• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I like Ted Danson, not sure this will be for me though. I plan to check out a few episodes at least.

Though the trailer didn't exactly blow my skirt up I'm definitely interested in this seeing as it started life as a 30 Rock spin-off about Alec Baldwin's Jack Donaghy running for LA Mayor. Baldwin refused to commit and instead opted to do some production nightmare with Kelsey Grammar on ABC so they went with Danson.

I'll check out a couple episodes of this at some point.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Nov-30-MON.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-network-scorecard-11-30-2020.html

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I can finally see the images on my home PC on Firefox because I finally realized that it was an extension breaking the images lmao

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone To Star & Exec Produce Workplace Comedy ‘God’s Favorite Idiot’ At Netflix

Netflix has given a 16-episode series order to God's Favorite Idiot, a workplace comedy from Ben Falcone and Melissa McCarthy.
Created by Falcone, in God's Favorite Idiot, mid-level tech support employee Clark Thompson (Falcone) finds love with co- worker Amily Luck (McCarthy) at exactly the same time he becomes the unwitting messenger of God. Also, there's roller skating, a lake of fire and an impending apocalypse.

Netflix reverses renewal for Queen Sono.
deadline.com

Netflix Reverses Renewal Of Its First African Original Series ‘Queen Sono’; Creator Blames “Trying Times”

Creator Kagiso Lediga blames "trying times" for streamer's decision.
David Ramsey is returning to the CWDCEU in a big way:
deadline.com

David Ramsey To Direct, Return As John Diggle & Mystery Character In The CW’s Arrowverse

David Ramsey (aka John Diggle) will be busy both behind and in front of the camera for the CW.
Ramsey, who most recently starred in Arrow as John Diggle/Spartan will return to direct five episodes in the DC Universe, including the new series Superman & Lois, and Supergirl. Additionally, Ramsey will guest star in five episodes across the Arrowverse, returning as fan favorite John Diggle in Superman & Lois, Supergirl, The Flash and Batwoman, along with a mystery role in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, which is being kept under wraps.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Undoing’ Finale Draws Largest HBO Audience Since ‘Big Little Lies’ Closer, Boosts HBO Max Engagement

The Undoing has made HBO history as the network’s first original series to grow consistently every week over the course of its season. And, fitting for the series created by David E. Kelley and starring Nicole Kidman, its finale’s series high 3 million viewers across all platforms on Sunday...

On HBO Max, viewing of The Undoing Sunday night was up more than 80% week-to-week and was nearly 5 times higher than the viewership for the series debut night. The show ranked as HBO Max's most-watched series overall last week, followed by new Max original The Flight Attendant, starring Kaley Cuoco, which premiered to the largest audience of any original series on HBO Max to-date. Together, the two series helped drive record engagement on the platform, which translated into the largest number of weekly hours watched on HBO Max since launch.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Undoing’ Finale Draws Largest HBO Audience Since ‘Big Little Lies’ Closer, Boosts HBO Max Engagement

The Undoing has made HBO history as the network’s first original series to grow consistently every week over the course of its season. And, fitting for the series created by David E. Kelley and starring Nicole Kidman, its finale’s series high 3 million viewers across all platforms on Sunday...

I gotta say that David E. Kelley's ability to stay relevant as a series creator is pretty impressive at this stage in his career. Offhand I can't think an of the other big names from the '80s and '90s being in the same bracket other than maybe Dick Wolf.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
deadline.com

‘The Middle’ Heads To HBO Max In Exclusive SVOD Deal

HBO Max has nabbed U.S. SVOD streaming rights to all nine seasons of the popular family comedy The Middle for a total of 215 episodes, which are available on the WarnerMedia streamer now. This is the first time the entire library of The Middle is made available on an SVOD platform; some episodes...
Finally! This show wasn't streaming anywhere. Now we just need Modern Family on something. I think there was a rumor of it coming to Disney+ or Hulu next year?

Oct 28, 2017
I read about five of the books I think. I have managed to watch the entire first season and a couple episodes of season two and I....don't get the fuss. I'm a die hard sci-fi fan too. I'll eventually get around to finishing it but so far it's writing hasn't managed to vault it over it's low budget feel.

Someone tell me, does the writing get better or the budget expand considerably (I'll watch trash so long as it's pretty, I'll watch cardboard sets so long as they're written well) during season 2-3?

I would save yes. The writing got better. Budget gets better in season 4 too.

