• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, they're going to keep it serial:

In a call with reporters weeks before the renewal, franchise creator Dick Wolf mentioned that Season 2 likely would consist of three eight-episode arcs, for a total of 24 episodes.

"The first third of the season is The Godfather. The second third is American Gangster. And the last third is Scarface," Wolf said. "And these villains are going to be really bad guys that give [Stabler] a constant source of energy, outrage, belief in justice and a different way of pursuing criminals than we've had before."

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
NBC is turning over its Thursday lineup, once the hallowed home of Must-See comedies, to Law & Order. Forthcoming spinoff Law & Order: For the Defense will kick things off at 8 pm, followed by SVU and Organized Crime. (For those keeping track at home, Dick Wolf now owns almost 30 percent of NBC's schedule.)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine's 10-episode farewell season will premiere this summer following the conclusion of NBC's Olympics coverage.

The Voice will only air one cycle next season, in the fall.

This Is Us' sixth and final season will premiere at midseason, but the delay contains a silver lining: All 18 episodes will air uninterrupted.

tvline.com

NBC Fall Schedule: This Is Us‘ Last Hurrah Pushed to 2022, All-L&O Thursdays, B99 Farewell Gets Olympics Launch, Zoey’s and Good Girls MIA

NBC on Friday announced their 2021 fall game plan, and it includes big changes to Tuesday and Thursday night

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
tvline.com

NBC Fall Schedule: This Is Us‘ Last Hurrah Pushed to 2022, All-L&O Thursdays, B99 Farewell Gets Olympics Launch, Zoey’s and Good Girls MIA

NBC on Friday announced their 2021 fall game plan, and it includes big changes to Tuesday and Thursday night
Basically seasons 7 annd 8 for B99 will be, together, the size of one season.
I agree. I think when a character isn't a regular there is even less reason to kill them off.
It gaves us Andre Braugher yelling "BAGEL!" so I'll take it.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

Important for anyone who was hoping for renewal/cancellation news from this:

Bubble series Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, Manifest, Debris and Good Girls are MIA, but they have not cancelled — at least not yet. An NBC rep confirms that final renewal decisions will be made in the coming weeks.

Jul 4, 2019

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, one villain for the whole season (who's even in the credits). It's pissing off classic fans lol.
The classic fans have hundreds and hundreds of episodes, and more on the way. The fact they're doing something serial is great, and definitely putting on my watch list considering.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
tvline.com

Good to finally get a return date for B99. Really curious to see how the final season feels with everything that has happened and them reworking the season.

Looking at the NBC schedule, La Brea seems like it could be interesting.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I figured the show might be coming to an ending soon. 8 seasons is a great run and the last few seasons of the show haven't been the best. Hopefully they go out on a high note.
Same here. I hope the show brings back Zoey for the series finale too. From what Kenya Barris said, she might be. I also wonder if Barris is willing to write some episodes again too. That'd be really great.

So not looking good for mixed-ish?
It could go either way, honestly, but we'll find out soon enough.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Venture Bros. movie is going to serve as the series finale.

Makes sense. The show was canceled, now they are getting to do a movie. Best not to tempt fate and create an ending on their own terms. That said, it's a shame HBO Max wasn't interested in picking up the show for additional seasons. I feel like it could have really flourished there.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just going to accept the fact that AFV will be renewed until the end of time. That show will never end.

Also, I trashed Debris in this thread before but the two-episode arc with multiple realities was the best thing I've seen on TV in ages. Hope it comes back.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Also, I trashed Debris in this thread before but the two-episode arc with multiple realities was the best thing I've seen on TV in ages. Hope it comes back.

It definitely took a step up with those 2 episodes. I really hope it gets renewed. I feel like they could really lean into the weird/crazy stuff with a season 2 now that the groundwork is laid out.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, what's insane is that NBC has no half hour comedies in the fall with Tokyo, Super Bowl and Beijing.
Oh wow, I forgot the Winter Olympics. lol

I still think it seems premature to bring the entire world together and potential create a vector that would allow a disease to basically hit every country in the world at once, but I guess that's no a TV discussion anymore.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to accept the fact that AFV will be renewed until the end of time. That show will never end.

I always think about an article I read a few years ago that said they still going through tapes they got in the 80s

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
American Housewife kinda got screwed out of a proper finale for a show that got over 100 episodes.