• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'll miss American Housewife. I really enjoyed it after it was added to Disney+Star here.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I would agree with this, although I don't think the competition has been extraordinarily high. I think Big Shot ended up just being a lot stronger than expected and is delving more into the personal struggles of all involved rather than just having them "come together as a team" and win state or something.

Probably the biggest surprise of the year, so far for me, along with Cruel Summer (not sure if anyone on here is watching it - haven't seen any discussion).
I'm enjoying Cruel Summer quite a bit!
Come join us in the sparse OT:
www.resetera.com

I still think I might know what you did last |Cruel Summer| OT - Tuesdays on Freeform (88% RT) OT

I think this show looks pretty enjoyable. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/cruel_summer/s01 So, anyone else planning to tune in? Should be on Hulu tomorrow in the US.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
ABC's "black-ish" renewed for FINAL season, ending after 8 seasons next year.

No word yet on whether or not "mixed-ish" will be renewed or cancelled.

Freeform's "grown-ish" was already renewed for season 4 and will premiere in July.
Figures. Hopefully ABC can find a worthy successor.... which apparently won't be mixed-ish. Though the show has never really clicked for me.

ABC renewed the following shows:

-"The Rookie" for season 4
-"A Million Little Things" for season 4
-"The Conners" for season 4
-"The Goldbergs" for season 9!
-"Home Economics" for season 2

https://tvline.com/2021/05/14/abc-renewed-drama-series-2021-list-the-rookie/
At least the summer watch won't be a farewell tour.

But yeah, sitcoms are looking pretty dead right now when that show is your longest running show.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
But yeah, sitcoms are looking pretty dead right now when that show is your longest running show.
I know right! I'm probably watching the least amount of shows since I can remember right now because there are so few good sitcoms today. And it feels like I'm watching less and less with each passing year.

After black-ish is done next year, I'll be out of ABC shows. NBC doesn't have any sitcoms on at all this fall. And the few CBS and Fox sitcoms suck aside from the animated ones (which I've long since abandoned).

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
The spirit of network comedies live on Peacock now.
A.P. Bio, Saved By The Bell, Girls5eva, Mr. Mayor.... are all very good. Could be better if they bother to produce more than 13 episodes each season.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I think streaming will save the laughs but broadcast tv needs a good plan because shit is gonna get dire.

May 12, 2021
Mixed-ish never really worked because the premise seemed flawed. If you had a black parent in 1980s America you were just black. Kids didnt make a distinction.

Grown-ish is a much more relatable show, and looks to be the lone survivor after next season.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
So, Showbuzzdaily is now completely down. Their Twitter page says that they've been having technical issues for the last couple of days, but they hope to have everything back up again on Monday.

In the meantime, I did get Friday night's ratings from TV Line again:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, Blue Bloods' two-hour Season 11 finale averaged 6.5 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating, ticking up from last week to easily cop Friday's biggest audience (as it does) while tying for the nightly demo win.

Opening CBS' night, Gayle King's special about the queen drew 3.5 mil and a 0.2.

Elsewhere:

ABC | Shark Tank (3.4 mil/0.5) was steady, tying Blue Bloods for the demo win.

NBC | The Blacklist (3 mil/0.3) was steady.

FOX | Friday Night SmackDown (1.8 mil/0.4) slipped to its lowest numbers in a while.

THE CW | Charmed (693K/0.1) and Dynasty (571K/0.1) both saw a meaningful uptick in viewers, with the latter improving on last week's 0.0 rating.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/15/tv-ratings-blue-bloods-season-11-finale/

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
They got ~$2.5m each just getting in the same room and talk about Friends lol.
Imaging budget for 11th season if WarnerTV willing to pay for it, easily over $200m.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is Mr. Mayor on Hiatus, or is it just a 9 episode first season?

Been watching it on Hulu and it feels like it's been ages since the last new episode.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Mr. Mayor on Hiatus, or is it just a 9 episode first season?

