seasons. "Lucifer," "The Crown" and the docu-series "Tiger King" all performed highly on the charts, with "Tiger King's" eight episodes generating 15.6 billion minutes of viewing.

"The Office," though, was still king in its final Netflix year on minutes, amassing a gigantic 57.1 billion viewing minutes throughout the year. According to previous Nielsen numbers, "The Office" averaged 1 billion viewing minutes per week for five weeks running — and never finished below fifth place on Nielsen's weekly chart. And Netflix's own internal Top 10 featured "The Office" among its curated list of most viewed shows more than any other program at 178 times.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

NBC Orders Natalie Zea Sinkhole Drama La Brea, Two Comedies to Series

NBC has handed series orders to drama 'La Brea' and comedies 'American Auto' and 'Grand Crew' — see what they're about, and get a first look.

La Brea stars Natalie Zea (The Detour, Justified) as a mother whose family is ripped apart when a massive sinkhole opens in Los Angeles, separating Zea's character and her son from her husband and daughter. "When part of the family find themselves in an unexplainable primeval world, alongside a disparate group of strangers, they must work to survive and uncover the mystery of where they are and if there is a way back home," per the official description. TVLine hears that Michael Raymond-James (Once Upon a Time), who was among the originally announced cast, ran into scheduling conflicts due to the pandemic-related delays, but could rejoin the project down the road.
American Auto, hailing from Superstore EP Justin Spitzer, is a single-cam comedy set at the Detroit headquarters of a big American car company, "where a floundering group of executives try to rediscover the company identity amidst a rapidly changing industry." SNL alum Ana Gasteyer leads a cast that includes Jon Barinholtz, Harriet Dyer, Humphrey Ker, Michael B. Washington, Tye White and X Mayo.

Grand Crew stars Arrow's Echo Kellum and Nailed It!'s Nicole Byer as part of a group of Black friends who "unpack the ups and downs of life and love at a wine bar" together. The single-cam comedy's ensemble cast also includes Justin Cunningham, Carl Tart and Aaron Jennings; Brooklyn Nine-Ninewriter Phil Augusta Jackson will pen the pilot and serve as an EP.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Yeh wondering about Lupin too! Wanna potentially give it a watch
I'm really enjoying it. The first episode is worth it by itself for its heist, even if the rest of show can't totally keep up. Other episodes have some fun, smaller setpieces, but not as elaborate. I'm watching the season finale tomorrow.

Also, if you've ever seen Omar Sy in anything else before this, you know he can command a room on pure charisma. He's the best part of the show.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I might check out Lupin then I guess. Heard enough "this is fun" about it to want to give it a try. The fact that it's only 5 episodes certainly helps.