• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 4, 2018
So it literally happened in the golf tournament lol.
This article is like today, who suppose to know what they were talking behind close door lol.
I typically just follow media outlets. This merger took everyone by surprise. Last thing I heard was AT&T wanted to merge Warner with NBCUniversal. The thing with Discovery is there is no build up to it.
All these deals happen behind closed doors long before we find out (when we do find out that means the deal is about to go down.)
Apple is really just not going to do anything about their lack of back catalog?
It's crazy that Apple was circling HBO around the time AT&T got Warner but since then they hasn't been any movement on them picking anyone up.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Apple is probably counting on people forgetting to cancel their trials and then just staying on forever. lol
That or just hoping it boost sales of their combined plan thing and is seen as a bonus feature rather than the main reason you pay for it.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Wow, The Nevers pulled a twist so far up its own ass that it was actually pretty damn good and maybe redeemed the entire show and its premise.
Sweet tooth looks good!

Watched the teaser just yesterday and remembered I had Jeff Lemire's Essex County trilogy sitting on my shelf. Decided to take a shot at it and literally read all of it in one sitting. Now this new trailer dropped and I'm really excited.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I can't decide if I hate the show or love it. It's like half great and half the corniest most embarrassing shit ever filmed.
Yup. It was all pretty mediocre really, and then this season finale happened and I can't help but at least admire it? Suddenly a pretty boring show became INTERESTING, at the least.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Krista Vernoff doesn't seem to happy with Rebel's cancellation.

screen_shot_2021-05-17_at_5.28.33_pm.png

tvline.com

Grey’s/Station 19 Boss Krista Vernoff Rips ABC Over Rebel‘s Abrupt Cancellation: ‘You Give Them 3 Shows, They Give You 5 Episodes’

'Rebel' creator Krista Vernoff is taking aim at ABC for cancelling the drama after just five episodes

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
FOX dropped some trailers for their upcoming shows. If I had to guess, would say The Big Leap has the best chance of working for Fox.

The Big Leap

The Cleaning Lady

Welcome to Flatch

Pivoting

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

tvline.com

Grey’s/Station 19 Boss Krista Vernoff Rips ABC Over Rebel‘s Abrupt Cancellation: ‘You Give Them 3 Shows, They Give You 5 Episodes’

'Rebel' creator Krista Vernoff is taking aim at ABC for cancelling the drama after just five episodes
Someone's mad that they finally got something on air that they helped create and it's not a ratings hit.

I love when people act like they're entitled to have television shows get renewed or ordered just because they're associated with other successes. It's like Doug Ellin whining about HBO not picking up his post-Entourage show and claiming he was owed it regardless of what they thought about its quality and commercial prospects.

And hey, I've heard she's a bully so this response seems fitting.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

tvline.com

When your show doesn't get good rating, the only thing could save it is the relationship with higher up.
ABC just had manager changed in december 2020, Dana Walden replaced Karey Burke, who replaced Channing Dungey in 2018, who replaced Paul Lee in 2016.
As I notice the new ABC presidents always want a clean state, develop their shows than keep the of predecessor's scripts and shows.
Karey Burke took over Channing Dungey passed most of shows Channing developed include Sue-spinoff from The Middle.
Dana Walden canceled that Kelsey Grammer-Alec Baldwin that Karey ordered straight to series.
ABC management is a mess. Never a good sign when they keep replaced president every 2 years.

P/S: the best ABC president is a character from Seinfeld. He was fired after greenlited Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Boston Legal and Grey's Anatomy and the most expensive pilot ever lol.

Lloyd Braun's first major success came with producer David Chase for their idea for the show The Sopranos. He went on to serve as the Chairman of the ABC Entertainment Group from 2002 to 2004. Braun was forced out of his position at ABC shortly after greenlighting the $13 million pilot to the television show Lost, one of the most expensive in modern broadcasting. The script of Lost had been heavily criticized by Michael Eisner and Robert Iger, who were CEO and COO of ABC's parent Disney, nonetheless Braun pushed on with filming the pilot episode in Hawaii saying "If we are pregnant enough, they won't shut us down".

