• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Nov-15-SUN.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-sunday-network-scorecard-11-15-2020.html

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to watch a random ep of Nu Macgyver, apparently Jeri Ryans plays Mac's supervillain aunt

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Hulu + Live TV getting a price increase next month. $65 - putting it on par with YouTube TV

deadline.com

Hulu To Hike Live TV Subscription Price By 18% In December

As of December 18, Hulu's live TV package will cost $64.99 a month for new and existing subscribers, up 18% from the prior rate of $54.99.

My email from Hulu says $70 - I guess that's with no ads, though. That's like three increases in the last two years:

And the fuckers don't even have AMC.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Socially distanced Price is Right is still fun. I dont think the audience was necessarily needed.

Wish everyone didnt suddenly wanna have tons of facial hair in the off season...if Devin gets it :( :( :(

Also George Gray is looking great after that heart stuff in the fall

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Socially distanced Price is Right is still fun. I dont think the audience was necessarily needed.

Wish everyone didnt suddenly wanna have tons of facial hair in the off season...if Devin gets it :( :( :(

Also George Gray is looking great after that heart stuff in the fall
Don't the contestants need to look to their friends in the audience for advice on prices in the games? The audience screaming makes the show so fun!

Also, facial hair on the male models? Yes please!

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Disney+ just launched in Brazil. Holy crap this was a bad launch.

Simpsons only has two seasons (29 and 30), for example. Plenty of older shows are also missing later seasons.

EDIT: No Muppets Now either. :(

Last edited:

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Come on Roku for HBO Max. :(
Yeah, I want it so bad. The Samsung HBO Max app is garbage.
Not to be glib but this has literally been one of the things that's irritated me the most about 2020. I mean it's a distant third or whatever but it's still there lol. I'm stuck streaming to Chromecast through my phone (shitty interface) or using the PS4 (slow as hell) and now that I've picked up a PS5 I'll have to keep two consoles plugged in. Get HDR, 4K and an app on Roku you fucking animals

Oct 25, 2017

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who will take over the talk show spot for TBS, or will they exit, I wonder.
"Who actually still watches TBS?" might be the better question.
The Undoing is just a limited series right? No way this could be sustained for more than one season.
I mean, it is but it is not at all uncommon from "limited series" to suddenly get a second season if it's a smash success. Of course, that second season is never as good as the original in those scenarios, mostly because whatever story they wanted to tell ended and they essentially have to come up with something new but with far less development time and planning -- but it does happen.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I feel the same way about Kate Mara so I've already watched all three eps of it currently up. It's definitely entertaining.

been trying to find anyone talking about this show at all. Been kind of obsessed with it since it aired. One of my favorite shows currently. Haven't had a show in a long time where I cannot stand the wait for the next episode to see the incoming train wreck.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shift in strategy of theirs still makes no sense to me, and I don't see the receipts of it being a successful decision yet. It feels like just a few years ago when they were finally being known for more than just being "that premium cable channel that isn't HBO or Showtime". They were firing on all cylinders with stuff like Spartacus, Black Sails, Outlander, Power, Ash Vs Evil Dead, even the first season of American Gods. They like, properly carved out a pretty nice brand.

Now it's all shows people barely know exist that they cancel after one or two seasons, and apparently more Power spin-offs than anyone ever wanted or needed. Perplexing.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
NCIS lost a third of its audience and went below 1.0 for the first time I remember. Surprisingly, FBI's drops weren't as drastic.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get past the idea of canning Mindhunter for not reaching a large enough audience but then giving the green light to Mank which seems excessively niche lol

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I still can't get past the idea of canning Mindhunter for not reaching a large enough audience but then giving the green light to Mank which seems excessively niche lol

Maybe it's the extended cost of a series vs the one time cost of a movie. Plus Mank is definitely in Oscar contention, if it wins big it's probably worth it for Netflix.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
"BIG SKY at 0.6. By way of comparison, last season's canceled EMERGENCE premiered in that timeslot at 0.8 and with a lower lead-in. "

Not a good sign.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
"BIG SKY at 0.6. By way of comparison, last season's canceled EMERGENCE premiered in that timeslot at 0.8 and with a lower lead-in. "

Not a good sign.

I'm noticing ratings for shows are already lower this season in general. Hopefully the networks will adjust expectations for that, but I guess we'll see.