• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Broadcast isn't what it used to be. A few of these sound interesting though. With upfronts next month, only shows I'm worried about are Debris and Zoey's Playlist.

variety.com

Pilot Season 2021: Effects of COVID Linger as Networks Shift Strategies

Pilot Season 2021 is looking shaky thanks to the lingering effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and networks are rethinking their strategies.
"The CW has also given out several backdoor pilot orders this year for spinoffs of its existing shows. Those are a "Nancy Drew" spinoff about Tom Swift, an "All American" spinoff set at an HBCU and a "Black Lightning" spinoff about the character Painkiller."

Gimme that HBCU show today.

May 10, 2018
The fuck, Nancy Drew got a potential spin off in the works too? Damn.

I say this as someone who actually really likes the show. The first few episodes you question whether or not the supernatural element is real and turns out it is.

The best part is everyone just rolls with it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

I say this as someone who actually really likes the show. The first few episodes you question whether or not the supernatural element is real and turns out it is.

Because as usual, The CW has very little interesting shows coming from CBS and they still need to pretend.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings:

2021-Apr-18-SUN-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-sunday-network-scorecard-4-18-2021.html

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Broadcast isn't what it used to be. A few of these sound interesting though. With upfronts next month, only shows I'm worried about are Debris and Zoey's Playlist.

variety.com

Pilot Season 2021: Effects of COVID Linger as Networks Shift Strategies

Pilot Season 2021 is looking shaky thanks to the lingering effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and networks are rethinking their strategies.
A lot of good ideas are heading straight to streaming anyways.

Even once people are vaxed and things calm, we're still in a wild time for tv

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I didn't like the show until it was obvious the supernatural stuff was real and everyone accepted it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
News for fans of Dave on FX. June 16th. Still need to watch this.
deadline.com

‘Dave’: FX Sets Season Two Premiere Date; Kendall Jenner, Lil Nas X Among Guest Stars Set To Appear In Comedy

Dave Burd's FX comedy 'Dave' returns for season 2 in June and will feature guest stars ranging from Lil Nas X to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Best show in years, best pandemic show, would've been this forum's TV show of the year if there was any justice in this world. Everyone should watch it and forget or ignore any preconceived notions about Lil' Dicky (I had never heard of him prior to watching the show). Absolutely can't wait for season 2, considering making an OT but worried nobody will post in it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Any upcoming sci-fi shows in the vain of the expanse/battlestar galactica (2005)?
Stargate Universe is kinda BSG-like in tone, more serious and character focused than SG-1 or Atlantis.

Only got 2 seasons and it didn't conclude its story at all, but I think I heard rumors of a new Stargate show that will potential continue the continuity of those shows.

If you haven't seen SG-1 or Atlantis you might be a bit lost in terms of some of the characters or what's going on, but the show mostly focuses on a crew stuck on a ship.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Stargate Universe is kinda BSG-like in tone, more serious and character focused than SG-1 or Atlantis.

Only got 2 seasons and it didn't conclude its story at all, but I think I heard rumors of a new Stargate show that will potential continue the continuity of those shows.

If you haven't seen SG-1 or Atlantis you might be a bit lost in terms of some of the characters or what's going on, but the show mostly focuses on a crew stuck on a ship.

I've seen the first few episodes of Universe but it didn't leave me with much of an impression. I loved SG-1 when I was younger and enjoyed Atlantis but not nearly as much as SG-1.

Is the original Battlestar alright? and how is the original V?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen the first few episodes of Universe but it didn't leave me with much of an impression. I loved SG-1 when I was younger and enjoyed Atlantis but not nearly as much as SG-1.

Is the original Battlestar alright? and how is the original V?
Yeah, Universe takes a bit to get going, I don't think I liked it much at all until the mid-season finale.

I remember liking the original V, but I haven't seen it since i was a kid. Haven't seen too much original Battlestar, but I remember it being super 70's cheese and the space battles can get a bit repetitive since they reuse footage quite a bit.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Best show in years, best pandemic show, would've been this forum's TV show of the year if there was any justice in this world. Everyone should watch it and forget or ignore any preconceived notions about Lil' Dicky (I had never heard of him prior to watching the show). Absolutely can't wait for season 2, considering making an OT but worried nobody will post in it.
Is this another one of those "comedian makes a TV show about a fictional version of themselves and talks about how hard it is to do their job" shows? lol

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Also, in case anyone didn't know, it looks like Masterchef Australia is back. I didn't watch last year when they did the all-star season with the new hosts (or the children's version), so I really have no idea what to expect from the show nowadays.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this another one of those "comedian makes a TV show about a fictional version of themselves and talks about how hard it is to do their job" shows? lol
Not really. He's a musician, and I don't really want to spoil the places the show goes. It's much more affecting, relevant, and heartfelt than you'd think to say nothing of how routinely hilarious it is.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. He's a musician, and I don't really want to spoil the places the show goes. It's much more affecting, relevant, and heartfelt than you'd think.
That's fair, the Deadline article doesn't really give much other than it's a guy playing himself trying to basically find a career as the world's greatest rapper... which on the surface at least just sounds like all those comedian shows that HBO and FX loved to put out.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
News for fans of Dave on FX. June 16th. Still need to watch this.
deadline.com

‘Dave’: FX Sets Season Two Premiere Date; Kendall Jenner, Lil Nas X Among Guest Stars Set To Appear In Comedy

Dave Burd's FX comedy 'Dave' returns for season 2 in June and will feature guest stars ranging from Lil Nas X to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Ridiculously good show, Lil Dicky is a very good writer and a passable actor

I mean he's an actual rapper not a comedian IRL. It's sort of like that at first, but it's done very well and isn't White Atlanta like people assumed. The best three episodes are just really solid explorations of mental health, relationships and... the ethics of rapping about prison rape.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's fair, the Deadline article doesn't really give much other than it's a guy playing himself trying to basically find a career as the world's greatest rapper... which on the surface at least just sounds like all those comedian shows that HBO and FX loved to put out.
The marketing did the show no favors, and I think a lot of people just don't like Dave. I'm glad I'd never heard of him prior to checking it out.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he's an actual rapper not a comedian IRL. It's sort of like that at first, but it's done very well and isn't White Atlanta like people assumed. The best three episodes are just really solid explorations of mental health, relationships and... the ethics of rapping about prison rape.
I might check it out... infinite backlog gets longer. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Wipeout reboot is great but jesus the hosts suck,
John Cena could maybe be good but he needs a much better co-host to bounce off of.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Man I had no idea Helen McCrory passed. God damn shame. She's amazing in Peaky Blinders and I have no idea how they'll work without her. Too young :(

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Don't believe those numbers, Netflix counts everyone watching something like 2 minutes as a view, we have no idea how much of those 52 million actually finished the show or even made it through the first episode.
And it's the same metric they use for determining the top 10s which is why they mean nothing to me.