Oct 27, 2017
Disney didn't miss their target (they are still on track to hit the 230-260m range by end of 2024), they missed wall streets target which was ridiculously high considering the miss that Netflix had on sub numbers and Disney only new territory was Singapore.

The companies give their own estimates as well (usually called "guidance").

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Showbuzzdaily is still down, but here are Monday night's ratings from TV Line:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, NBC's on-the-bubble Debris this Monday drew 2.45 million total viewers and a 0.3 rating, adding a few eyeballs while dipping in the demo for the first time in seven weeks, ahead of next week's season (?) finale.

Opening NBC's night, The Voice (6 mil/0.6) was steady week-to-week, drawing Monday's biggest audience.

FOX | The freshly renewed 9-1-1 (5.6 mil/0.9) ticked up in the demo and led Monday in that measure; Lone Star (5 mil/0.8) was steady.

CBS | The Neighborhood's finale (5.3 mil/0.7), Bob Hearts Abishola's finale (5.1 mil/0.7) and the disappointingly cancelled All Rise (3.7 mil/0.5) all ticked up, while Bull (4.9 mil/0.4) tied its demo low with its season finale.

THE CW | All American (670K/0.2) and Black Lightning (410K/0.1) each added viewers while steady in the demo.

ABC | The Good Doctor (3.7 mil/0.6) ticked up, leading out of Monsters Inc.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/18/tv-ratings-debris-episode-12-renewed-or-cancelled/

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
The technical issues for ShowBuzzDaily must be more severe than they realized. Hope they manage to figure it out and get it resolved.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
ABC dropped their fall schedule, pretty stable lineup

tvline.com

ABC Fall Schedule: Big Sky Makes Big Move, black-ish Farewell Held for 2022

ABC is the latest broadcast network to unveil it’s 2021 Fall TV schedule (following NBC and Fox), and it’s pretty much business as usual — save for the relocation of one freshman hit and the delayed delivery of black-ish‘s farewell run. ♦ The only returning shows changing nights are Big Sky...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Teasers for ABC shows - Abbot Elementary impressed me the most from the brief clips

Queens

The Wonder Years

Abbot Elementary

Maggie

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I appreciate the ABC and Hulu trailers not being region locked so I don't need to jump through hoops or go elsewhere to watch them. Fuck you Fox.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
American Horror Stories - July
American Horror Story: Double Feature - summer after AHStories ends
American Crime Story: Impeachment - September
Reservation Dogs - September
Atlanta - 2022

deadline.com

‘AHS10’, ‘American Horror Stories,’ ‘Impeachment: ACS’ & ‘Atlanta’ Season 3: FX Chairman John Landgraf Teases Approximate Premiere Dates

FX's John Landgraf shared approximate premiere months and production updates for 'AHS10,' 'Impeachment: American Crime Story,' and 'Atlanta.'

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's official now:
deadline.com

‘SEAL Team’ & ‘Evil’ Officially Move To Paramount+; ‘Clarice’ Remains In Negotiations

Two CBS drama series, Evil and SEAL Team, are relocating to Paramount+, ViacomCBS’ streaming service, for their new seasons. Following intense talks, Paramount+ has closed deals with Evil and SEAL Team producer CBS Studios. Negotiations for the move of another CBS Studios-produced CBS drama to...

So looks like Clarice is a 50-50 scenario. It sure goes on A LOT of weekly breaks though, which I'm sure doesn't help it (and being at the bottom of those 3 as a 'high digital performer'). I can't even find out details like how many episodes it has. Originally saw 10 on some site, but FutonCritic listing more.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
So looks like Clarice is a 50-50 scenario. It sure goes on A LOT of weekly breaks though, which I'm sure doesn't help it (and being at the bottom of those 3 as a 'high digital performer'). I can't even find out details like how many episodes it has. Originally saw 10 on some site, but FutonCritic listing more.

