• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Paramount trying to make TV movies a big thing again.

As part of the move, the network has cancelled a slew of non-scripted titles including Ink Master, Wife Swap and Battle of the Fittest Couples, while other titles including Bar Rescue and Lip Sync Battle will move to other ViacomCBS networks.

Also,

Chris McCarthy, President of Entertainment and Youth Brands at ViacomCBS, told Variety that it is planning to air 52 original movies a year on the network with one mini-series or scripted series per quarter.

1 scripted series per quarter is basically where they've been at for the past 3 years anyway (fewer than that, even).

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was about done with Supergirl last season, so I won't be sad to see it go. The Flash is heading down that path for me as well. I still enjoy Black Lighting and Legends and even though I liked Stargirl, I'm afraid of how bad it's going to look on the CW budget. Wish it had gone to HBO Max instead. I have zero interest in Clark and Lois.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
CW needs to just scrap all that tired old stuff and go all out with Stargirl and a Seven Soldiers of Victory spin-off.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on all the CW Superhero stuff like 2 years ago, the quality just kept going lower and lower and there's so much of it now it felt like a second job.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
So was this cancelled for Superman and Lois or did Melissa want to end
Considering Melissa is soon to be a mother and season six should be the last year in her contract I could 100% see her priorities shifting for a while. Even though the ratings have dropped like the rest of TV, it was still the second most popular show on the CW AFAIK.
Yeah, I was about done with Supergirl last season, so I won't be sad to see it go. The Flash is heading down that path for me as well. I still enjoy Black Lighting and Legends and even though I liked Stargirl, I'm afraid of how bad it's going to look on the CW budget. Wish it had gone to HBO Max instead. I have zero interest in Clark and Lois.
Yeah, after season four I started to have hopes that the writers and new(?) show runner finally figured it out but season five noped the shit out of that. As for Stargirl, it'll have a budget cut but it would have anyway due to the first season needing a higher budget anyway since it did the heavy lifting on the production side, covering set building and CG models and stuff they'll use. Hopefully it won't change much since it's still going to be filmed in Atlanta with the same people involved.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Sep-22-TUE.png

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The Nashville Network (1983-1998)
TNN (1998-2000)
The National Network (2000-2002)
The New TNN (2002-2003)
Spike TV (2003-2006)
Spike (2006-2018)
Paramount Network (2018-????)
Paramount Movie Network (????-????)

Wow, I've referred to TNN for quite a bit, I had no idea they actually changed over to Spike :x Or is this a regional thing? In some places, for example, I had seen Superstation, change to TBS Superstation, to TBS, to Peachtree Ave, which still having it listed as 'TBS' in other locations.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Supergirl a while ago but did they ever do anything with that Lexicorp thing or whatever? lol

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
CBS hoping for that Netflix bump

Well, that's the beginning of the end for CBS All Access. Looks like were slowly moving to the phase where all these studios will realize nobody is going to use twenty different platforms for content and stick with the bigger ones instead.

goodbye fragmentation, we hardly knew ya.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Wow, I've referred to TNN for quite a bit, I had no idea they actually changed over to Spike :x Or is this a regional thing? In some places, for example, I had seen Superstation, change to TBS Superstation, to TBS, to Peachtree Ave, which still having it listed as 'TBS' in other locations.
Peachtree isn't TBS, they're two separate channels. TBS is a national channel in the US and Peachtree is just a local one in Atlanta. They used to be the same but split in 2007.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Peachtree isn't TBS, they're two separate channels. TBS is a national channel in the US and Peachtree is just a local one in Atlanta. They used to be the same but split in 2007.

I'm not sure what it's called there now, but weird that Canada got the local station instead of the national one.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
When they changed from the various TNN names to Spike TV and Spike, it was a full rebrand move.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on all the CW Superhero stuff like 2 years ago, the quality just kept going lower and lower and there's so much of it now it felt like a second job.

Similar, I was watching them all at one point but then abandoned all of them except Legends of Tomorrow. I can still tolerate its brand of self-aware stupidity.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Umbrella Academy Season 2 was rock solid, and that cliffhanger whew... don't fuck me Netflix!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Umbrella Academy Season 2 was rock solid, and that cliffhanger whew... don't fuck me Netflix!
Yes! I enjoyed season 1 but season 2 was really good and better than the first one for me. I hope it gets renewed because that cliffhanger they left on makes it seem like they can do something even better in season 3.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Sex Education’: Jason Isaacs, Jemima Kirke & Dua Saleh Join Season 3 Of Netflix Teen Comedy-Drama

Jason Isaacs, Jemima Kirke and Dua Saleh will be heading to the classroom for Season 3 of Netflix's Sex Education.
EXCLUSIVE: Jason Isaacs (the Harry Potter franchise), Jemima Kirke (Girls) and recording artist-songwriter Dua Saleh will be heading to the classroom for Season 3 of Netflix's British teen comedy-drama series Sex Education.

Isaacs will play Peter Groff, Mr. Groff's (Alistair Petrie), more successful and not very modest older brother, who Mr. Groff has been staying with in the wake of his separation from Mrs. Groff.

Kirke will play former Moordale student and new headmistress Hope, who plans to turn Moordale back into the pillar of excellence it's always been.

Saleh, in their acting debut, will portray Cal, a nonbinary student at Moordale, who instantly clashes with Hope's new vision for the school.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
According to Amazon, the second season had the most-watched global launch of an Amazon original series ever, with the episodes to date having grown the audience from Season 1 by 89%. It was renewed for a third season ahead of the Season 2 premiere while also adding an aftershow hosted by Aisha Tyler.

The spinoff is set at America's only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (or "supes") that is run by Vought International. It is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of "The Boys."

variety.com

‘The Boys’ Spinoff in Development at Amazon Following Massive Season 2 Launch

Variety has learned that Amazon is fast-tracking development on a spinoff of "The Boys"

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto