• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't checked the TV stuff and man, I didn't mess much, The Great Light Fight is eerie to see though.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
What is this "Superstore" nonsense with a possible Cheyenne and Bo spinoff?

Bo is such an annoying recurring character on "Superstore." Why? Just why?! Just renew "Superstore" instead for a seventh season. My God.

WQBnZj.gif

Yeah, if this does go forward they would need to tone down his character some.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Some Peacock numbers
deadline.com

NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell Laments “Bad Dream” Of 2020 But Praises Peacock, Drops Streaming Stats In Holiday Staff Memo

In a holiday staff memo, NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell called 2020 a "bad dream," but he touted Peacock's launch and laid out streaming stats.

The top driver of premium subscriptions and engagement, Shell revealed, is Premier League soccer, a hallmark of the service's live sports strategy and a point of differentiation with rival streamers. (Peacock also had some exclusive hours of U.S. Open golf coverage last June and will stream an NFL playoff game in January.)

Universal Television's Saved by the Bell is the No. 1 Peacock original, with three out of 10 new users of the service making it the first thing they watch. Current NBC and NBCU cable shows routinely top the Peacock Premium charts when they are made available the day after their linear premieres, Shell noted. And viewing of key library title Parks & Recreation quadrupled after becoming exclusive to Peacock in October, a good sign for The Office.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
For my Watch listeners, always like when Sam comes through for the end of the year lists and to give Andy/Chris shit.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Some Peacock numbers
deadline.com

NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell Laments “Bad Dream” Of 2020 But Praises Peacock, Drops Streaming Stats In Holiday Staff Memo

In a holiday staff memo, NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell called 2020 a "bad dream," but he touted Peacock's launch and laid out streaming stats.

I would love for Netflix to produce some NBC style comedies right now. I believe Saved by the Bell, A.P Bio are from 30 Rock writers.
My friend do have a Peacock account, but without good VPN I cant use it.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Germany has produced some good stuff like Dark and Barbarians for Netflix that also saw international success. And The 100 is one of those licensed shows that has been doing really well for them.

So why not mix that up! Tribes of Europa comes out Feb 19.
Set in 2074, the continent has been split into several warring Tribal states, fighting for control. Three siblings, Kiano, Liv, and Elija are caught up in the conflict when they come into possession of a mysterious cube.

Last edited:

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
The Mandalorian firmly in first place of twitter trends this Friday. To me, another point in favor of traditional weekly releases instead of Netflix's all at once dump.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I still have two more episodes (will finish this weekend). I love the show but this doesn't feel like something that should run multiple seasons.

Agreed that FA season two could be a real let down if the creative team doesn't think very carefully about what they're trying to achieve. But I do think there is enough room in that world to create an interesting follow up that explores some new areas.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Flight Attendant- has there been a show that is built on a murder mystery (or very similar premise) that has successfully run for more than one season? The immediate ones that I can think of, The Killing and Twin Peaks, clearly suffered in their second seasons.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Re: Flight Attendant- has there been a show that is built on a murder mystery (or very similar premise) that has successfully run for more than one season? The immediate ones that I can think of, The Killing and Twin Peaks, clearly suffered in their second seasons.

Broadchurch season two was good. But yeah they need to do something different in season 2. Re-running the murder and flashback concept wouldn't work.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but (without really spoiling) one would think this show will simply transform to not be a murder mystery show at all, but something else. In that sense it may work.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Broadchurch season two was good. But yeah they need to do something different in season 2. Re-running the murder and flashback concept wouldn't work.

I haven't seen Broadchurch yet (criminal, I know). Was it an all new mystery or carry on from the first season? Also, I don't know if this applies to Broadchurch but I think the concept works okay if what carriers over is the procedural element (ie detectives/investigators) but the mystery and supporting cast are new.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Does HBO Max's own "Search Party" count? It's a mystery show in the first season at least.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Does HBO Max's own "Search Party" count? It's a mystery show in the first season at least.

