• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings. Oh, right, people like country music. I always forget that:

Fast-Demo-2020-Nov-11-WED.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-wednesday-network-scorecard-11-11-2020.html

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Amazon has fallen out of the streaming charts for the week of Oct 12

The Haunting of Bly Manor topped the Nielsen streaming list for the week of October 12-18, with more than 1.8 billion minutes of viewing as Netflix owned all 10 spots on the chart.

The Haunting of Bly Manor (9) 1.821 billion
Schitt's Creek (80) 1.373 billion
The 100 (100) 933 million
The Office (192) 900 million
Great British Baking Show (60) 674 million
Criminal Minds (277) 647 million
Grey's Anatomy (361) 629 million
NCIS (353) 618 million
Hubie Halloween (1) 608 million
The Blacklist (152) 591 million

deadline.com

‘The Haunting Of Bly Manor’ Tops All-Netflix Nielsen Streaming Chart

"The Haunting of Bly Manor" topped the Nielsen streaming list for October 12-18, with more than 1.8 billion minutes of viewing.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cornballer

"The Shrink Next Door" has a pretty loaded cast: Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell, Kathryn Hahn, and now Casey Wilson.
tvline.com

Casey Wilson Joins Apple’s Shrink Next Door, With Paul Rudd and Kathryn Hahn

Casey Wilson has joined the increasingly stacked cast of Apple TV+’s The Shrink Next Door, which is based on the popular podcast.
The eight-episode limited comedy series details the bizarre dynamic between psychiatrist-to-the-stars Dr. Isaac "Ike" Herschkopf (played by Parks and Rec alum Paul Rudd) and his longtime patient Martin "Marty" Markowitz (Will Ferrell). Over the course of their relationship, the all-too-charming Ike slowly inserts himself into Marty's life, even moving into Marty's Hamptons home and persuading Marty to name him president of the family business.

Wilson — whose TV credits include, of course, Happy Endings, as well as Black Monday, Marry Me and SNL — will play Bonnie, who is Dr. Herschkopf's wife.

As announced earlier this week, Kathryn Hahn (Mrs. Fletcher, Transparent) will play the sister of Ferrell's character.

The Shrink Next Door is directed by Michael Showalter (The Big Sick) and based on the script by Emmy winner Georgia Pritchett (Succession, Veep).

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was very expensive too. One of the trades mentioned $12 million an episode, before adding Covid expenses.

That sounds like horseshit. That's nearly as much as Game of Thrones toward the end of it being a global juggernaut. 12 million an episode would had made it one of the most expensive shows in history.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone heard from Cornballer? He hasn't been around in quite some time...
Whoa. They haven't posted since July! Hope everything is okay.

The TV and Movie crowd was one of the main reasons I decided to not swear off forums after Gaf. Corn will be missed if they're not coming back. Invaluable resource for media threads in general but they'd also regularly post stuff that I might have otherwise missed the news on and I greatly appreciated that.

It's been a pleasure reading the TV and Film threads here on Era and I hope Corn makes it back. Big shout out especially to all you nerds in here for your devotion and terrible/great taste! You're always a smile during a dreary day.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Amazon has fallen out of the streaming charts for the week of Oct 12

deadline.com

‘The Haunting Of Bly Manor’ Tops All-Netflix Nielsen Streaming Chart

"The Haunting of Bly Manor" topped the Nielsen streaming list for October 12-18, with more than 1.8 billion minutes of viewing.

Yeah, I expect Netflix to dominate the list until the charts get to November and Disney+ enters with Mando Season 2. Not sure when Amazon will be able to crack the list again, maybe for the Borat sequel movie.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Really impressive number, although I heard a decent percentage comes from India where Disney+ just launched and is really cheap I guess.

Hulu is at 36.6 million - not bad for just U.S.

ESPN+ at 10.3 - I'm guessing they need to thank the UFC for that.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Disney+ Tops 73 Million Subscribers

Disney+ has attracted 73.7 million subscribers in its first 11 months, far exceeding the company’s expectations.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Planning on starting Helstrom on Hulu soon (heard it's not great, so more just background noise during work). Is this supposed to be a stand-alone, 1-season series, or were more seasons planned for it?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Planning on starting Helstrom on Hulu soon (heard it's not great, so more just background noise during work). Is this supposed to be a stand-alone, 1-season series, or were more seasons planned for it?

Whatever the plan might have been originally, I'm pretty confident it will be a one season show. Not sure how it wraps up though.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever the plan might have been originally, I'm pretty confident it will be a one season show. Not sure how it wraps up though.

