• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Apple TV must be one of the best places to work on. They have infinite money and almost no pressure of being canceled by algorithms.

You can't be cancelled by the algorithm for low viewing figures if no one is watching at all.

giphy.gif

This is by far and away the most underrated series on TV. Well worth watching especially if it's all available on streaming.

Jul 4, 2018

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming you are talking about the US and the answer would be no:

"The last time Netflix raised prices in the US was at the start of 2019, when the monthly cost of both the standard and premium subscriptions rose by $2 and the basic plan went up $1."

source: https://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-raising-price-increase-2020/

I got super confused and then saw this in another article, because I KNOW I read something fairly recently.

The new prices will take effect starting immediately for new members while current members will be notified that their subscription is going up as it rolls out over the next few months.

www.cnn.com

Netflix is raising prices for its standard and premium plans

Netflix's prices are going up.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Just out of curiosity what happened to Cornballer ? Anyone know where they went?
I've been wondering about that too. He's been a part of the TV community for ages and disappearing for months is not like him. I hope he's okay :(
Going off of their Twitter profile, it looks like they're still alive since they liked some Tweets earlier this month.

https://twitter.com/cornballer?s=21

Jul 4, 2018
I got super confused and then saw this in another article, because I KNOW I read something fairly recently.

www.cnn.com

Netflix is raising prices for its standard and premium plans

Netflix's prices are going up.
Yeah, pretty standard stuff for them to roll it out slowly but I understand that it may have caused you confusion in thinking that they raised the price twice in a short timeframe, I imagine many people probably are thinking the same thing.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Matthew Rhys To Headline 'Wyrd' Drama Inspired By Comic In Works At FX From Sheldon Turner
EXCLUSIVE: Emmy-winning The Americans star Matthew Rhys is returning to FX as the lead and executive producer of Wyrd, a drama inspired by the Dark Horse comic. The project, which is in development at the Disney-owned cable network, hails from Sheldon Turner (Up In the Air), Vendetta Prods., FX Prods. and 20th Television.

Written by Turner, Wyrd is the story of the ultimate immigrant, an extraterrestrial in exile. It centers on Wyrd (Rhys) who was sent to earth in an attempt to better understand humanity. When his people don't come back for him, he's forced to assimilate – all while investigating paranormal activity and searching for a way home.
Don't know what to make of this. I've never heard of the comic, and the premise here sounds rather different from what I can find for the comic. It sounds more like a supernatural network procedural.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What the fuck who asked for this other than me and a 30 Rock writer

deadline.com

‘Night Court’ Sequel In Works At NBC With John Larroquette As Dan Fielding, Harry Stone’s Daughter As Focus & Melissa Rauch As EP

NBC is eyeing a follow-up to Night Court, with co-star John Larroquette returning to star and produce and Melissa Rauch executive producing.
I watched the original live from near the beginning and loved it so much. I was way too young to get all the jokes though. lol

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
You can't be cancelled by the algorithm for low viewing figures if no one is watching at all.

giphy.gif

This is by far and away the most underrated series on TV. Well worth watching especially if it's all available on streaming.

They not yet published any viewing numbers, I assume its pretty dire. And only 25% of giveaway accounts are active, people dont even bother check it.

Whats the most popular series on Apple Tv? I guess its Ted Lasso.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
"What did y'all watch?"

I don't know why don't you tell us what anime people watched on Netflix in 2020, Netflix?

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer in my country's Top 10 right now.
And not sure why but The Queen's Gambit apparently refuses to leave top 5.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Reminds me how Germany had some Pet Girl anime from 2012 in its top 10 last week.

Speaking of anime. Despite canceling and/or selling off most of them, YouTube Premium shows still seem to be a thing. They released the second half of Obsolete's first season this month after it originally came out a year ago. After a week one episode at a time becomes free to watch though. I can wait lol

Last edited:

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
They not yet published any viewing numbers, I assume its pretty dire. And only 25% of giveaway accounts are active, people dont even bother check it.

Whats the most popular series on Apple Tv? I guess its Ted Lasso.

I mean the rumour was that the 'viewing figures' were so low that some people at Apple were stunned by them and assumed that they were wrong somehow. I believe that the popular story/rumour going round was that the daily engagement, on a global basis, was as low as 25-50k. That's what happens when you throw a mish-mash of projects on there with sometimes weeks passing without new content.

It's no wonder they've been splashing money on big film projects as they obviously feel like they have to build up their slate.

Anecdotally their most popular show has to be Ted Lasso. I've heard some people talk about For All Mankind but that's about it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the rumour was that the 'viewing figures' were so low that some people at Apple were stunned by them and assumed that they were wrong somehow. I believe that the popular story/rumour going round was that the daily engagement, on a global basis, was as low as 25-50k. That's what happens when you throw a mish-mash of projects on there with sometimes weeks passing without new content.

It's no wonder they've been splashing money on big film projects as they obviously feel like they have to build up their slate.

Anecdotally their most popular show has to be Ted Lasso. I've heard some people talk about For All Mankind but that's about it.
There's no reason to check back once you watch you wanted to watch. I'm not sure what they expected would happen. lol

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
A strong finish for The Amazing Race despite what a lot of people are saying was a bad and boring finale.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

All My Children Primetime Sequel Series in Development at ABC, From Soap Vets Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos are raising Kane — maybe even Erica.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Samuel L. Jackson to Star in, Produce Apple Limited Series

Samuel L. Jackson will star in and executive produce a limited series for Apple based on Walter Mosley’s ‘The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey.’
Samuel L. Jackson is the latest A-lister to sign on to a series at Apple.

The tech giant has landed a six-episode limited series, The Last Days of Ptolemy Gray, that will star the Oscar nominee in his first lead TV role. The series is based on a novel by Walter Mosley, who will also write the script.

Jackson and Mosley will also serve as executive producers alongside David Levine and Eli Selden of Anonymous Content and Diane Houslin.

The Last Days of Ptolemy Gray centers on a 91-year-old man (Jackson) who is forgotten by his family, his friends and even himself as he suffers from dementia. He experiences a seismic shift, however, when he's able to briefly regain his memories and uses those fleeting moments of lucidity to find the truth behind his nephew's death and come to terms with his past.

Last edited:

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Nielsen streaming numbers for the week of November 16-22:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/the-cr...ielsen-streaming-rankings-netflix-1234658394/

The Queen is dead, long live the Queen! As The Crown takes over the #1 spot from The Queen's Gambit.

And holy crap those numbers are bonkers.

The Crown (40 episodes, 3.358 billion minutes)

The Queen's Gambit (7, 1.092 billion)

The Office (192, 1,067 billion)

The Mandalorian (12, 939 million)

Schitt's Creek (80, 733 million)

Grey's Anatomy (363, 731 million)

Great British Baking Show (64, 645 million)

Criminal Minds (277, 560 million)

The Boss Baby: Back in Business (49, 509 million)

NCIS (353, 468 million)

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Nielsen streaming numbers for the week of November 16-22:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/the-cr...ielsen-streaming-rankings-netflix-1234658394/

The Queen is dead, long live the Queen! As The Crown takes over the #1 spot from The Queen's Gambit.

And holy crap those numbers are bonkers.
Lmao! Love the pun!

It's crazy how much people enjoy watching those shows. Makes me wonder if Netflix is going to push for more limited and anthology series (if they haven't already).

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
What is this "Superstore" nonsense with a possible Cheyenne and Bo spinoff?

Bo is such an annoying recurring character on "Superstore." Why? Just why?! Just renew "Superstore" instead for a seventh season. My God.
Seriously. Just make Dina and Garrett a bigger focus and keep the show the exact same, or add a whole new character or two.

Even Cheyenne and Mateo would have worked better. Bo is funny is VERY small doses every few episodes, but making him a major character? No thank you.

This will end up being like a Gen Z Dumb and Dumber.