I watched season 1 three times before it stuck. It seemed cheap yet pretentious. Season 2 on it comes into its own and tells a great story. Apparently season 5 is adapting the best books by far so I'm excited.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I thought Ducktales was doing well for some reasons and even had a spin off coming
People in the thread are guessing it has to do with the 65-episode limit that Disney Channel still has. If so, I'm surprised that's still a thing.

Plus, yes, there are rumors of a spinoff centered on a rebooted "Darkwing Duck."

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
People in the thread are guessing it has to do with the 65-episode limit that Disney Channel still has. If so, I'm surprised that's still a thing.

Plus, yes, there are rumors of a spinoff centered on a rebooted "Darkwing Duck."
I forgot all about Disney 65 which reminds me of Nickelodeon 100. Seems like a weird thing to stick to at this point. Hopefully that cancellation isn't real because and if it is, then that isn't the reason. Seems like if that rumor is true then it might be better to have both shows running together

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Was wondering when we would get the 2nd half of the final season. Surprised to see this move, but it's another sign in streamers taking over.

tvline.com

Vikings Twist: Final 10 Episodes to Premiere on Amazon — Watch Trailer

The good news: "Vikings" has a premiere date for its final episodes. The weird news: They won't debut on History.
If there's anybody out there watching this on History for 6+ years and don't have Amazon they must be feeling pretty damn pissed off.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

We still don't quite know what's going on, but the show is already past 65 episodes so there's no hard rule about it anymore, it seems.

Add another streaming service to the mix.

deadline.com

Discovery+ Rollout Plan Revealed For January U.S. Launch; Verizon Deal In Place

Discovery will launch streaming service Discovery+, which blends offerings from Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network and others, in January.

I don't imagine this will do particularly well, especially so late in the game and with (seemingly?) all non-scripted shows. On the other hand it is targeting a very different demographic than most others are, so I can imagine it winding up as a sleeper hit.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I don't imagine this will do particularly well, especially so late in the game and with (seemingly?) all non-scripted shows. On the other hand it is targeting a very different demographic than most others are, so I can imagine it winding up as a sleeper hit.
These are the kind of shows, the Food Network and TLC stuff aside from Discovery itself especially, that outside news and sports shows consistently score high in the key demo (Female 18-49 especially) and rank top 50 cable shows every night.

So yeah, this will likely do very well, there's a rather big audience for these, so I imagine it'll do quite well tbh.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Hulu Lands Elisabeth Moss True Crime Drama Series ‘Candy’ From UCP

Elisabeth Moss is going back to Hulu for her latest drama project, Candy.
Deadline understands that the streamer has landed Candy (w/t), which comes from The Act writer and co-exec producer Robin Veith and exec produced by The Act co-creator Nick Antosca.

We're hearing that a writers' room is being set up for the project, which comes from UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, and 20th Television.

The limited event series is set in Texas in 1980 and based on the true story of killer Candy Montgomery and her victim, Betty Gore. Moss will play Montgomery, who seemingly had it all – a loving husband with a good job, a daughter and a son, a nice house in the brand new suburbs – so why did she kill her friend from church with an ax?

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Peacock will have a free viewing week for Brave New World from 12/24 to 12/30. Don't know why they're bothering after they've already cancelled it.

Oct 25, 2017
where my cable news crew at, looks like we can finally end AM Joy (dont know why they kept the name since Joy Reid is gone)

variety.com

Jonathan Capehart, Tiffany Cross Take Over ‘A.M. Joy’ Weekend Slots on MSNBC

After competing for MSNBC's coveted 'A.M. Joy' weekend slot, Jonathan Capehart and Tiffany Cross will share it. Each gets their own show

Glad for Tiffany Cross, hope she has insurance now, was surprised one time on tv she was like she had no insurance this year and i was like she was always being interviewed since spring.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Superstore is done with S6

deadline.com

‘Superstore’: NBC Comedy To End With Season 6

Cloud 9 is closing for good as NBC’s Superstore is coming to an end with its sixth season.
Um wow. Didn't really see that coming. Kinda makes America Ferrara's exit seem pointless if she's going to come back for the finale.

But besides that, I feel like this show could've gone on for at least a few more years. They seemed to get new and good storylines with working in public during a pandemic.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much was due to COVID issues. Seems like they would have kept her on if they knew it was going to end anyway.

Also Seal Team seemed to go into reboot mode. Even the dog retired. lol