• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Episode one was good, episode two was fan-fucking-tastic.
The switch to comedic elements was effortless and only served to underscore how amazing these writers are. Winslet is killing it and I'm hanging on every mundane element because it feels so genuine. Shout out to Evan Peters. His role as the happy foil is working out great. He does look pretty gaunt though. Wonder if that's him aging or if it was for another role. Either way, loving this series

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

2021-Apr-26-MON-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-monday-network-scorecard-4-26-2021.html

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

Of course it's not going to affect it being renewed, but a little disconcerting on how 911: Lone Star has dropped slowly somewhat consistently this season. I think this is the first. .7 this season.

Again, I am certain it will be renewed, but I just it to be one of the exceptions and not be the standard slow (or faster) drop in ratings shows as the seasons go on.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Of course it's not going to affect it being renewed, but a little disconcerting on how 911: Lone Star has dropped slowly somewhat consistently this season. I think this is the first. .7 this season.

Again, I am certain it will be renewed, but I just it to be one of the exceptions and not be the standard slow (or faster) drop in ratings shows as the seasons go on.
Yeah, you've got nothing to worry about with 911: Lone Star. It's one of the better performing shows on Fox overall.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you've got nothing to worry about with 911: Lone Star. It's one of the better performing shows on Fox overall.

Yes, I agree it is now. I just am looking long-term. I want Lone Star (and original 911) to be an exception to most shows where the ratings aren't going to slowly drop from season to season, they they will remain strong. Similar to how NCIS has been a rock.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Flintstones’ Adult Animated Comedy Sequel Series ‘Bedrock’ From Elizabeth Banks In Works At Fox

Yabba-Dabbo-Doo! Elizabeth Banks’ Flintstones sequel series Bedrock has landed at Fox. The network is developing the primetime animated adult comedy series with the Charlie Angels and Hunger Games star set to voice Pebbles Flintstone in addition to producing. Banks has been developing a...
Bedrock-3.jpg

Bedrock will follow the Flintstone family two decades after the original, with Fred on the brink of retirement and 20-something Pebbles embarking on her own career. As the Stone Age gives way to a shiny and enlightened new Bronze Age, the residents of Bedrock will find this evolution harder than a swing from Bamm-Bamm's club.

Oct 25, 2017

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Flintstones’ Adult Animated Comedy Sequel Series ‘Bedrock’ From Elizabeth Banks In Works At Fox

Yabba-Dabbo-Doo! Elizabeth Banks’ Flintstones sequel series Bedrock has landed at Fox. The network is developing the primetime animated adult comedy series with the Charlie Angels and Hunger Games star set to voice Pebbles Flintstone in addition to producing. Banks has been developing a...
Bedrock-3.jpg
It took only 20 years to go from Stone age to bronze age huh. Maybe there is something to this 6000-year-old Earth to begin with.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Netflix having the lowest churn rate isn't surprising. HBO Max having a higher churn rate than CBS All Access (now Paramount+) is. Wonder if it is due to the higher price.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Streaming Giants’ Next Worry: A Subscriber Churn Uptick

Netflix, Disney+ and others gained customers amid COVID-19 lockdowns. But as consumers increasingly leave home, executives’ focus may turn to customer retention.

16rep_streamingcharts_embed2-1619569540-compressed.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix having the lowest churn rate isn't surprising. HBO Max having a higher churn rate than CBS All Access (now Paramount+) is. Wonder if it is due to the higher price.

Netflix, Disney+ and others gained customers amid COVID-19 lockdowns. But as consumers increasingly leave home, executives’ focus may turn to customer retention.

