• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Urghh...Debris being cancelled is such a bummer. That finale is just wack. Guess NBC isn't Fox where they always give 2 seasons minimum to most of their shows.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Debris was a show I meant to watch then missed the first two weeks because of other stuff and then didn't bother with because of the reaction to those episodes. I would've caught up this summer if it was renewed after a bunch of y'all talked about it so much.

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed but not surprised at all about the Debris news. I knew it would end up this years annual cancelled Sci-Fi show.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, NBC's Law & Order: SVU this week copped 4.2 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating, outdrawing time slot rival Grey's Anatomy and landing in a four-way tie for the nightly demo win.

Bookending SVU, a Red Nose Day edition of The Wall (2.8 mil/0.4) matched Manifest's latest tallies, and Law & Order: Organized Crime (3.9 mil/0.6) joined SVU in that demo tie.

Elsewhere:

ABC | Station 19 (4.4 mil/0.6) and Grey's (4.1 mil/0.6) both slipped to what I must assume are series lows, while Rebel (2.8 mil/0.4) was steady-ish.

CBS | United States of Al (3.9 mil/0.4) dipped.

FOX | iHeartRadio Music Awards coverage averaged 1.7 mil and a 0.4.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/28/tv-ratings-law-and-order-svu-season-22-episode-15/

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
That's not true at all
The big line was "There is more to the debris than you know." That was the "draw" for next year. There were unexplained appearances by some random man-shaped creature and the ending showing a hologram of the female lead standing in a cave. All of it nonsensical.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I was only 3 episodes into Debris, and now it's cancelled. I'm not sure it's even worth bothering about anymore. The show had a nice premise and it felt like a budget X files, but I liked it.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
The big line was "There is more to the debris than you know." That was the "draw" for next year. There were unexplained appearances by some random man-shaped creature and the ending showing a hologram of the female lead standing in a cave. All of it nonsensical.

We learned Influx's goal (sounded like Instrumentality to me), that Brill is part of a separate faction, that the parallel dimensions probably wasn't a one-off, and some of what's up with Brian.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Goldbergs recap:

Hello Kim. I honestly think he works better as the Straight Man.

I didn't know Mason Cook was everywhere as a kid not just starring in Speechless. Just say him in The Goldbergs. He was even in Brick's social group in The Middle.

Aaaaand there's Bryan Callen. Ugh.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
So is Debris worth binge-watching as a miniseries sort of thing now that it's cancelled?

i'm 10 episodes in (out of 13) and i'd honestly say probably not unless you absolutely LOVED X-Files, Fringe, Control (the video game), Salvation, and Warehouse 13. If you've watched all of them then its another one to add to the pile, but all of them are better than this show.

The world building is interesting enough, but the writing, the acting, the leads, the random "1 long speech by an actor every episode bizarrely inserted in", etc are mediocre at best. imo (obviously subjective) the two main leads have zero chemistry with each other. Its a show you will entirely forget in six months.

The biggest flaw in the show is that it keeps the tension at a low level pretty much the entire time. This kinda show really needs to be relentless in its pacing and mystery and constantly raising the stakes, but they are weirdly afraid to make you fear for the main characters lives.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i'm 10 episodes in (out of 13) and i'd honestly say probably not unless you absolutely LOVED X-Files, Fringe, Control (the video game), Salvation, and Warehouse 13. If you've watched all of them then its another one to add to the pile, but all of them are better than this show.

The world building is interesting enough, but the writing, the acting, the leads, the random "1 long speech by an actor every episode bizarrely inserted in", etc are mediocre at best. imo (obviously subjective) the two main leads have zero chemistry with each other. Its a show you will entirely forget in six months.

The biggest flaw in the show is that it keeps the tension at a low level pretty much the entire time. This kinda show really needs to be relentless in its pacing and mystery and constantly raising the stakes, but they are weirdly afraid to make you fear for the main characters lives.

I do love the first three on that list, maybe I'll watch it as kind of a low stress viewing over a few weeks.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
For as forgettable as Debris' run may have ended up, I think episode 9 and 10 (Do You Know Icarus/I Am Icarus) were standout episodes and genuinely good sci-fi TV. It'll probably be the one thing I remember about it if anybody ever mentions it years down the line.

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic season of Shark Tank, actually get emotional in the montage of covid.

Lori Greiner
Mark Cuban
Robert Herjavec

probably forever my favorite of the Sharks.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
For my Zoey fans, just found out that Alice Lee aka Emily on the show is a singer in real life and just dropped her latest video, featuring some of the cast (Simon and Tobin) and some other actor friends.

On a side note, I do find it interesting just how many actors are also good to decent at singing. Especially when you don't expect it or realize they have some Broadway background you had no clue about.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
For my Zoey fans, just found out that Alice Lee aka Emily on the show is a singer in real life and just dropped her latest video, featuring some of the cast (Simon and Tobin) and some other actor friends.

On a side note, I do find it interesting just how many actors are also good to decent at singing. Especially when you don't expect it or realize they have some Broadway background you had no clue about.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of May 30, 2021.

