• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Man, you guys are making me want to see MasterChef AU really bad lol

I don't totally hate drama/characters in the cooking shows but it is my least favorite part. Even though All Star was the first season of Top Chef I saw, I still enjoyed it. There were a few things to catch onto about their pasts and interactions and flashbacks but I didn't really feel lost with it.
The "advantage" of Masterchef AU is that it has 4-5 hours to do what one episode of Top Chef or any American show typically does. That means they actually have time to show the cooking and the techniques.

They do amp up the sentimentality (there are a lot of Asians who talk about how they want to quit their dead end corporate jobs to fulfill their dreams of cooking lol), but they make up for it by having little drama in the editing. There isn't the annoying "WHO WILL GET SENT TO LAST CHANCE KITCHEN THIS WEEK" stuff, particularly if it's clear that someone did poorly.

The show just feels genuine. Now I'm sure there are people who probably do hate each other on the show, but if they do, we almost never see it. lol

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The Boys was #3 on the Nielsen streaming top 10 the week it premiered

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘The Boys,’ ‘Mulan’ Break Netflix Stranglehold on Streaming Top 10 (Exclusive)

For the first time, Netflix has some company in Nielsen's rankings of the top streaming programs in the United States.

Had a feeling The Boys would crack the list for Amazon. I expect Mando Season 2 will do the same. I wonder if any Hulu original would be able to make a top 10 list.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oh yes!!! You can now subscribe to AMC on Amazon and Apple channels. With this and FX on Hulu, no more need for cable!

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

I figured they were planning to do something like this since TWD finale, TWD: World Beyond, FtWD, Soulmates, Gangs of London, and The Salisbury Poisonings are all launching on the service this week. That's a big push, and it retroactively makes some of AMCs odder scheduling decisions this year make a lot more sense.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I figured they were planning to do something like this since TWD finale, TWD: World Beyond, FtWD, Soulmates, Gangs of London, and The Salisbury Poisonings are all launching on the service this week. That's a big push, and it retroactively makes some of AMCs odder scheduling decisions this year make a lot more sense.

$9 a month + 1 free week is not too bad.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
$9 a month + 1 free week is not too bad.
It's really good imo.

Also, a lot of people were freaking out about AMC censoring Gangs of London for cable and this sort of bypasses that. I'm sure the uncensored version will stream even if it ends up getting cut down a bit for the linear channel.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
vypek glad to hear we piqued your interest about MasterChef AU, I'll PM you with some tips on what/where to watch.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else looking forward to Emily in Paris? Seems like it will be a light, fun romp. 92% on RT. Drops on Netflix tomorrow.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Emily in Paris: Season 1 | Rotten Tomatoes

Chicago marketing executive Emily Cooper is hired to provide an American perspective at a marketing firm in Paris.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
The "advantage" of Masterchef AU is that it has 4-5 hours to do what one episode of Top Chef or any American show typically does. That means they actually have time to show the cooking and the techniques.

They do amp up the sentimentality (there are a lot of Asians who talk about how they want to quit their dead end corporate jobs to fulfill their dreams of cooking lol), but they make up for it by having little drama in the editing. There isn't the annoying "WHO WILL GET SENT TO LAST CHANCE KITCHEN THIS WEEK" stuff, particularly if it's clear that someone did poorly.

The show just feels genuine. Now I'm sure there are people who probably do hate each other on the show, but if they do, we almost never see it. lol
Lol this sounds really excellent. Having such a long timeframe to make the food sounds like its good, especially if it has little to no fluff. I'll definitely watch
vypek glad to hear we piqued your interest about MasterChef AU, I'll PM you with some tips on what/where to watch.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
You've caught my interest. My wife and I love masterchef. Is there an easy way to watch?
Actually the first 7 seasons are on Tubi: https://tubitv.com/series/300005712/masterchef_australia
If you can travel to Australia, you can stream the latest seasons from the official site: https://10play.com.au/masterchef

I watched so much of the show at once that I can't separate the early seasons, except that they had a much bigger budget and were able to travel much more - every year would feature an international location and the local cuisine.

They did the spinoffs that the other shows did as well - Kids and Professionals. I actually liked the one season of Professionals that they did. But eventually the franchise got bloated enough that they cut the budget and also focused on the core show.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Oct-01-THU.png

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
speaking of cooking shows, i am doing a watch of every resturant wars ep of top chef(i am weird). Season 1 Ted Allen was brutal as fuck

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I know there aren't really many hard metrics but Cobra Kai feels like it's Netflix's biggest scripted hit since Stranger Things.