• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Caught up on Debris today and it definitely had an awesome finale. That guest star! So good.

Now just to hope for a miracle and it gets a second season. 🙏

Such a cool concept for a show.

Senteevs

Oct 28, 2017
Latvia
Quick question about Peaky Blinders. Watched season 1. Not really sure about continuing.
Does it get better? More interesting?

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about Peaky Blinders. Watched season 1. Not really sure about continuing.
Does it get better? More interesting?

for what its worth i didn't find season 1 particularly good either but I really grew to love the characters and show over the rest of the show. It doesn't alter that dramatically though so either you are into "that gangster shit" or not. Tonally, violence wise, characters, etc doesn't change that much and if anything it gets even more brutal.

They are currently filming season 6 of Peaky Blinders for hopefully release this year or early next year, it will be the final season of the show. Sadly one of the main characters, Helen McCrory (Polly) died in real life a few weeks ago from cancer. She was married to Damien Lewis, aka the ginger in Homeland and Billions.

I watched 3 episodes of Debris so far, love the world building and setup but pretty, pretty meh on the two main leads. Hopefully they grow on me.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
E2QKLKnVoAAQIo7
I love that the new series aren't new at all.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, The Masked Singer's Season 5 finale drew 5.1 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, ticking up week-to-week and dominating Wednesday in the demo, but down sharply from its previous finale (7.4 mil/1.8).

Continuing Fox's night, Crime Scene Kitchen's premiere cooked up 2.8 mil and a 0.7.

Over on NBC, Chicago Med (7 mil/0.8), Fire (7.03 mil/0.8), and P.D. (6.2 mil/0.8) all added a few eyeballs and were steady in the demo with their finales, with Fire juuuust barely edging out Med for the night's biggest audience.

Elsewhere:

THE CW | Kung Fu (840K/0.1) was steady, Nancy Drew (400K/0.1) ticked up in the demo.

ABC | Leading out of the returns of Press Your Luck (2.9 mil/0.4) and Pyramid (3.1 mil/0.4), A Million Little Things (2.1 mil/0.3) was steady.

CBS | Kids Say the Darndest Things (2.8 mil/0.4) ticked up, while SEAL Team (3.7 mil/0.5) and SWAT (3.1 mil/0.4) were steady with their finales.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/27/tv-ratings-masked-singer-season-5-finale/ (Content Warning: Image of Jenny McCarthy at the header of this link.)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I watched 3 episodes of Debris so far, love the world building and setup but pretty, pretty meh on the two main leads. Hopefully they grow on me.
I liked Debris, but the main character's are probably the thing I care the least about with it.

They go into Bryan's past later on, and Filona (?) gets some good stuff later on, but I still don't feel like either of them are that interesting as actual characters.

Like Fringe right from the start I really liked Olivia, Peter, and Walter, and as small of a role she had Astrid was great too.
But in Debris it took until at least half-way through before I even remembered their names.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
Nielsen Streaming top 10
deadline.com

‘Shadow And Bone’ Edges ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Atop Nielsen Weekly Streaming Chart

Netflix fantasy series "Shadow and Bone" edged Hulu's "The Handmaid's Tale" to top Nielsen's weekly U.S. streaming chart.

Below is the overall top 10. Unless otherwise noted, all titles are on Netflix.

Shadow and Bone – 8 episodes, 1.192 billion minutes of viewing

The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) – 39 eps., 1.039B min.

NCIS – 353 eps., 872M min.

Without Remorse (Amazon) – film, 760M min.

Grey's Anatomy – 370 eps., 746M min.

Criminal Minds – 310 eps., 680M min.

The Circle – 24 eps., 641M min.

Cocomelon – 9 eps., 517M min.

Mitchells vs. the Machines – film, 516M min.

Heartland – 170 eps., 481M min.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Nielsen Streaming top 10
deadline.com

‘Shadow And Bone’ Edges ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Atop Nielsen Weekly Streaming Chart

Netflix fantasy series "Shadow and Bone" edged Hulu's "The Handmaid's Tale" to top Nielsen's weekly U.S. streaming chart.

Kind of surprised Handmaid's Tale is so high up. It's one of those shows where it feels like the viewer base dropped off, but this might also be a bunch of people that's never seen it and trying to catch up to watch the new season.

Jul 4, 2018
Kind of surprised Handmaid's Tale is so high up. It's one of those shows where it feels like the viewer base dropped off, but this might also be a bunch of people that's never seen it and trying to catch up to watch the new season.
60% from the 3 new episodes, 40% from the older seasons with Season 1 Episode 1 being the 4th most popular episode.

source (if you scroll down past the charts there is a video) : https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top-ten/

The video also breaks down certain demographic stats of some (usually 2 or 3) popular shows/movies (including but not always age, race, gender) for the week.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
At least one of the Debris articles mentions hopes to continue the story in some form. I'd like to know what the heck was going on in some of the finale scenes so hopefully that happens.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Debris really did not seem like a good fit for NBC primetime these days. Felt much more like a basic cable show.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a high concept show on network TV, just assume it'll die. lol
I don't know why they try... there was only one Lost and no one else has been able to pull it off since.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Lost worked despite its many flaws because audiences were genuinely invested in the characters. Most of these high concept shows just throw mystery boxes at you and give you half-developed characters then act shocked when viewership drops off.

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely loved Fringe but bailed on Debris like 15 minutes into E1.
Just kinda eh but had a serious this is a slow burn thats gonna get cancelled on cliff-hanger vibies.

I'd absolutely love a new Lost but you just can't trust network tv anymore.
Person of Interest and Once Upon A Time were the last holdouts of shows like that where I never felt a real premature cancellation danger.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Lost worked despite its many flaws because audiences were genuinely invested in the characters. Most of these high concept shows just throw mystery boxes at you and give you half-developed characters then act shocked when viewership drops off.
Which is funny when in the end all people seemed to care about was the mystery box stuff lol

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Well Lost had the most expensive pilot at the time. And ABC president got fired after filming it behind Disney back.

I think high concept series cant not go cheap they have to start out with a bang to get attention.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Poor Debris, really should have started off with a bombastic premiere, and had some more interesting characters.

Took most of the season for Bryan and Maddox to be interesting, half the season before we got a decent third character, and took until the finale to get some real movement to the overall plot.

They really should have started the show off with the discovery of the ship and the Debris raining down, and then maybe done a time jump to set things up where it actually started.
Instead the biggest moment we got at the start of the premier was a lady falling through the floor, and maybe some dudes teleporting (I forgot already).

Individually the episodes and sci-fi concepts of the different Debris were really good. Some great almost cosmic horror concepts (mind control, body altering, etc.) except instead of horror it often frames them in some positive way, like the emotional connections usually being the solution to the "problem" of the episode.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

Mrs. Davis, From Damon Lindelof and Young Sheldon‘s Tara Hernandez, Lands Straight-to-Series Order at Peacock

Damon Lindelof and Tara Hernandez's drama 'Mrs. Davis' gets a series order at Peacock.
Mrs. Davis, from the Watchmen showrunner and Young Sheldon writer Tara Hernandez, has landed a straight-to-series order at Peacock, the streaming site announced Thursday.

Per a Peacock release, the series "is an exploration of faith versus technology — an epic battle of biblical and binary proportions."