• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Not much of a surprise, given how well Kung Fu has done in its first few weeks.

deadline.com

‘Kung Fu’ & ‘Stargirl’ Renewed At The CW

The CW is continuing to kick-ass with renewals. The youth-skewing broadcaster has picked up freshman series Kung Fu for a second season and handed a third season of DC’s Stargirl ahead of its sophomore debut. This comes as the network continues to look for stability in its scripted lineup –...
Oh, according to that article, Stargirl is still being co-financed by HBO. I know when it was announced it was becoming a full CW show people were worried about budget cuts, so maybe this means that won't be such a problem.

I'm sure Superman & Lois will be a big draw for HBO Max, so maybe they'll do the same for that show too.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, the Mighty Ducks are the evil team in the new show now? Amazing. lol

Also the kid from Toronto going full "aboot". :D

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

2021-May-03-MON-FastDemo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-network-scorecard-5-3-2021.html

May 10, 2018
Yeah Debris isn't going to make it. I can't say I will be too upset. It was an interesting premise but an uninteresting show for the most part until the recent two episode storyline.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Debris isn't going to make it. I can't say I will be too upset. It was an interesting premise but an uninteresting show for the most part until the recent two episode storyline.
I still think it's too early to come to that conclusion. The live ratings are somewhat low, but they've held extremely steady, unlike many other shows which show a steady decline. There's a consistent audience, and that is a very positive thing. You also have to take into account that Manifest has dropped over time to essentially the same demo rating that Debris currently has. If it comes down to one or the other, NBC may take the chance on the newer show that has held steady growing an audience before the next season rather than the show that is 3 seasons deep and in decline.

And, most importantly, we have absolutely no idea about the digital numbers on Peacock and Hulu. The show could be doing much better there than live and we simply have no idea, and I firmly believe that will play into renewal chances as well.

Jul 4, 2019
Reviews are starting to come out for Barry Jenkins' The Underground Railroad, and to no one's surprise, they are positive.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘The Underground Railroad’: TV Review

Barry Jenkins tackles Colson Whitehead's heralded novel 'The Underground Railroad,' about a literal and metaphorical journey for freedom in the antebellum South in this 10-part Amazon limited series.
variety.com

Barry Jenkins’ ‘The Underground Railroad’ Is a Sprawling, Overwhelming American Epic: TV Review

Amazon's 'The Underground Railroad,' from Barry Jenkins, makes a powerful, vibrant meal out of Colson Whitehead's novel.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Peacock's new Tina Fey produced comedy Girls5Eva is also getting positive reviews!

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Peacock's new Tina Fey produced comedy Girls5Eva is also getting positive reviews!
Interested in this one!

www.rottentomatoes.com

Girls5eva: Season 1 | Rotten Tomatoes

When a one-hit-wonder girl group from the 1990s gets sampled by a young rapper, its members reunite to give their pop star dreams one more shot -- this time while balancing spouses, kids, jobs, debt, aging parents, and shoulder pain.

There's also a first pic out for Mr. Corman, the JGL Apple+ series debuting in August.

www.google.com

Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s ‘Mr. Corman’ Apple TV+ Series Gets First Look Image

'Mr. Corman,' Joseph Gordon-Levitt's new Apple TV+ series, has received a first look at the show created by and starring Gordon-Levitt.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in this one!

www.rottentomatoes.com

Girls5eva: Season 1 | Rotten Tomatoes

When a one-hit-wonder girl group from the 1990s gets sampled by a young rapper, its members reunite to give their pop star dreams one more shot -- this time while balancing spouses, kids, jobs, debt, aging parents, and shoulder pain.

Me too!

This quote from THR in particular got me really excited!

It's impossible not to think of executive producer Tina Fey's other shows when watching Girls5eva — its best moments recall the inspired silliness, pointed feminism and scathing showbiz satire of Fey and her collaborators' best work (30 Rock, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Great News). Created by Kimmy Schmidt alum Meredith Scardino, Girls5eva feels more like a Tina Fey show than Fey's current show Mr. Mayor, brimming with so many cutaways, parodic music videos and densely packed jokes you're almost afraid to laugh lest you miss a half-second gag.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
News of the cancellation comes despite the fact that streaming data released by Nielsen last week showed that "The Irregulars" was the number one streaming show the week it debuted, pulling in approximately 643 million minutes streamed across all eight episodes. In that time, the show edged out serious competition from "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" on Disney Plus, which came in second with an estimated 628 million minutes streamed.

The series also received mostly positive reviews from critics, holding a 78% critical approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Netflix makes no sense

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess that there is some sort of second weekend bounce back from word of mouth that just wasn't here with the Irregulars. Personally, I liked the idea and the cast but it seems like a show that is just a bit too expensive for what it brought in (via watches or subs).

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm thinking retention on Irregulars sucked. I watched the first episode and it was...okay but I was never motivated to go back. Especially after the impressions thread here seemed to indicate that later episodes weren't any better. Not shocked by this cancellation at all.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
deadline.com

‘The Flash’ Original Cast Members Tom Cavanagh & Carlos Valdes Exit The CW’s Series After 7 Seasons

The Flash, which already has been renewed for Season 8, is bidding farewell to two original cast members, Tom Cavanagh and Carlos Valdes.
Cross-posting with the original thread for this:

This was a really, really long time coming for Carlos Valdes. Like, holy crap did it feel like the actor wanted to leave so many years ago, it's so obvious!

As for Tom Cavanagh, I'm surprised he stuck around as long as he did considering there has literally been nothing for him to do since season 3.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
...I thought Irregulars was a hit?
Probably some obscure metric they measure didn't think so?
deadline.com

‘The Flash’ Original Cast Members Tom Cavanagh & Carlos Valdes Exit The CW’s Series After 7 Seasons

The Flash, which already has been renewed for Season 8, is bidding farewell to two original cast members, Tom Cavanagh and Carlos Valdes.
How many different Harrison Wells did Cavanagh end up playing in this show's run?

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's too early to come to that conclusion. The live ratings are somewhat low, but they've held extremely steady, unlike many other shows which show a steady decline. There's a consistent audience, and that is a very positive thing. You also have to take into account that Manifest has dropped over time to essentially the same demo rating that Debris currently has. If it comes down to one or the other, NBC may take the chance on the newer show that has held steady growing an audience before the next season rather than the show that is 3 seasons deep and in decline.

And, most importantly, we have absolutely no idea about the digital numbers on Peacock and Hulu. The show could be doing much better there than live and we simply have no idea, and I firmly believe that will play into renewal chances as well.
yeah i only watch it only hulu

the show is the most compelling sci fi show Ive seen on the networks.