Been watching it on Hulu and it feels like it's been ages since the last new episode.
Seems like it was 9 episodes, but you're getting a "holiday special" this year.
deadline.com

NBC Takes Page From British TV With Standalone Holiday Specials For ‘Young Rock’, ‘Kenan’ & ‘Mr. Mayor’

Amid declining linear ratings, holiday programming has been one area where viewers had continued to flock to ad-supported networks, bringing in a significant chunk of those nets’ annual ad revenue. As a result, holiday fare has exploded, expanding to a month — or longer — on basic cable networks...
NBC announced today that it will air special holiday episodes of its returning comedies Kenan, Young Rock and Mr. Mayor this coming holiday season. Normally, that would not be news — broadcast comedies traditionally do themed episodes around such holidays as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day when they fall within their runs. What is unusual in this case is that NBC has no comedies on the schedule this fall, and all three renewed freshmen will return for their second seasons in midseason (January or later).

Their holiday specials will be standalone episodes not connected to Season 1 or Season 2. That is a stunt that has been a staple of British television for decades. The difference is that in the U.S., holiday programming runs in the weeks leading to Christmas.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
All Rise felt like a mercy killing after the recent article which the creative lead was shown to be a shithead

Also another comedy bites the dust

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Ugh, why are these the shows that survive. None of his shows have been good and yet they're the ones that keep on going.
Chuck Lorre still holds sway. That and CBS likely wanted to stick with someone familiar to a new frontrunner.

But yeah I would rather give Mom a more proper finale, even if Anna decides not to ever return.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, just caught the finale of Young Sheldon and it looks like they really are setting up the marriage breakdown/affair story after all?
I'm pleasantly surprised considering I expected them to just outright ignore it altogether.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck did B positive score a renewal given Middleditch's personal life stuff that's going on?

Also seemed like he hated being on the show anyway, seems like a prime show to just cancel and be done with.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I know right! I'm probably watching the least amount of shows since I can remember right now because there are so few good sitcoms today. And it feels like I'm watching less and less with each passing year.

After black-ish is done next year, I'll be out of ABC shows. NBC doesn't have any sitcoms on at all this fall. And the few CBS and Fox sitcoms suck aside from the animated ones (which I've long since abandoned).

Have you tried Home Economics? I've been pleasantly surprised with it, good mix of characters and jokes. I think the only other network sitcom I'm watching is Mr. Mayor.

The spirit of network comedies live on Peacock now.
A.P. Bio, Saved By The Bell, Girls5eva, Mr. Mayor.... are all very good. Could be better if they bother to produce more than 13 episodes each season.
FWIW Mr. Mayor is NBC/Hulu as well. I agree though it would be nice to get longer sitcom seasons on streaming.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Interesting read

www.bloomberg.com

Is AT&T Giving Up on HBO Max?

The wireless giant is in talks to spin off the media group that was supposed to be its future, part of $170 billion in failed deals it is unwinding this year.

AT&T spent 4 years try to by Time Warner then give up on it when HBO Max is barely one year old.
I'm kind of wish HBO Max to merge with Peacock instead, their streaming service will be instantly the best.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of May 16, 2021 (thanks again to Aiii for the link).

The countries listed with the shows are where their origin of filming occurred:

1.) Jupiter's Legacy (Volume 1) (United States)
2.) Love, Death, and Robots (Volumes 1-2) (United States)
3.) El Inocente (Limited Series) (Spain)
4.) Sexify (Season 1) (Poland)
5.) Castlevania (Seasons 1-4) (United States)
6.) Shadow and Bone (Season 1) (United States)
7.) Halston (Season 1) (United States)
8.) Vincenzo (Limited Series) (South Korea)
9.) Selena: The Series (Parts 1-2) (Mexico)
10.) Falsa Identidad (Season 1) (Mexico)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-05-16/

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of May 16, 2021:

1.) The Upshaws (Season 1) (NEW)
2.) Jupiter's Legacy (Volume 1)
3.) Love, Death, and Robots (Volumes 1-2) (NEW)
4.) Halston (Season 1) (NEW)
5.) Startup (Seasons 1-3)
6.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
7.) Castlevania (Seasons 1-4) (NEW)
8.) Shadow and Bone (Season 1)
9.) Selena: The Series (Parts 1-2)
10.) The Sons of Sam: A Descent Into Darkness (Limited Series)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-05-16/

The links provided show more detailed information of each show's rankings.

Please let me know if we just want the worldwide list, just the US list, or both. I can also provide an image of the list instead of typing it all out if people want it done that way.

I also apologize for posting this so late. I was out all day and just got back home to type it all out about a half-hour ago.