• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he meant bombing or marketing?

TV he has a point but adding films likely made this a mess.

or he meant the thing people didn't want him to mean!

I mean, they can definitely get canned/live in development hell/get hacked to pieces by studios. So I get that as his point.
of course they can.

bunch of "franchises" died in their infancy.

that's a very generous interpretation imo

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah no surprise at Prodigal Son getting chopped off like a certain hand

It was fun at times but overall messy and just a much worse hannibal

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
what is the other interpretation then?

he was actually complaining about cancel culture?

maybe. he does say "people are afraid of getting cancelled" not "people are afraid of their projects getting cancelled" or something. if he wanted to communicate the latter, there are like 100 better ways to do that

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
maybe. he does say "people are afraid of getting cancelled" not "people are afraid of their projects getting cancelled" or something. if he wanted to communicate the latter, there are like 100 better ways to do that
Come up with enough stuff that isn't getting viewers, you are probably getting 'cancelled' as a showrunner though.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I mean, he didn't even know how to make Twitter threads, so lack of clear communication is obvious here.

But Glover seems to be talking from his own experience, especially with Atlanta, a show he had to hide from FX what it was actually about just to get greenlit.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he didn't even know how to make Twitter threads, so lack of clear communication is obvious here.

But Glover seems to be talking from his own experience, especially with Atlanta, a show he had to hide from FX what it was actually about just to get greenlit.
That ain't "cancel culture's" fault, though. Bold/different/controversial content has always faced backlash & not had the easiest time getting funded. Now there's just a bit of a check on at least the worst of bigotry & shitstains of humanity being able to behave horribly towards other people.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

2021-May-11-TUE-FastDemo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-network-scorecard-5-11-2021.html

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Do the networks look more at ratings demos or number of people watching in households? I had thought Prodigal Son was doing alright, pulling in average for ratings, but I know the number of people is low (2.5m or below). And of course it unfortunately got cancelled.

I've been feeling pretty confident about Resident as the ratings have been somewhat decent, but then looking at the numbers (less than 3m) makes me concerned if networks look at that more.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Do the networks look more at ratings demos or number of people watching in households? I had thought Prodigal Son was doing alright, pulling in average for ratings, but I know the number of people is low (2.5m or below). And of course it unfortunately got cancelled.

I've been feeling pretty confident about Resident as the ratings have been somewhat decent, but then looking at the numbers (less than 3m) makes me concerned if networks look at that more.
Demo mostly. And in that regard, Prodigal Son was one of the lowest performing ones on FOX. 10th out of 16 shows.
Considering FOX sold its studios to Disney it doesn't matter as much either anymore, but Prodigal Son is bought from Warner so it would be considered out-house. They have limited alternative revenue streams outside of airing the show.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
That ain't "cancel culture's" fault, though. Bold/different/controversial content has always faced backlash & not had the easiest time getting funded. Now there's just a bit of a check on at least the worst of bigotry & shitstains of humanity being able to behave horribly towards other people.
I know. It's clear he's talking about TV execs being too conservative with content and creators limiting their experimentation because they fear cancellation from the networks if they don't quickly establish an audience.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Demo mostly. And in that regard, Prodigal Son was one of the lowest performing ones on FOX. 10th out of 16 shows.
Considering FOX sold its studios to Disney it doesn't matter as much either anymore, but Prodigal Son is bought from Warner so it would be considered out-house. They have limited alternative revenue streams outside of airing the show.

Thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow were the problems that unresolvable

www.cnbc.com

Ellen DeGeneres to end daytime talk show after 19 seasons

Ellen DeGeneres' long-running daytime talk show will come to an end this year after 19 seasons.

Ellen DeGeneres' long-running syndicated daytime talk show will come to an end this year after 19 seasons.

The talk show host told The Hollywood Reporter that she informed her staff of the decision on Tuesday and will sit down with Oprah Winfrey on Thursday to discuss the news.

"When you're a creative person, you constantly need to be challenged — and as great as this show is, and as fun as it is, it's just not a challenge anymore," DeGeneres told the trade publication.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how many episodes are in this current season of This is Us, The Resident and New Amsterdam? Trying to figure out how far off the finales are. Thank you.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
deadline.com

Gillian Jacobs & Wood Harris Join HBO’s 1980s L.A. Lakers Series

Gillian Jacobs (Community) and The Wire alum Wood Harris have joined the cast of Adam McKay’s Los Angeles Lakers HBO drama series.

We are VERY late to Community. I thought I had a Dan Harmon aversion, given that I've seen one episode of Rick & Morty, and know he had a public issue with a Community writier. Anyway, the show is GREAT.

Gillian Jacobs is a goddess.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benioff and Weiss' new project gets a release date too:
f.txt.jpeg

Netflix is revealing new details about Sandra Oh's forthcoming college-set comedy series from Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

Titled The Chair, the six-episode satire — created and co-written by Benioff's real-life wife, actress Amanda Peet — finds the Killing Eve star playing the first female and woman of color to head up the English Department at the (fictional) Pembroke University. It's set to premiere on Aug. 27.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I definitely trust Benioff and Weiss and Amanda Peet to be able to offer interesting insight into how university academic departments are organized in the United States, and also the complex intersectional way in which Asian scholars do and don't fit inside the traditional definition of POC with respect to diversity in the humanities.
Hey they wrote this:
D7ACcu3UEAAS6hz

Anyone that can write such powerful visual metaphors can tackle a sensitive social subject such as this.