• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perry Mason's original showrunnera have left the show

deadline.com

Jack Amiel & Michael Begler Ink Big Overall Deal With HBO, Join ‘Perry Mason’ As Showrunners; Ron Fitzgerald & Rolin Jones Exit

The Knick creators, executive producers and showrunners Jack Amiel and Michael Begler are returning to the HBO fold with a rich three-year overall deal. Under the pact, said to be in the eight-figure range, the duo have been tapped as writers, executive producers and showrunners for Season 2 of...
The Knick creators, executive producers and showrunners Jack Amiel and Michael Begler are returning to the HBO fold with a rich three-year overall deal. Under the pact, said to be in the eight-figure range, the duo have been tapped as writers, executive producers and showrunners for Season 2 of HBO's drama series Perry Mason starring Matthew Rhys.

first teaser for the Dexter revival:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Maybe the second season of Perry Mason will actually be worthwhile. That also seems like a good sign for The Knick's return under Barry Jenkins.

Jul 4, 2019
I have to assume a third season for The Knick is all but confirmed at this point. Though this news could mean that they may be too busy with Perry Mason, and not have the time for The Knick.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The Knick was pretty much only noteworthy because of Soderbro, so not sure if this is an upgrade for Perry Mason. Wonder why the og showrunners left?

Oct 25, 2017

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Too many people are sleeping on For All Mankind and it's a goddamned tragedy.

This really is a tragedy!

The season 2 finale released today, and it made me literally jump out of my seat at least five times. I was alternating between laughing in excitement and crying throughout all of it. At the end I was bawling my eyes out.

This truly is the best episode of TV I've seen in the last few years.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
The Knick was pretty much only noteworthy because of Soderbro, so not sure if this is an upgrade for Perry Mason. Wonder why the og showrunners left?
Soderbergh certainly elevated it, but those writers were more than competent, which is much more than I can say for Perry Mason: S1's team. The writing was all over the place in that, and they had no clue what they were trying to say in any of the multiple story threads. The actors were truly underserved at every step.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone here mentioned the two were notoriously hard to deal with, and I guess ABC got sick of their shit:
tvline.com

Alec Baldwin/Kelsey Grammer Sitcom Scrapped at ABC, Despite Series Order

ABC has scrapped plans for a sitcom starring Alec Baldwin and Kelsey Grammer, reversing a previous straight-to-series order — get details.

seems like it had to be really truly garbage for execs to scrap it after the pilot was filmed.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Season one was very dark. Several of my friends were turned off by that. Maybe HBO wants something a little more balanced?

Yeah, they sure liked showing that dead baby a lot...

Soderbergh certainly elevated it, but those writers were more than competent, which is much more than I can say for Perry Mason: S1's team. The writing was all over the place in that, and they had no clue what they were trying to say in any of the multiple story threads. The actors were truly underserved at every step.

The writing in The Knick was a better kind of decent than Perry Mason's, but still just decent imo.

This seems like a lateral move for Perry Mason.

I think so too. Maybe they'll work better within a noir-ish framework though.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Someone here mentioned the two were notoriously hard to deal with, and I guess ABC got sick of their shit:
tvline.com

ABC has scrapped plans for a sitcom starring Alec Baldwin and Kelsey Grammer, reversing a previous straight-to-series order — get details.

seems like it had to be really truly garbage for execs to scrap it after the pilot was filmed.

Bad new, Kelsey Grammer now has more free time to focus on ruining Frasier.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
tvline.com

6f6.jpg

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of April 25, 2021:

"Shadow and Bone" and "Life in Color with David Attenborough" debut at the top spots this week, with "The Circle: A Social Media Competition" and "The Baker and the Beauty" each getting knocked down by one. Season 3 of "PJ Masks" breaks in to the top 10 as well. And "Dad, Stop Embarrassing Me!" falls down a whopping eight spots from being at number 1 last week.

1.) Shadow and Bone (Season 1) (NEW)
2.) Life in Color with David Attenborough (Season 1) (NEW)
3.) The Baker and the Beauty (Season 1)
4.) The Circle: A Social Media Competition (Seasons 1-2)
5.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
6.) Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn (Seasons 1-4)
7.) The Serpent (Limited Series)
8.) PJ Masks (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
9.) Dad, Stop Embarrassing Me! (Season 1)
10.) Who Killed Sara? (Season 1)

NewDayMarch

Nov 25, 2017
tvline.com

Hoping they can get Baldwin on Mr. Mayor, could do an interesting NY vs LA thing with him and Ted Danson. I'm sure he regrets turning it down initially for this scrapped sitcom now.

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone else watching Mare of Easttown? That show's on fire, I'm loving it.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, I"m a sucker for small time murder mysteries where everyone has dark secrets. And they are really nailing the small time feel.

I do feel like they are setting up a too obvious twists though:
both the Priest and the ex-Husband with their awkward "uh, I didn't really know her well..." seemed super clear red flags that they are involved but at least they didn't beat around the bush on putting the ex into play.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Yep, I"m a sucker for small time murder mysteries where everyone has dark secrets. And they are really nailing the small time feel.

I do feel like they are setting up a too obvious twists though:
both the Priest and the ex-Husband with their awkward "uh, I didn't really know her well..." seemed super clear red flags that they are involved but at least they didn't beat around the bush on putting the ex into play.
I suspect by the end of it the entire town will have been a suspect at one point or another.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Haven't watched yesterday's episode but based on the first I love it. I was worried the personal drama wouldn't be to my taste but between Kate's fantastic acting and the writing I'm finding it's just as enjoyable. Good stuff and I hope it continues

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The Nevers isn't great, but it did feature one of the most creative fights I've seen on TV last night. Hadn't seen anything quite like it before.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have zero interest in watching award shows like the Oscars. Too much bullshit I wish I could just skip so I skip the whole thing and just look at the winners list and any funny highlights like Glenn Close's dance after it's over.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero interest in watching award shows like the Oscars. Too much bullshit I wish I could just skip so I skip the whole thing and just look at the winners list and any funny highlights like Glenn Close's dance after it's over.
The funny thing is that I actually enjoyed watching what little I did because there was very little bullshit this year. Well, other than swapping the order of the awards. lol

Oct 25, 2017

They should learn from Anime and Video Game award shows. Pair these shows with World Premiere Trailers or clips of shows as well as book more performers who will debut *new music*. Refocus it into a major advertising opportunity. I don't think us millennials and the other generation actually care about the awards (which we can just read about on twitter or wikipedia).

Or

hashtag game changer

Make the voting, the awards, and the show live (open to all). Make it an experience that can only be done live and in no other format

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings. The 93rd Academy Awards on ABC attracted an average of 8.37 total million viewers, with an average of 1.7 in the 18-49 demographic (these ratings are based on the hours of 8-11PM EST and not any overtime), hitting a new low compared to last year (23.64 total million viewers, with a 5.3 in the 18-49 demo).

Showbuzzdaily said that the preliminary ratings don't include some of the West Coast numbers but since TheNatureBoy already posted the Tweet with the Oscars ratings and that the West Coast numbers will not likely provide a big bump, it's safe to assume that these are pretty much the results:

2021-Apr-25-SUN-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-sunday-network-scorecard-4-25-2021.html