• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings. Woo! College football coming in hot with that 0.8:

Fast-Demo-2020-Dec-18-FRI.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-friday-network-scorecard-12-18-2020.html

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of December 20:

Cocomelon's second season premiered this week and helped it move up three spots from last week (although it didn't need any help since it hasn't left the Top 10 for a while now):

1.) The Ripper (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Tiny Pretty Things (Season 1) (NEW)
3.) Manhunt: Deadly Games (Season 1)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
5.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
6.) Virgin River (Seasons 1-2)
7.) Big Mouth (Seasons 1-4)
8.) Sweet Home (Season 1) (NEW)
9.) The Crown (Seasons 1-4)
10.) Selena: The Series (Part 1)

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Is it me or Selena hasn't been generating the buzz I thought it would?

It barely made the top 10 in Canada when it was released. I wonder if it was more successful in Spanish speaking countries.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or Selena hasn't been generating the buzz I thought it would?

It barely made the top 10 in Canada when it was released. I wonder if it was more successful in Spanish speaking countries.

It's a bad show. Luckily we didn't run into a situation of elevating a bad show just because it appealed to a specific demographic. Latinos deserve better TV, like a certain show that keeps getting cancelled. :(

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
It was heavily panned and criticized by most people on twitter, think it ruined any chances of it having any word of mouth to get people to even check it out.
It's a bad show. Luckily we didn't run into a situation of elevating a bad show just because it appealed to a specific demographic. Latinos deserve better TV, like a certain show that keeps getting cancelled. :(

I tried watching the first episode but it didn't click sadly. I was quite excited about the project but couldn't bear watching the other episodes. I remember watching the J.Lo film as a child; though flawed, I really enjoyed it.

Don't think there'll be a Part 2. I know, One day at a time :(

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad. The creator was on Feinberg's show and he made it seem quite well considered, down to which language the characters would speak on the show.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
This is funny because it almost justifies every single network having their own streaming service. Including the CBC, which inexplicably launched their own paid streaming service even though they sold their inventory to Netflix.

Is it by design because Netflix original shows have absolutely no rewatch value whatsoever? Not sure what happen when all the other studio pull all their stuff upcoming years.

I remembered Netflix announced a adaptation of "One hundred years of solitude" years ago, what happen?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Is it by design because Netflix original shows have absolutely no rewatch value whatsoever? Not sure what happen when all the other studio pull all their stuff upcoming years.

I remembered Netflix announced a adaptation of "One hundred years of solitude" years ago, what happen?
It turns out people say they want prestige TV but they're more than happy to just rewatch reruns of The Office or Greys and Netflix definitely doesn't have anything like that... except maybe it's cartoon/anime division.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Meanwhile in Russia The Queen's Gambit has now been the #1 show on Netflix for 8 straight weeks. 👑

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017

Cocomelon's second season premiered this week and helped it move up three spots from last week (although it didn't need any help since it hasn't left the Top 10 for a while now):

Tiny Pretty Things was the #1 show on Netflix Us for the past few days (before December 20th) both it and The Ripper had a good week. I still need to watch The Ripper and Big Mouth.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a very positive review of Bridgerton on THR, which kinda surprised me.

usually the products of these Netflix mega-deals have been mediocre, so I'm surprised to see the praise.

Edit: B Positive gets a back order for 5 episodes:
deadline.com

‘B Positive’: CBS Hands Chuck Lorre Comedy Five-Episode Back Order

B Positive is getting a full season at CBS after the network handed the Chuck Lorre comedy a back order.

Last edited:

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Saw a very positive review of Bridgerton on THR, which kinda surprised me.

usually the products of these Netflix mega-deals have been mediocre, so I'm surprised to see the praise.

Edit: B Positive gets a back order for 5 episodes:
deadline.com

‘B Positive’: CBS Hands Chuck Lorre Comedy Five-Episode Back Order

B Positive is getting a full season at CBS after the network handed the Chuck Lorre comedy a back order.

Shonda shows are usually delightful first season and then they go off the rail. Also Bridgerton looks very high budget with period setting and costumes.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I finished watching Tiny Pretty Things on the weekend, it's not very good. I liked it at first but I thought it was stupid by the end.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I finished watching Tiny Pretty Things on the weekend, it's not very good. I liked it at first but I thought it was stupid by the end.
The acting in Tiny Pretty Things was so bad and it had so many sex scenes (The number of ass cheeks I saw was insane, I did not expect to see so many ass shots). The dancing was great since they hired professional Dancers but they need acting lessons. Somebody must be into this show since It overtook The Ripper today so it's back to being the #1 show on Netflix US. I love trainwrecks so I'm in for a season 2 I just want them to either go full insane like Riverdale or actually hire good writers.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any insight into if/when His Dark Materials will get a season 3 pickup? I assume it's a done deal in all but name considering the writers/producers are talking about scripts and pre-production malarky, but still...

Oct 25, 2017

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This is actually a bit surprising/probably a disappointment for the producers. This will, at least, allow the original trilogy to be completely adapted... but they also clearly wanted to adapt the newer sequel trilogy books for a few more seasons.

I kept thinking that there were more than just 3 books, and I guess I was right. Also didn't realize that The Golden Compass was also called The Northern Lights (ah, another Philosopher/Sorcerer Stone situation...) Well, at least this fully adapts the main trilogy. Maybe one day the others will be made, too.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kept thinking that there were more than just 3 books, and I guess I was right. Also didn't realize that The Golden Compass was also called The Northern Lights (ah, another Philosopher/Sorcerer Stone situation...) Well, at least this fully adapts the main trilogy. Maybe one day the others will be made, too.
Yeah they literally just released a novella in October that takes place after The Amber Spyglass (book 3) to better connect it with The Secret Commonwealth (Book 5 -- Book 4 is a prequel, which has already had some of its material incorporated into the show). So they clearly were gunning for at least 5 seasons with material from the new novella and Book 5 and 6.

There is, however, a time jump after Book 3 to the new books since it is very much a sequel series. So maybe that does play a role. There is nothing stopping them from doing a true sequel TV series later on either I suppose.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Networks continue to revive anything and everything to stuff their services with C O N T E N T:
tvline.com

Sex and the City: Samantha-Less Revival Eyes HBO Max Series Order

HBO Max has reportedly given the green light to a seventh season of 'Sex and the City,' albeit without Kim Cattrall's Samantha
HBO Max is reportedly near a deal to revive the iconic comedy franchise as a limited series, with leads Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon set to reprise their signature roles as Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda, respectively. Meanwhile, Kim Cattrall — who has been very public about her desire to put the franchise, her co-stars and her character of Samantha, behind her — is not expected to be involved in the quasi-seventh season.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

KingFox

May 17, 2018

Couple of real surprises there with The Christmas Chronicles 2 and critically panned Hillbilly Elegy making the top 10. Mando's numbers keep rising. It might actually still be able to become the first non-Netflix #1 in these lists. Probably not yet by next weeks update, but I could see at least the finale up there.

If not, then I expect Soul to do it. Mulan managed to chart even when people had to pay extra for it. Pixar's new movie free on Disney+ shouldn't have a problem coming in on top.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I'm dumb and thought this was the comixology thread.

Lucifer is a much better TV show than it has any right to be. Carry on.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Pandemic fall TV has all the networks pretty close aligned, except for The CW which hasn't really launched its schedule.

deadline.com

Fox & NBC Top Fall Ratings, ABC Is Most Watched Entertainment Network For First Time In 20 Years

Fall 2020 was unlike any start of a broadcast season. With the coronavirus pandemic grounding production for months, ABC, NBC and CBS‘ first 2020-21 scripted originals started rolling out a month into the season, while Fox and the CW opted for fall lineups consisting largely of shows already in...

Total-Viewers.png

Adults-18-49.png