• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Pandemic fall TV has all the networks pretty close aligned, except for The CW which hasn't really launched its schedule.

deadline.com

Fox & NBC Top Fall Ratings, ABC Is Most Watched Entertainment Network For First Time In 20 Years

Fall 2020 was unlike any start of a broadcast season. With the coronavirus pandemic grounding production for months, ABC, NBC and CBS‘ first 2020-21 scripted originals started rolling out a month into the season, while Fox and the CW opted for fall lineups consisting largely of shows already in...

Total-Viewers.png

Adults-18-49.png
For a second there, I was wondering why Fox and NBC are at the top, but then I remembered that they air a lot of sports.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Move over Cobra Kai. The real star show Bonding will air new episodes next month... at least according to its Twitter page.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Bridgerton is pure pulpy trash but I couldn't stop watching it. The musical covers are terrific too

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So talks are NBCSN is basically ending next year and everything will move to USA Network, NHL games, PL to rival TNT.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh damn really? That would not be ideal...
Things are weird because the NHL and PL rights are about to go up for renewal and NBCs deal is likely to add Peacock to the mix and NBCSN doesn't have anything else to give it the push, they are already sharing NBCSN content on Peacock.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Bridgerton was great the two leads in this show had amazing chemistry. It had all the elements of a guilty pleasure but good. Also those music covers were so awesome.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Bridgerton was great the two leads in this show had amazing chemistry. It had all the elements of a guilty pleasure but good. Also those music covers were so awesome.
The musical covers pushed it over the top for me.

I shouldn't give two shits about the lifestyles of the rich and fabulous from the late 1700s but I watched it all in two sittings

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of December 27:

You're all talking about "Bridgerton" so much that it ended up debuting at number 1! (It's also the only new series on the list this week.) "Cocomelon" is coming for it though, as it even passed "The Queen's Gambit" for second place. Other than that, "The Ripper" fell from number 1 last week and is holding on to the number 10 spot, knocking out "Selena: The Series":

1.) Bridgerton (Season 1) (NEW)
2.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
3.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
4.) Tiny Pretty Things (Season 1)
5.) Virgin River (Seasons 1-2)
6.) Sweet Home (Season 1)
7.) Manhunt: Deadly Games (Season 1)
8.) The Crown (Seasons 1-4)
9.) Big Mouth (Seasons 1-4)
10.) The Ripper (Limited Series)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of December 27:

You're all talking about "Bridgerton" so much that it ended up debuting at number 1! (It's also the only new series on the list this week.) "Cocomelon" is coming for it though, as it even passed "The Queen's Gambit" for second place. Other than that, "The Ripper" fell from number 1 last week and is holding on to the number 10 spot, knocking out "Selena: The Series":

1.) Bridgerton (Season 1) (NEW)
2.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
3.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
4.) Tiny Pretty Things (Season 1)
5.) Virgin River (Seasons 1-2)
6.) Sweet Home (Season 1)
7.) Manhunt: Deadly Games (Season 1)
8.) The Crown (Seasons 1-4)
9.) Big Mouth (Seasons 1-4)
10.) The Ripper (Limited Series)

Queen just won't fucking let go of that top 10 man. Love it.

RatskyWatsky point us over to the show of the year thread please, I forgot to "watch" it and now I can't find it :(

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Queen just won't fucking let go of that top 10 man. Love it.

RatskyWatsky point us over to the show of the year thread please, I forgot to "watch" it and now I can't find it :(
www.resetera.com

2020 ERA TV Show of the Year + TV Fail of the Year Voting Thread! Cast your votes!

2020 marks the 10th year of these threads - thanks so much to everyone who has participated over the years! *Rules* - Each person makes a list of up to 10 entries. No more than 10, please. Their #1 will get 10 points, #2 will get 9 points, #3 will get 8, and so on. Unranked lists will not be...

Oct 25, 2017
So talks are NBCSN is basically ending next year and everything will move to USA Network, NHL games, PL to rival TNT.

"Late in the year — think November or December — NBC will shut down its sports channel and move NHL and EPL programming to USA Network and Peacock. The move is part of a strategy to grow NBC's streaming service, while keeping its big entertainment channel relevant in a cord-cutting world. The move creates a glut of smaller programming — like car shows and dog shows — in the media marketplace. " https://worldsoccertalk.com/2020/12...d-as-a-channel-predicts-tv-industry-reporter/

COuldn't find the TNT part, though the original article is sub locked ;/

Wonder what this means for Nascar, though, at least if its happening in Nov or Dec, the 2021 Nascar season will be concluded.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
"Late in the year — think November or December — NBC will shut down its sports channel and move NHL and EPL programming to USA Network and Peacock. The move is part of a strategy to grow NBC's streaming service, while keeping its big entertainment channel relevant in a cord-cutting world. The move creates a glut of smaller programming — like car shows and dog shows — in the media marketplace. " https://worldsoccertalk.com/2020/12...d-as-a-channel-predicts-tv-industry-reporter/

COuldn't find the TNT part, though the original article is sub locked ;/

Wonder what this means for Nascar, though, at least if its happening in Nov or Dec, the 2021 Nascar season will be concluded.
Oh right, the NASCAR stuff, might likely be as well but I could see FOX taking up the whole thing and sharing it with someone else.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
A lot of new shows to look forward to next year.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

The 21 Most Anticipated New Scripted TV Shows Coming in 2021

From reboots and sequels to Oscar, Emmy and Tony winners fronting high-profile new streaming shows, The Hollywood Reporter surveys the programming that will be the talk of the town in the year ahead.
The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers (Disney+, early 2021)
Quack! Quack! Quack! One of the greatest sports movie franchises comes to television with this half-hour comedy starring Lauren Graham as a parent who starts her own rag-tag team — and recruits the famed Gordon Bombay (Emilio Estevez) back to the ice to coach them.
yikes.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I could swear there is already a movie where Lauren Graham 'coaches' a team and gets a real coach in, and they get happily married.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
A lot of new shows to look forward to next year.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

The 21 Most Anticipated New Scripted TV Shows Coming in 2021

From reboots and sequels to Oscar, Emmy and Tony winners fronting high-profile new streaming shows, The Hollywood Reporter surveys the programming that will be the talk of the town in the year ahead.
I mean, nostalgia aside, is this honestly one of anyone's most anticipated shows next year?
Yeah, I didn't really see anything that looked good either. This 2020-21 TV season has been really dire. But who knows? Maybe something will become a good, surprise hit.

Jul 4, 2018
Pachinko, WandaVision, The Dropout, Dad Stop Embarrassing Me, Nine Perfect Strangers and Impeachment all seem like they could be good to certain degrees.

I am actually excited for The Mighty Ducks show but I'm sucker for feel good sports movies and wouldn't call it my most anticipated.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Impeachment having Monica Lewinsky as a producer has me intrigued. Might Ducks series looks fun. In Treatment just reminds me I need to watch the first 3 seasons. Bebop could be good, same with Pachinko. Plus Underground Railroad and...

Yeah, like, most of that list is stuff I'll try for an episode or two, at least.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Excuse me?

also on a unrelated note, has anyone been watching The Stand and if so thoughts?
Aside from choosing a non-linear narrative focusing on a different character rather than sticking to a linear story, so far it feels like a pretty good adaptation. I'm enjoying it.