I would give Paramount+ a couple weeks. I'm currently under the 99C for a month sub of it under Prime. Since it's still 'new' and these offers haven't ended for everyone yet, I would expect that number to grow a lot more fairly soon.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Noah Centineo To Star In Netflix CIA Series From Alexi Hawley, Doug Liman & eOne

Netflix Gives 8-Episode Commitment To eOne Noah Centineo Espionage Drama Vehicle
The hourlong series, which has received an eight-episode order, is created by The Rookie creator Alexi Hawleywho will serve as showrunner. Hawley and Centineo will be executive producers alongside Hypnotic's Doug Liman, Gene Klein and David Bartis.

Centineo will play a fledgling lawyer at the CIA who becomes enmeshed in dangerous international power politics when a former asset threatens to expose the nature of her long-term relationship with the agency, unless they exonerate her of a serious crime. When Deadline first heard about the series package several weeks ago when it was shopped at auction, the working title was Graymail, a term that refers to the threatened revelation of state secrets. Netflix hasn't set a firm title yet.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I would give Paramount+ a couple weeks. I'm currently under the 99C for a month sub of it under Prime. Since it's still 'new' and these offers haven't ended for everyone yet, I would expect that number to grow a lot more fairly soon.

That could be the case with the data being taken from the end of 2020 it looks like. HBO Max really seems to be hitting its stride in 2021.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
That could be the case with the data being taken from the end of 2020 it looks like. HBO Max really seems to be hitting its stride in 2021.

What I'll be really curious on, is what HBO will look like next year when their day-1 movie deal ends. Will there be enough content on there for people to keep the subscription up? Maybe they will occasionally do similar deals next year with some smaller movies?

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong but there wasn't any major Star Trek content in 4th quarter 2020 was there? I suspect that CBS/Paramount sees a lot of churn as soon as a major ST show ends and the rest of the subs are just people in it for the long haul.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I'll be really curious on, is what HBO will look like next year when their day-1 movie deal ends. Will there be enough content on there for people to keep the subscription up? Maybe they will occasionally do similar deals next year with some smaller movies?
They're banking on their big upcoming genre series like House of the Dragon and Green Lantern bringing in people and keeping those subscriptions up.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
oh so it's a good thing then
The lower the better. If a churn rate is high it means that a lot of people are leaving the service. Lower churn is better retention to the service. I'm sure its more complicated than this but companies want lower churn since it would mean they make more money.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I only really looked at the lower ones but focusing on that image more, its crazy how much higher Apple TV+ is compared to other services. People must be joining to watch one or two shows they heard about and bailing.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I only really looked at the lower ones but focusing on that image more, its crazy how much higher Apple TV+ is compared to other services. People must be joining to watch one or two shows they heard about and bailing.

Yeah. And the fact that they are very slow to release new stuff (compared to let's say, Netflix or HBO Max) probably doesn't help. I'm not sure this metric is very important for Apple right now, though.

Oct 25, 2017

NBC needs to get its sports content onto Peacock fast, put nascar up there and I'll be there

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see if (and how high) Handmaid's Tale will chart on Nielsen's streaming list this season. The cultural zeitgeist has moved on but it seems like it's still Hulu's biggest series...?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. And the fact that they are very slow to release new stuff (compared to let's say, Netflix or HBO Max) probably doesn't help. I'm not sure this metric is very important for Apple right now, though.
Good point. It does seem like they aren't pumping out the number of releases like other people but they probably are fine at the moment and for a while as they build their catalog

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I also think a big part of Apple's churn is that they don't have a back catalog.

Pretty much. I won't argue with people that say their overall content/quality ratio heavily favors quality but, if you're not interested in what they're offering, there's literally no reason for you to stay subscribed. I understand that probably lowers the cost significantly for Apple since they aren't paying any licensing costs but... it probably means they're going to have perpetually-high churn rates.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Apple TV launch in 4Q '19? A big part of that churn might be the super cheap (or free?) annual subscriptions for buying a new iphone running out.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly really surprising that Apple hasn't made a play for like MGM or something just for their back catalog...

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Given that Apple forces you to cancel when your subscription is about to renew or you lose the free trial, I'm surprised there aren't more people who just forget and let it auto renew.