• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That's too bad 9-1-1: Lone Star is going mid-season (or not having both 9-1-1's at same time). Going to miss watching those back-to-back recorded 9-1-1 episodes.

I thought they were supposed to do another crossover? I wonder how that's going to happen now with the shows happening at fall and mid-season.
Could just have a few characters go on vacation in LA and then later have some from LA visit family in Austin. lol

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Could just have a few characters go on vacation in LA and then later have some from LA visit family in Austin. lol

Yeah, that's true. Although the previous one wasn't actually a true crossover. True crossover in the sense of crossing over on both episodes. They only had characters crossover on Lone Star.

Although I know it can be more difficult to justify a crossover story-wise on both shows due to distance (of locations).

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Showbuzzdaily is finally back up but their Twitter account says that they're unable to add or update their website at this time.

So, we still have Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, Fox's Prodigal Son ended its two-season run with 1.7 million total viewers and a 0.3 demo rating — hitting and matching series lows.

Opening Fox's night, The Resident (2.9 mil/0.4) dipped to series lows with its season finale.

Elsewhere:

NBC | The Voice (5.3 mil/0.5) dipped week-to-week, while This Is Us (4.7 mil/0.8) and New Amsterdam (3 mil/0.4) were steady in the demo — with the former topping Tuesday in the demo.

THE CW | The Flash (691K/0.2) dipped to a new audience low. Back from an eight-week break, Superman & Lois (724K/0.1) dropped 42 and 66 percent to season lows.

CBS | Monday-bound NCIS (8.3 mil/0.7) and FBI (7.4 mil/0.7) were steady in the demo, while Most Wanted (5.4 mil/0.5) dipped.

ABC | Pooch Perfect's finale (2 mil/0.3), black-ish's penultimate season finale (1.7 mil/0.3), mixed-ish's series finale (1.6 mil/0.3) and Thursday-bound Big Sky's season finale (2.9 mil/0.4) all added eyeballs while steady in the demo.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/19/tv-ratings-prodigal-son-season-2-finale-cancelled/

Last edited:

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
My station pre-empted almost all of The Resident due to possible tornados way outside the city. Gonna have to catch it on Hulu tonight.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Updated Fall schedule. The CW will release theirs on Tuesday.

Fall-TV-Grid-2021-with-cbs-.jpg

tvline.com

Fall TV Schedule 2021: What’s on When? And Versus What?

What will the Fall 2021 TV schedule look like? View our handy grid for ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox and NBC.
So it's likely that the CW will account for half the network shows I'm watching, which is wild.

Also, NBC and Fox will have no sitcom blocks and ABC just 1.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the next season of Dynasty, feels like it's been forever.

It's actually gotten me interested in trying out the original Dynasty, haha.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Arnold Schwarzenegger Spy Adventure Series Ordered By Netflix; Skydance TV Show Also Stars Monica Barbaro

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has given an eight-episode series order to an untitled global spy adventure one-hour starring and executive produced by Arnold Schwarzenegger in his first major foray into scripted television. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All...
In the series, created by Nick Santora (Jack Reacher; The Fugitive series), when a father (Schwarzenegger) and daughter (Barbaro) learn that they've each secretly been working as CIA Operatives for years, they realize their entire relationship has been a lie and they truly don't know one another at all. Forced to team up as partners, our series tackles universal family dynamics set against a global backdrop of spies, fantastic action and humor.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
deadline.com

Arnold Schwarzenegger Spy Adventure Series Ordered By Netflix; Skydance TV Show Also Stars Monica Barbaro

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has given an eight-episode series order to an untitled global spy adventure one-hour starring and executive produced by Arnold Schwarzenegger in his first major foray into scripted television. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All...

Another win for Netflix

bPwOiwJ.gif

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New David Simon show alert:
deadline.com

Jon Bernthal, Josh Charles, Jamie Hector To Star In ‘We Own This City’ HBO Limited Series From ‘The Wire’ Team

Jon Bernthal, Josh Charles and Jamie Hector have been tapped as the leads of HBO's We Own This City limited series.

Jon Bernthal, Josh Charles and Jamie Hector have been tapped as the leads of HBO's We Own This City limited series, from The Wire's EP David Simon and producer George Pelecanos. Reinaldo Marcus Green (Monsters and Men) is set to direct and executive produce the series, based on Baltimore Sun reporter Justin Fenton's book We Own This City: A True Story of Crime, Cops and Corruption. Production is set to begin in July.