This is what I'm wondering, as well.

I have no issues with both Seal Team and Evil going over to Paramount+ as I do have the service. But I do get concerned about the episode count.

With Evil, I don't think it had all that many episodes for the first season, I believe it was only 13. I don't expect any more than that on Paramount+, if only 10. I would be ok with that.

But with Seal Team, with the exception of this most recent season (and basically due to Covid), it has been 20+ episodes each season. I am hoping shows in general will get to more a normal (higher) episode count next season and would hate to see Seal Team drop down to 10, or even 13, because it switched to Paramount+.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow I doubt they will be able to get it. Seems like it was already a bit of a mess during the Hannibal series and CBS getting the Clarice rights (plus the amount of time it actually took to come out).
It's really fucking pointless if you can't get the other side of the coin.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's really fucking pointless if you can't get the other side of the coin.

It's what I thought when Hannibal was still airing and CBS specifically wanted that one character. Clarice doesn't hold a candle next to Hannibal, and in an ideal world, Bryan Fuller would've made it work in another season. Like, I'm watching it, but still spiteful over it :/

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Only 3 reviews for In Treatment Season 4 so far and they're kinda mixed to positive. I hope it gets great over the course of the season as some previous seasons were like. It's one of my most anticipated series. Mild spoilers in the reviews (that hint at bigger spoilers) BTW.

www.rottentomatoes.com

In Treatment: Season 4 | Rotten Tomatoes

Based on an Israeli Academy Award-winning TV drama series, "In Treatment" features a psychologist confronting some uneasy personal truths. For the first three seasons, the featured doctor is middle-aged Paul Weston, who has sessions with his own psychotherapist. After more than a decade off the...

Two on there and a third one on TV Guide that hasn't been added yet.

www.tvguide.com

In Treatment Review: HBO's Revival Is a Quiet and Critical Examination of Our Own Humanity

The timely Season 4 asks us to find out who we really are
Thanks for this! I keep forgetting a new season of IT exists.

Really looking forward to it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that Nine Perfect Strangers cast is pretty stacked

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
I watched Halstron last week. I live for that queerness.

The first 3 eps are fun. The glamour, costumes, set design, music are good. Acting are ok but honestly these shows begin to feel like Ryan Murphy and friend playing dress up famous people in the pass.

He wrote it so I expected nothing but trainwreck in the second half. They have like 20 coke snipping scenes in 10 minutes into ep4 and of course a lot of sex. The it becomes very boring to the end. Not sure if its Ryan Murphy intention or not , turn out Halstron is not that interesting.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's official now:
deadline.com

‘SEAL Team’ & ‘Evil’ Officially Move To Paramount+; ‘Clarice’ Remains In Negotiations

Two CBS drama series, Evil and SEAL Team, are relocating to Paramount+, ViacomCBS’ streaming service, for their new seasons. Following intense talks, Paramount+ has closed deals with Evil and SEAL Team producer CBS Studios. Negotiations for the move of another CBS Studios-produced CBS drama to...
So now networks are using their own digital platforms to save their shows. lol

And now there's an FBI cinematic universe to go with the CSI and NCIS ones... the franchising is next level.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Updated Fall schedule. The CW will release theirs on Tuesday.

Fall-TV-Grid-2021-with-cbs-.jpg

tvline.com

Fall TV Schedule 2021: What’s on When? And Versus What?

What will the Fall 2021 TV schedule look like? View our handy grid for ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox and NBC.

That's too bad 9-1-1: Lone Star is going mid-season (or not having both 9-1-1's at same time). Going to miss watching those back-to-back recorded 9-1-1 episodes.

I thought they were supposed to do another crossover? I wonder how that's going to happen now with the shows happening at fall and mid-season.