Only 2 eps in and have that feeling. So far it's incredibly mediocre and uninteresting, feeling like a generic CW show. Well, it's my designated background show, so not paying too close attention anyhow.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
deadline.com

‘Space Force’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix

Netflix has ordered a second season of Space Force, its workplace comedy which may have drawn inspiration from President Donald Trump’s Space Force initiative. Production is slated to begin in Vancouver in 2021. Co-created by Steve Carell and Greg Daniels and starring Carell, the series centers...

Reeaaaallllyyyy? It's unusual by netflix standards to renew so long after it aired right?

God I hope they learned what kind of tone they want and stick to it.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reeaaaallllyyyy? It's unusual by netflix standards to renew so long after it aired right?

God I hope they learned what kind of tone they want and stick to it.
Seems like this is part of a big revamp:
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Space Force’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix (Exclusive)

‘Space Force’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
Production on the pricey comedy will move from Los Angeles to Vancouver in a bid to reduce the show's budget. Filming will begin next year. A return date has not yet been determined.

As part of a larger creative revamp, Norm Hiscock has also joined the series and will serve as co-showrunner alongside Greg Daniels. Hiscock, a frequent collaborator with Daniels, counts Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Parks and Recreation, People of Earth and King of the Hill among his credits. The hope, per sources, is that a second season will allow Space Force the runway to grow creatively and better connect with viewers and critics alike much in the same way The Office broke out in its subsequent seasons. In addition to Hiscock, co-star Jimmy O. Yang has also joined the Space Force writing staff.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the SVU premiere just to see how they handled the insanity of 2020.

It's fucking surreal. They somehow connect back from the Summer of BLM, the makeshift season finale, the Eric Gardner episode and the mask wearing is all over the place, they even get DNA from a mask.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the SVU premiere just to see how they handled the insanity of 2020.

It's fucking surreal. They somehow connect back from the Summer of BLM, the makeshift season finale, the Eric Gardner episode and the mask wearing is all over the place, they even get DNA from a mask.
I won't watch it until next week, but if there's one thing to SVU's credit, it's that they move fast. I think their Kavanaugh episode had less than a month turnaround.

If only their Trump episode could make the light of day.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Netflix just going ahead and canceling nearly all scripted shows? Seems like everything or nearly everything that isn't super low budget is being canceled by them.
It might seem that way, but don't forget that they produce more scripted television per year than anyone else. They have nearly 200 scripted series, across both live action and animation, as well as international productions that they're funding, that still have upcoming seasons or have not yet been renewed/cancelled.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I was curious and watched it earlier this week.

The fact that a rapist who beat the victim into a comma got off because the grand jury didn't trust the cops because a Karen called them on a black guy in the park and then was arrested for suspicion of that beating nearby was too much fuckery all around. It felt like a "see what happens when you don't trust the cops? Bad people get off".

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
So SWAT did an LA riots episode as expected and kind of did a 'we have to keep working' type ending... and then it's like everything else is good again and SWAT is great. lol

Meanwhile, I saw a video essay on Sense8 and ended up watching the finale movie again. It's still a miracle how that came together. Quite literally at the end. lol

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really interested how Blue Bloods handles things because I heard they keep doing Racial Profiling episodes but then the lesson is still copz r gud.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of November 15:

"The Queen's Gambit" remains at the top spot for a fourth week in a row! "Trial 4" and "Dash and Lilly" debuted very well too:

1.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
2.) Trial 4 (Limited Series) (NEW)
3.) American Horror Story (Seasons 1-9) (NEW)
4.) Dash and Lilly (Season 1) (NEW)
5.) The Great British Baking Show (Collections 1-8)
6.) Chappelle's Show (Seasons 1-3)
7.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
8.) 60 Days In (Season 1)
9.) Trash Truck (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) The Liberator (Season 1) (NEW)

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of November 15:

"The Queen's Gambit" remains at the top spot for a fourth week in a row! "Trial 4" and "Dash and Lilly" debuted very well too:

1.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
2.) Trial 4 (Limited Series) (NEW)
3.) American Horror Story (Seasons 1-9) (NEW)
4.) Dash and Lilly (Season 1) (NEW)
5.) The Great British Baking Show (Collections 1-8)
6.) Chappelle's Show (Seasons 1-3)
7.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
8.) 60 Days In (Season 1)
9.) Trash Truck (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) The Liberator (Season 1) (NEW)

I'm glad a lot of people are watching The Queen's Gambit and that it's receiving the acclaims it deserves. It's definitely in my top 3 shows of the year.