• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
U.S. from October 5 to 11.

Schitt's Creek stays on top. I didn't love the final season of The 100, but good to see it crack the top 10.

deadline.com

‘Schitt’s Creek’ Again Tops Nielsen U.S. Streaming Rankings In Wake Of Emmy Blitz

"Schitt's Creek," which pulled off an historic Emmy sweep in September, topped Nielsen's streaming chart for the week of October 5.

Schitt's Creek (80) 1.456B

The Haunting of Bly Manor (9) 1.175B

Hubie Halloween (1) 969M

The Office (192) 862M

The Boys (Amazon, 16) 752M

Emily in Paris (10) 676M

Grey's Anatomy (361) 668M

The 100 (100) 664M

Criminal Minds (277) 656M

The Blacklist (152) 644M

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So... America Ferrera wasn't the only major sitcom character not returning in the new season:

ew.com

What to expect on 'Mom' without Anna Faris

'Mom' showrunner Gemma Baker on what to expect from season 8 of the Allison Janney sitcom now that Anna Faris' character Christy Plunkett is gone.

This is probably an even bigger hit.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
So... America Ferrera wasn't the only major sitcom character not returning in the new season:

ew.com

'Mom' showrunner Gemma Baker on what to expect from season 8 of the Allison Janney sitcom now that Anna Faris' character Christy Plunkett is gone.

Yeah, I'm refusing to watch this show now. I know Anna Faris was having less and less screen time as every new character kept getting added, making it more of an ensemble show now, but I mainly did watch this show for her.

At least America Ferrara stayed on for two more episodes to wrap her character arc up on Superstore.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm refusing to watch this show now. I know Anna Faris was having less and less screen time as every new character kept getting added, making it more of an ensemble show now, but I mainly did watch this show for her.

At least America Ferrara stayed on for two more episodes to wrap her character arc up on Superstore.

This irritates me and I don't even watch the show. It would have been one thing if she gave plenty of notice, before the prior season was finished so the writers had a way to wrap up her story. But she just dropped it on them.

To make it worse, she just decides to leave in the middle of her contract. Fine, if you want to pursue other avenues I understand. But then you shouldn't have signed for two more seasons.

She should finish her contract and then leave, it's only one more year.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The Good Doctor doing a "West Wing" style "out of continuity" episode is weird. It has Newsroom vibes because of how it presented the evolution of the disease.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
This irritates me and I don't even watch the show. It would have been one thing if she gave plenty of notice, before the prior season was finished so the writers had a way to wrap up her story. But she just dropped it on them.

To make it worse, she just decides to leave in the middle of her contract. Fine, if you want to pursue other avenues I understand. But then you shouldn't have signed for two more seasons.

She should finish her contract and then leave, it's only one more year.
It is probably Corona induced life searching. Suddenly she had all the time in the world to think about her life.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Have you ever heard Faris interviewed? She was on Maron's WTF a few years ago, and she's an utter flake.
Can you elaborate on this? I'm really curious about how she's doing, yet despite her having her own podcast, I don't think she's said anything on her departure aside from the statement she put out a couple of months ago when they announced she wasn't coming back.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Nov-05-THU.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-thursday-network-scorecard-11-5-2020.html

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Can you elaborate on this? I'm really curious about how she's doing, yet despite her having her own podcast, I don't think she's said anything on her departure aside from the statement she put out a couple of months ago when they announced she wasn't coming back.

I don't know, maybe it's because she and Maron are chummy/flirty with one another, but her thoughts weren't entire coherent, she couldn't stop giggling, and I found myself Chris Pratting, thinking, 'how the hell could you live with this?'

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

ew.com

Watched the premiere last night. It did seem a little weird. I wish she stuck around because she was a really important character to the show

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know the FireFox equivalent for that Chrome's Insecure Content setting that needs to be changed to see ShowBuzzDaily?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of November 8:

The Queen's Gambit remains at the top spot for a third week in a row! Chappelle's Show debuts on Netflix very strong. Cocomelon went up three from last week, while The Haunting of Bly Manor fell seven spots.

1.) The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)
2.) Chappelle's Show (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
3.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
4.) The Great British Baking Show (Collections 1-8)
5.) 60 Days In (Season 1) (NEW)
6.) Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath (Seasons 1-3)
7.) The Garfield Show (Seasons 1-4)
8.) The Office US (Seasons 1-9)
9.) The Haunting of Bly Manor (Season 1)
10.) Schitt's Creek (Seasons 1-6)

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I have fond memories of watching Jeopardy with my Grandma - now they're both gone ;__;

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
:(

Alex was a memorable part of my childhood. I watched Jeopardy growing up, and it was always a faint dream of mine to be on the show one day. I hope his family is alright, and I hope he's resting in peace.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still enjoy watching Jeopardy when I can, and always feel some satisfaction when I get the answer right for a question.

RIP. :(

Oct 25, 2017
darn NBC stop removing my favorite personalities, also how on air it sounds like its a nice thing, but in reality its

"This Sunday is scheduled to be my last broadcast with NBC. We are living in tough times and there are many others who received similar phone calls. I was told NBC will no longer be utilizing a host for their NASCAR programming, and unfortunately they didn't envision me fulfilling other roles with the network. "

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So when a show like The Undoing drops 3 episodes off the bat on HBO Max am I going to have to wait ~4 weeks for episode 4 while regular HBO catches up?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when a show like The Undoing drops 3 episodes off the bat on HBO Max am I going to have to wait ~4 weeks for episode 4 while regular HBO catches up?
That doesn't happen. HBO Max Originals and HBO Originals are (at least currently) classified as two completely different things and effectively come from two different development paths with their own executives. Max originals are the ones that drop 3 off the bat. HBO Originals are still just premiere one episode and continue weekly with one episode. The Undoing is a HBO original. There's never a scenario where Max is "ahead" of "normal HBO". Max originals also aren't available on "normal HBO".

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't happen. HBO Max Originals and HBO Originals are (at least currently) classified as two completely different things and effectively come from two different development paths with their own executives. Max originals are the ones that drop 3 off the bat. HBO Originals are still just premiere one episode and continue weekly with one episode. The Undoing is a HBO original. There's never a scenario where Max is "ahead" of "normal HBO". Max originals also aren't available on "normal HBO".

Ugh, somehow I thought The Undoing premiered last night. I got confused when I saw three episodes there and thought they had all dropped at once. Now I see it actually premiered a couple of weeks ago.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
ABC continues to go big on game shows

tvline.com

Celebrity Wheel of Fortune a Go at ABC

Another popular game show franchise will soon be seeing stars. ABC announced Monday that it has ordered to series a primetime, celebrity edition of Wheel of Fortune, to presumably bow in 2021. Iconic Wheel of Fortune duo Pat Sajak and Vanna White are on board to headline the spinoff, which will...