• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't MacGyver get a soft reboot when Terry Matalas took the reigns? He's already off to bigger and better things.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter's Legacy looks like it would be way better if they just cast older actor. The makeup and wigs are fucking awful for the old age folks.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Ginny & Georgia really does seem to have become the surprise hit for Netflix so far this year.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Coming 2 America’ Repeats as Nielsen Streaming Leader

The Eddie Murphy vehicle becomes the first feature film to hold the top spot in the rankings in consecutive weeks.

Original Series

1. Ginny & Georgia (Netflix), 722 million minutes viewed
2. The Crown (Netflix), 449 million
3. WandaVision (Disney+), 388 million
4. Murder Among the Mormons (Netflix), 264 million
5. Behind Her Eyes (Netflix), 261 million
6. Last Chance U: Basketball (Netflix), 234 million
7. Longmire (Netflix), 202 million
8. Bridgerton (Netflix), 198 million
9. The One (Netflix), 186 million
10. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 184 million

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings. ABC's "Rebel" didn't do so hot, losing about 25% of "Grey's Anatomy"'s total audience and 50% of it's 18-49 demographic:

2021-Apr-08-THU-Fast-Demo.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-thursday-network-scorecard-4-8-2021.html

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that Josh Thomas' show on Freeform, "Everything's Gonna Be Okay," is premiering it's second season tonight. The first season was okay. The first episode was great but the rest was pretty meh since they just stayed indoors a lot and chatted. And this was before the pandemic.

Let's see what tonight's episodes are about:

Oh...
Yeah, it's pretty much the same show still but now they're paying lip service to the pandemic.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
I still wish Party of Five got renewed over EGBO, but I will probably still watch it after the season is over. The first season was a big meh for me. Don't particularly love the characters.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

Wow, look at those numbers for MacGyver. It has continued to do well otherwise, but this is the highest for it in awhile.

I am sure a large part of it is people knowing it is ending now and want to see the last few episodes. But I still hope CBS does have some regret. Yeah, I know they don't.

When watching the episode last night, it only depressed me. :(

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I would only say it's good. The animation is hit and miss and it does lean more into drama than I would like (especially considering the source material), but it's just good. I don't think you would like it, but this is one of those shows where you will get a good first impression with just one episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Showtime continues their bad series finales with Shameless. I wasn't expecting much but that was incredibly disappointing. It felt more like a penultimate episode than a series finale. They spent so much time on introducing new storylines that went nowhere instead of focusing on a satisfying ending after 11 seasons.

No Fiona?! She couldn't even get a mention in the ending monologue? Weak.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Showtime continues their bad series finales with Shameless. I wasn't expecting much but that was incredibly disappointing. It felt more like a penultimate episode than a series finale. They spent so much time on introducing new storylines that went nowhere instead of focusing on a satisfying ending after 11 seasons.

Sopranos ending!

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of April 11, 2021:

"This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist" debuts at number 1 this week, with "The Way of the Househusband" making it's debut at number 9. Plus, new episodes of "Family Reunion" made the show jump into the list as it sits at number 5.

1.) This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Who Killed Sara? (Season 1)
3.) The Serpent (Limited Series)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
5.) Family Reunion (Parts 1-3) (NEW)
6.) Ginny and Georgia (Season 1)
7.) Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (Seasons 1-5)
8.) The Irregulars (Season 1)
9.) The Way of the Househusband (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) Big Time Rush (Seasons 1-4)

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Three episodes in and I'm kinda totally digging The Mighty Ducks TV show. Okay, a bit of Lauren Graham bias, perhaps. But it really is decent show with a lot of heart. Kid actors are great, too. It's more earnest than Cobra Kai, and by nature of the premise less campy, but they obviously looked at that show and what worked there and took the right inspiration from it.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it felt more like a season finale with all the unfinished plot threads. I'm not sure why they thought this would make a good finale.
Frank suddenly getting Covid and dying of it felt weird after they tricked us into thinking he ODed in the second to last episode.

Also it felt like they were teasing a Fiona appearance when they were trying to find Frank's emergency contacts in the hospital but whatever I guess not.

I feel like Micky and Ian's final little moment with Micky surprising Ian with a anniversary party was really the best part.

Last edited:

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

I find it kind of crazy that Shameless just ended now, I feel like the OT title announcing its cancellation was like three years ago lol.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Madea Origin TV Series ‘Mabel’ In Works At Showtime From Tyler Perry, Tim Palen, JaNeika & JaSheika James

After starting off on stage and then moving to the big screen, Tyler Perry‘s Madea is now headed to television. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All Showtime is developing Mabel, a drama series created by Perry and Tim Palen. The high-profile...
Since it's a Madea series I wonder if Tyler Perry will give it a budget higher than $20 like all his other shows.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so far behind on Shameless that I still have the bulk of the season to watch and catch up on. We'll catch up in the sense that my DVR will get the last episode tonight.

Haven't been too crazy about the season and I might skip those specials that Showtime did for the show that wasn't normal episodes.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Hard disagree. The final season of Shameless wasn't great, but the finale was pretty damn good.
Yeah I didn't hate it at all, but I do agree that most of the plot points started in the final season seemed like they needed at least an episode more to resolve. I actually thought it was the penultimate episode until the card pointing to the website at the end. I think the way they ended the episode with frank dying from covid instead of succeeding in overdosing because he's been abusing so much he literally can't OD was actually a nice touch. Poor Liam being the only person to give a shit about him in the end was the best way to end it to, as was not giving him a proper funeral. Fiona not being in it I will forgive them, maybe Emmy wasn't interested in returning or maybe it was just Covid preventing them from getting "outsiders" onto the set. Either way, I was well and done with Fiona by the time she left the show, so it's fine.

------

I watched 13 minutes of The Nevers.

Then I remembered I hate steampunk, so that's the end of that.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
For the first time ever I'm watching a season of Top Chef as it airs and... wow, in two episodes we've already had some pretty tough examples of how the pandemic affected chefs and the restaurant industry. Two of the cheftestants admitted that they are working on getting sober after the pandemic forced them to lose their jobs/close their restaurants and fall into a pit of alcoholism, many of them are working more menial jobs and are just happy to get back into the kitchen after (according to them) about 6 months without getting any meaningful work in a kitchen... Every contestant in Top Chef in general has some layer of arrogance that comes with the job title of "Chef", but this year everyone is pretty much chill and just happy to be there.

Also, one contestant really seems like if Jordan Peele had entered the competition as one of his characters from Key & Peele.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
For the first time ever I'm watching a season of Top Chef as it airs and... wow, in two episodes we've already had some pretty tough examples of how the pandemic affected chefs and the restaurant industry. Two of the cheftestants admitted that they are working on getting sober after the pandemic forced them to lose their jobs/close their restaurants and fall into a pit of alcoholism, many of them are working more menial jobs and are just happy to get back into the kitchen after (according to them) about 6 months without getting any meaningful work in a kitchen... Every contestant in Top Chef in general has some layer of arrogance that comes with the job title of "Chef", but this year everyone is pretty much chill and just happy to be there.

Also, one contestant really seems like if Jordan Peele had entered the competition as one of his characters from Key & Peele.
Yeah its really interesting to hear them talk about this stuff because a lot of them seem to own their own places and everyone is mentioning how rough it is. I'm really enjoying this season and also enjoyed the last one which is the first one I saw. This is such a tough year for all of them, I don't think a single one mentioned things being the same or working well for them at this moment.