The countries listed with the shows are where their origin of filming occurred:

1.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (United States)
2.) Ragnarok (Seasons 1-2) (Norway)
3.) Who Killed Sara? (Seasons 1-2) (Mexico)
4.) The Kominsky Method (Seasons 1-3) (United States)
5.) Friends (Seasons 1-10) (United States)
6.) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (Seasons 1-3) (United States)
7.) Vincenzo (Limited Series) (South Korea)
8.) El Inocente (Limited Series) (Spain)
9.) Sexify (Season 1) (Poland)
10.) S.W.A.T. (Seasons 1-4) (United States)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-05-30/

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of May 30, 2021. I've added arrows and placements from where each show was last week. Let me know if the arrows are legible enough, and if they're a good additional feature:

1.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (NEW)
2.) Ragnarok (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
3.) The Kominsky Method (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2) (=)
5.) Who Killed Sara? (Seasons 1-2) ( 4)
6.) The Upshaws (Season 1) (3)
7.) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (Seasons 1-3) ( 5)
8.) Startup (Seasons 1-3) ( 2)
9.) Jupiter's Legacy (Volume 1) ( 4)
10.) High on the Hog: How African American Cuisine Transformed America (Limited Series) (NEW)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-05-30/

The links provided show more detailed information of each show's rankings.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

TV in June 2021 - What are you watching?

We're at the halfway point of the year already! Any standouts thus far that you'd like to share with us? 🤔 ~ Recent Highlights ~ Couples Therapy - Showtime Girls5eva - Peacock The Nevers - HBO The Underground Railroad - Amazon ~ June Schedule Tuesday, 1 America's Got Talent - NBC...

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
So, Nielsen has been really bad and behind lately with overnight ratings. I would blame it on the holiday weekend but they were bad last week too. Showbuzzdaily is still down with no updates since last Monday. And TV Line hasn't put out any articles regarding ratings. Fortunately, thanks to Fuzzy, I do have ratings from TVSeriesFinale.com. I just needed to take a snapshot and upload the images to imgur.com.

NOTE: As of this post, Monday night's ratings are still not out (very likely due to the holiday weekend).

Here are Friday night's ratings:

xBx3E0D.png

And here are Sunday night's ratings:

5P44aLz.png

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Hello. I was just scrolling this thread because of the Debris news. I'd just started watching it.

But as a non US person one thing stuck out. Do popular shows in the US really only get ~5 million viewers? That seems insanely low.

Celebrity catchphrase. A game show in the U.K. with a pop of 70m gets 5 million viewers.

I must be reading this wrong, right?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Hello. I was just scrolling this thread because of the Debris news. I'd just started watching it.

But as a non US person one thing stuck out. Do popular shows in the US really only get ~5 million viewers? That seems insanely low.

Celebrity catchphrase. A game show in the U.K. with a pop of 70m gets 5 million viewers.

I think the number of viewers has gone down over the years with the rise of streaming. There's now a different metric that has to be used to include people that stream a particular episode within the next 7 days, I think.

So, no, you aren't reading it wrong.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Very few people watch TV "live" any more.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
UPDATE: Monday night's ratings are finally out! Here they are:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, Fox's Hell's Kitchen opened Season 20 with a 0.6 demo rating — topping Monday in that measure — and 2.2 million total viewers.

Leading out of that, Housebroken debuted to 970K/0.3, followed by Duncanville's 740K/0.2.

Over on ABC, leading out of The Princess and the Frog (1.8 mil/0.3), The Good Doctor slipped to series lows (3.5 mil/0.4) but delivered Monday's biggest audience.

Elsewhere, NBC's American Ninja Warrior returned to 3.2 mil/0.45, followed by the premiere of Small Fortune (1.5 mil/0.3)… and CBS' Tulsa race massacre centennial remembrance drew 2.4 mil and a 0.3.

https://tvline.com/2021/06/01/tv-ratings-hells-kitchen-season-20/

qmATlS0.png

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Given the reception to Mare of Eastown, HBO has gotta be begging them for a second season.

Plus they could get Winslet an Emmy that way by taking it out of competition with The Queen's Gambit.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Given the reception to Mare of Eastown, HBO has gotta be begging them for a second season.

Plus they could get Winslet an Emmy that way by taking it out of competition with The Queen's Gambit.

Impressive and completely deserved. It's an exceptional show and the best thing I've seen on HBO Max thus far.

That being said, I seriously hope they don't try to bring it back and just leave it as a limited series. There just isn't much left to explore, so they'd just be kick-starting a brand new story (without Evan Peters, no less). I wouldn't say no to more Kate Winslet but I just worry the story wouldn't be as good.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
The final episode of Mare of Easttown limited series drew four million viewers over the holiday weekend across HBO and HBO Max, with nearly three million viewers Sunday night (all platforms), marking a series high for both linear and digital, according to HBO. The finale also set the record as the most watched episode of an Original Series on HBO Max during its first 24 hours of availability, besting the finales of recent hits The Undoing and The Flight Attendant over the same period of time.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects and Mare of Easttown... Look like HBO finds a new genre: murder mystery miniseries with Oscar winning actress lol.
Who they gonna get next, Jennifer Lawrence is not doing anything these days.

Oct 25, 2017

Ratings drop a decent amount here every year, nobody watches live anymore
Look at a show that is still considered popular
Survivor
S2 finale 36 million viewers - 2001
20ish million finale viewers, 2001-2005(9 seasons)
17 million down through 10 million, 2006-2013(16 seasons)
9 million viewers, 2014-2016(6 seasons)
8 million viewers, 2017(2 seasons)
7ish million viewers, 2018-Now(5 seasons)

Even something popular with older people(less likely to abandon cable) like Hawaii 5-0 was doing well for CBS,
was down from 10-11 million in 2010-2013 to hitting 7s and even a few 6s in 2019-2020.
only ended it because the 2 leads wanted out after 10 years.

Last edited: