• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Nov-20-FRI.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-wednesday-network-scorecard-11-20-2020.html

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of November 22:

"The Queen's Gambit" has been knocked off of the top spot after spending four weeks there, thanks to the new season of "The Crown." There's also lots of new stuff this week, including two random seasons of "Survivor" for some reason.

1.) The Crown (Seasons 1-4) (NEW)
2.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
3.) Boss Baby: Back in Business (Seasons 1-4) (NEW)
4.) The Great British Baking Show (Collections 1-8)
5.) Survivor (Seasons 20 & 28) (NEW)
6.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
7.) We are the Champions (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) The Office US (Seasons 1-9)
9.) Holiday Home Makeover with Mr. Christmas (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) American Horror Story (Seasons 1-9) (NEW)

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of November 22:

"The Queen's Gambit" has been knocked off of the top spot after spending four weeks there, thanks to the new season of "The Crown." There's also lots of new stuff this week, including two random seasons of "Survivor" for some reason.

1.) The Crown (Seasons 1-4) (NEW)
2.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
3.) Boss Baby: Back in Business (Seasons 1-4) (NEW)
4.) The Great British Baking Show (Collections 1-8)
5.) Survivor (Seasons 20 & 28) (NEW)
6.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
7.) We are the Champions (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) The Office US (Seasons 1-9)
9.) Holiday Home Makeover with Mr. Christmas (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) American Horror Story (Seasons 1-9) (NEW)

i think cbs is testing out licensing more stuff to Netflix. First they did Evil and now a couple Survivor seasons.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
David E. Kelley is almost always good for 2 seasons of quality from a new show, the dude churns out scripts like a fucking machine

It's when he has to go longer than that or gets a new project when it all falls apart

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Big Sky is almost worth a watch for the dialogue exchanges between the state trooper and the tourist stuck in the mud with his car, followed by the one with his wife talking about their lack of intimacy while he slurps away his soup. Or anything with the trucker. Pure unintended comedy gold. It makes that Quibi 'golden arm' clip that people love to post around here look like Shakespeare.

I was actually shocked that Kelley wrote this. The pilot felt like watching the first half of a straight-to-vod Joy Ride 3 movie or something. One of those low budget psycho thrillers or horror movies you often see listed as the directorial debuts from a filmschool grad. But in this case think James Cameron's Piranha 2, not Spielberg's Duel.

That said I'm probably in it for as long as Natalie Alyn Lind is. And I will no doubt end up hating myself for doing so.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
The promotion for Big Sky really made it look like cheap "Under The Dome" type trash, but that was a really fun pilot. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

And some non-binary representation to boot.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
news.avclub.com

The Queen's Gambit is Netflix's most-watched limited series

Scott Frank's acclaimed series stars Anya Taylor-Joy as an obsessive chess prodigy, and has also led to a significant increase in chess players and board sales.
On Netflix, a record-setting 62 million households chose to watch The Queen's Gambit in its first 28 days.

It's confirmed as the biggest scripted limited series on Netflix to date.

Its global reach is extraordinary - it's been in the Top 10 in 92 countries - from Russia and Hong Kong, to France, Taiwan and Australia.

I wouldn't mind more limited series on Netflix.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I question people writing translated subtitles. Changed Firefly into Fire Flight.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Big Sky is almost worth a watch for the dialogue exchanges between the state trooper and the tourist stuck in the mud with his car, followed by the one with his wife talking about their lack of intimacy while he slurps away his soup. Or anything with the trucker. Pure unintended comedy gold. It makes that Quibi 'golden arm' clip that people love to post around here look like Shakespeare.

I was actually shocked that Kelley wrote this. The pilot felt like watching the first half of a straight-to-vod Joy Ride 3 movie or something. One of those low budget psycho thrillers or horror movies you often see listed as the directorial debuts from a filmschool grad. But in this case think James Cameron's Piranha 2, not Spielberg's Duel.

That's pretty much what I thought, although some of the comedy had to be intentional.

That "You need to touch me more" line had to have the writers laughing in the room, along with the obvious mommy issues 2 characters had. I'll probably give it an episode or 2 more off the strength of Katheryn/Kylie, but don't think it's really my vibe. Cool twist in the pilot though.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, Trebek's last episode was filmed a week and a half before his death. The last one will air Christmas Day.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
That's pretty much what I thought, although some of the comedy had to be intentional.

That "You need to touch me more" line had to have the writers laughing in the room, along with the obvious mommy issues 2 characters had. I'll probably give it an episode or 2 more off the strength of Katheryn/Kylie, but don't think it's really my vibe. Cool twist in the pilot though.

The man clearly just wants to make love to that fine Montana soil instead. Also why did they even bother mentioning the pandemic when literally everything but that one closed place was going about their business as usual.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...yikes
deadline.com

‘Fire Season’ Drama From Joy Blake In Works At TNT

TNT is developing drama series Fire Season. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All Written by Joy Blake (First Kill), in Fire Season a group of strangers are forced together in a real-time escape from a deadly wildfire. Blake is executive producing...
Written by Joy Blake (First Kill), in Fire Season a group of strangers are forced together in a real-time escape from a deadly wildfire.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone see The Neighborhood to see how they handled BLM?
Yes. I didn't particularly care for it that much. I don't think its a subject matter that is really well handled in 22 minutes, especially during a comedy. I get what they were going for and they made an effort but it just felt a little too weak to me.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The Flight Attendant on HBO MAX on the other hand seems to be well liked by critics.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Supernatural had a bad ending? Damn. Was wondering if I should ever undertake that show, the ultimate WB/CW gauntlet
It wasn't bad, it was fine. Not perfect but not bad either, it's definitely not a reason not to watch the show.

Supernatural is different though. The creator, Eric Kripke, had a five season arc in mind. He told the story he wanted to tell including his desired ending and then left.
But some of the shows best seasons and episodes happened after Kripke, seasons 8 and 11 are better than most early ones for example.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017

even knowing it was filmed pre-COVID, it feels weird to have season 4 coming only ~7 months after season 3, not that i'm complaining

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Susan Sarandon... urgh. Apart from that I love the show. Never heard of it until HBO Max and it was a very good watch. I was a lil bit confused about the ending of S3 though, I thought it was like a dream or something and she was convicted.