Yeah I just found out this week that Search Party is totally not the show I thought it was. For some reason I had it in my head that it was some TBS (I think) show about people stuck on a tropical island or something? Not even sure what show that is. Watched the Season 1 trailer for Search Party a few days ago and, yeah, totally not what I was thinking. Looks intriguing though.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't seen Broadchurch yet (criminal, I know). Was it an all new mystery or carry on from the first season? Also, I don't know if this applies to Broadchurch but I think the concept works okay if what carriers over is the procedural element (ie detectives/investigators) but the mystery and supporting cast are new.

There is a new mystery but we see how the fallout from season 1 impacts the lives of the characters tied to that story. Broadchurch is much heavier than FA and thinking back to some of those episodes I don't really want to re-watch them even they they are objectively well done.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
There is a new mystery but we see how the fallout from season 1 impacts the lives of the characters tied to that story. Broadchurch is much heavier than FA and thinking back to some of those episodes I don't really want to re-watch them even they they are objectively well done.

Sounds like I really need to check out Broadchurch sooner rather than later.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just found out this week that Search Party is totally not the show I thought it was. For some reason I had it in my head that it was some TBS (I think) show about people stuck on a tropical island or something? Not even sure what show that is. Watched the Season 1 trailer for Search Party a few days ago and, yeah, totally not what I was thinking. Looks intriguing though.
That sounds like "Wrecked", which also aired on TBS in the US.

Oct 25, 2017

If we'll accept "was good but not quite as good", I'd say Veronica Mars managed alright. Season 2 was a definite step down from season 1, but it was fun in its own right and almost managed to set up the show to move beyond the whole Lily Kane angle. Then season 3's shortened mystery arcs took things down another notch, but I don't think we're talking a Twin Peaks-level or god forbid Killing-level fiasco.

Then the books, movie, and eventual season 4 I think proved out there was decent content left to tell in that world/with those characters, although the end of season 4 is them just flat out
sending Veronica off to go adventure somewhere that wouldn't involve most of the familiar characters or locales.
So maybe that was their limit.

I still have a few episodes of The Flight Attendant to watch (watching with family so slow going), but I'm not sure it's set up the overall world to give it space for future seasons--it doesn't really have a lot so far that exists outside the immediate mystery. But the show's been really solid so far so might as well see what the writers have cooked up.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
If we'll accept "was good but not quite as good", I'd say Veronica Mars managed alright. Season 2 was a definite step down from season 1, but it was fun in its own right and almost managed to set up the show to move beyond the whole Lily Kane angle. Then season 3's shortened mystery arcs took things down another notch, but I don't think we're talking a Twin Peaks-level or god forbid Killing-level fiasco.

Then the books, movie, and eventual season 4 I think proved out there was decent content left to tell in that world/with those characters, although the end of season 4 is them just flat out
sending Veronica off to go adventure somewhere that wouldn't involve most of the familiar characters or locales.
So maybe that was their limit.

I still have a few episodes of The Flight Attendant to watch (watching with family so slow going), but I'm not sure it's set up the overall world to give it space for future seasons--it doesn't really have a lot so far that exists outside the immediate mystery. But the show's been really solid so far so might as well see what the writers have cooked up.

Ooh, this is a very good example. Veronica Mars S1 may have been the best but I always found it a worthwhile show to watch.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Germany has produced some good stuff like Dark and Barbarians for Netflix that also saw international success. And The 100 is one of those licensed shows that has been doing really well for them.

So why not mix that up! Tribes of Europa comes out Feb 19.

That's a pretty good description based on the trailer. I saw Ulrich from Dark in the footage as well.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

KingFox

May 17, 2018
That's a pretty good description based on the trailer. I saw Ulrich from Dark in the footage as well.

Indeed you did. Oddly enough he's called Moses in this, just like we had an Adam and Noah in Dark.

Re: The Flight Attendant and Lock & Key renewals - happy days! Now stop messing about and seal the deal on Cursed already.

Oct 25, 2017
Some Peacock numbers
deadline.com

always was tempted to watch the saved by the bell cause of commercials

but these days I want these types of shows to have some gay character plots and I just never got around to finding any write ups that mentioned it.