The six-hour limited series chronicles the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department's Gun Trace Task Force — and the corruption and moral collapse that befell an American city in which the policies of drug prohibition and mass arrest were championed at the expense of actual police work.
Bernthal plays Sgt. Wayne Jenkins of the Baltimore Police Department, perhaps the central figure in the sprawling federal corruption case that centered on the agency's Gun Trace Task Force, a plainclothes unit that went completely rogue and began hunting and robbing citizens and drug dealers alike as decades of a relentless drug war and mass incarceration in Baltimore spun wildly out of control.

Charles is Daniel Hersl, who was a cocky, swaggering cop known amongst Baltimore residents for his casual brutality and was the subject of multiple citizen complaints. Hersl was effectively banned from the Eastern District before his move to the GTTF.

Hector plays Sean M. Suiter, a Baltimore City Homicide detective who was caught up in the GTTF case and called to testify before a federal grand jury. Tragically, Suiter finds he can't outrun his past.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line (since Showbuzzdaily still isn't updated):

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, CBS' SEAL Team celebrated its renewal/eventual move to Paramount+ by ticking up in the demo (to a 0.5 rating) while steady in total audience (with 3.5 million viewers).

Bookending Part 1 of the military drama's intense, David Boreanaz-directed season finale, Kids Say the Darndest Things (2.7 mil/0.3) dipped and S.W.A.T. (3.1 mil/0.4) was steady.

Elsewhere….

FOX | Masked Singer (4.8 mil.1.1) was steady and dominated Wednesday in the demo, while Game of Talents (2.5 mil/0.6) ticked up.

NBC | Chicago Med (6.4 mil/0.8) and Fire (6.7 mil/0.8) dipped, though the latter drew Wednesday's biggest audience. P.D. (5.5 mil/0.8) was steady in the demo.

THE CW | Leading out of a Kung Fu rerun, Nancy Drew (410K/0.0) tied its demo low.

ABC | Of the sitcom finales, The Goldbergs (3 mil/0.5) and The Conners (3.3 mil/0.5) dipped, while Home Economics (2.2 mil/0.4) and the cancelled Call Your Mother (2 mil/0.3) were steady. Million Little Things (1.9 mil/0.3) hit and tied lows.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/20/tv-ratings-conners-goldbergs-season-finales-renewed/

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
That's a massive vote of confidence/expenditure of money.

I know they aren't spending LOTR money on WoT but it's gotta still be expensive.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I'm interested in this because of Steve Conrad (watch Patriot on Prime Video) and the choice of stop-motion animation. Still wish AMC wasn't trying to make AMC+ a thing though and everything went to the basic cable channel first.

deadline.com

‘Ultra City Smiths’: Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard, Alia Shawkat & Tim Meadows Cast In AMC+ Stop-Motion Animated Series

Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard, Alia Shawkat and Tim Meadows are join the voice cast for AMC+'s stop-motion animated series 'Ultra City Smiths.;

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Amazon has officially renewed The Wheel of Time for s2

Nice!
They can certainly afford it, lol.

Not familiar with the books, but I'm more interested in WOT than LOTR, just because it's a fantasy world I'm not familiar with.
If the show can trim some of the fat from the books, especially the middle ones, and develop character a bit better, you guys are in for ride.

(The books are still incredibly worth it despite their faults)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Final season kicks off August 12. I'm going to miss this show :( 99!

deadline.com

‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’: NBC Sets Final-Season Premiere Date For Cop Comedy

The eighth and final season of 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' will launch with back-to-back episodes starting at 8 p.m. Thursday, August 12, NBC said today.

Do they have an episode count for it? Really curious to see the new script they wrote for it, since they trashed the original one last year.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Nice!

If the show can trim some of the fat from the books, especially the middle ones, and develop character a bit better, you guys are in for ride.

(The books are still incredibly worth it despite their faults)

Trimming won't be a problem. They are going to trim and condense (adapt) quite a bit. Sounds like too much on the blurbs I read. Hope I'm wrong, as I love the book series. But definitely have my reservations.

That it got renewed for season 2 doesn't mean a whole lot for me. Let me know when we are season 8 or 9. Even with it being condensed/adapted, we are going to need at least that to tell the story accurately, especially with what I believe are shorter (8 episodes?) seasons.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final season kicks off August 12. I'm going to miss this show :( 99!

deadline.com

‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’: NBC Sets Final-Season Premiere Date For Cop Comedy

The eighth and final season of 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' will launch with back-to-back episodes starting at 8 p.m. Thursday, August 12, NBC said today.
NBC is burning this show off hard. I like the show but it seems like no one's gonna watch the final season except for certain people who will view it under a microscope considering the subject material they've decided to tackle (myself included).

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Brandon Cronenberg To Direct TV Series Based On JG Ballard Novel 'Super-Cannes'
Brandon Cronenberg (Possessor) has been set to adapt and direct a limited series based on JG Ballard's novel Super-Cannes.

Gub Neal's (The Fall) Ringside Studios, French media company and distributor Newen, and Andy Starke (Free Fire) of Anti-Worlds Film & Television have optioned the rights and will produce.

Super-Cannes, first published in 2000, is set in an ultra-modern high tech business park in the hills above Cannes, where a global elite has gathered to form a closed, uber-capitalist, and high-tech community. A place of luxury homes, private doctors, and private security, this enclave hides an underworld of crime, sexual perversion, madness and manipulation that is rapidly spiraling out of control.

Rebecca Ferguson To Star In Series Adaptation Of Hugh Howey's Dystopian Novels 'Wool' For Apple From Graham Yost & Morten Tyldum
Dune and Mission: Impossible star Rebecca Ferguson is to lead and exec produce an adaptation of Hugh Howey's dystopian novel series Wool.

AppleTV+ has ordered the series from writer Graham Yost and director Morten Tyldum and is produces by AMC Studios.

It marks a long and interesting road for the books, written and self-published by bookstore employee Howey in 2011. The film rights initially were optioned in 2012 by 20th Century Fox, with Ridley Scott and Steve Zaillian attached. It previously was in development at cable network AMC with Turn and Into The Badlands writer LaToya Morgan set to adapt.

Wool is a set in a ruined and toxic future where a community exists in a giant silo underground, hundreds of stories deep. There, men and women live in a society full of regulations they believe are meant to protect them. Ferguson will star as Juliette, an independent and hardworking engineer.

Justified creator Yost, who is a writer on Apple's Masters of the Air and exec producer on Slow Horses, will write, and Defending Jacob helmer Tyldum will direct. The pair will exec produce with Ferguson and Howey. Remi Aubuchon, Nina Jack and Ingrid Escajeda also exec produce.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
NBC is burning this show off hard. I like the show but it seems like no one's gonna watch the final season except for certain people who will view it under a microscope considering the subject material they've decided to tackle (myself included).
That's too bad. I would hope a fair amount of people would watch it especially since they are tackling that subject matter but I can see why it might be a turn-off. I know I've recommended this show to a lot of people and it's availability on Hulu has helped people catch up.

Whatever. At least there's a final season at all and 2 episodes per week sounds kind of nice.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line:

In the latest TV show ratings, NBC's on-the-bubble Manifest this week drew not quite 2.8 million total viewers — marking a new audience low — while matching last week's series-low 0.4 demo rating.

Continuing NBC's night, Law & Order: SVU (4.1 mil/0.7) dipped in the demo, while Organized Crime (4.1 mil/0.7) was steady.

ABC's Grey's Anatomy (4.4 mil/0.8) dipped in the demo but still led Thursday in the measure. Station 19 (4.7 mil/0.7) also was down but delivered the night's biggest audience. Newly cancelled Rebel (2.9 mil/0.4) added a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

Fox's Last Man Standing (2.5 mil/0.4) was flat with its hour-long series finale.

Over on The CW, Walker (1 mil/0.2) ticked up while Legacies (540K/0.1) was steady.

CBS' United States of Al (3.9 mil/0.4) slipped to series lows amid a sea of reruns.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/21/tv-ratings-last-man-standing-series-finale-fox/

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Trimming won't be a problem. They are going to trim and condense (adapt) quite a bit. Sounds like too much on the blurbs I read. Hope I'm wrong, as I love the book series. But definitely have my reservations.

That it got renewed for season 2 doesn't mean a whole lot for me. Let me know when we are season 8 or 9. Even with it being condensed/adapted, we are going to need at least that to tell the story accurately, especially with what I believe are shorter (8 episodes?) seasons.
If anything, some books can really be condensed. I don't think Dragon Reborn needs more than 4 episodes.

IIRC, Elaine isn't in this season 1, so we either won't finish Eye of the World or Rand won't meet her in Caemlyn (which screws timelines a bit to be fair).
It still has a pretty huge fanbase though, especially worldwide.