• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

It's an intrinsically American story that seemed primed to join Netflix's roster of big-budget U.S. originals. Instead it was ordered as a Latin American original, with a modest budget to match — well under $2 million per episode, according to multiple sources, for a period drama with specific costume, makeup and set needs. "The Crown," by comparison, cost a reported $13 million per episode at launch.
Explains why it felt so cheap, it was.

Aug 7, 2019
Against all odds(abysmal ratings and 4 rule), Raven's Home renewed for a 5th season and will likely get to 100 episodes like the original series

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Against all odds(abysmal ratings and 4 rule), Raven's Home renewed for a 5th season and will likely get to 100 episodes like the original series

Disney channel is weird place for Raven because fans of original series already in their late 20s.

I see that its weekly clips got hundreds to million views on youtube. I think it will do decent numbers on Disney+.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Aug 7, 2019
What are the ratings like? I'm genuinely curious.

Commonly under 0.40 or 0.30, no million since Season 2

On Demand watchers might be boosting it secretly though, in any case I think this is Disney's act of desperation because they've been so focused on Plus they forgot their channel needed new programming

They are probably also hoping a nostalgia shipping for Raven will get eyes back on it like with GMW (which only getting 3 seasons is now even more hilarious)

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Commonly under 0.40 or 0.30, no million since Season 2

On Demand watchers might be boosting it secretly though, in any case I think this is Disney's act of desperation because they've been so focused on Plus they forgot their channel needed new programming

They are probably also hoping a nostalgia shipping for Raven will get eyes back on it like with GMW (which only getting 3 seasons is now even more hilarious)
That doesn't sound that bad. I've seen worse on ABC and The CW. But yeah, streaming is probably saving it.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
That Clarice story is something else. Sounds like they gave MGM pretty much everything they want and MGM still decided against it. Crazy.

Oct 25, 2017
Love, Victor s2 was great, having my second fav ship become canon, priceless. Rahim was great,

now the long wait for an s3 announcement especially with how they ended it. would be cruel to stop it there :(

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings from TV Series Finale:

EmqTbdG.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix fishiness:
deadline.com

Melissa McCarthy Comedy ‘God’s Favorite Idiot’ Wraps Production Early In Australia; Netflix To Shoot Second Set Of Episodes At A Later Date

Production on Netflix's 'God's Favorite Idiot' has wrapped up early in Australia, as the series will now be shot in two separate blocks.
Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone's Netflix comedy series God's Favorite Idiot has wrapped up production earlier than expected in Australia—and now, we know why.

The Guardian reported on Tuesday that just eight of 16 episodes originally planned for had been shot, when production came to a halt. This apparently caused concern for many on the production because, while cast members were reportedly paid out for the entire 16-week shoot, members of the mostly-Australian crew, who abruptly found themselves out of work, were only paid for the shooting days they'd already completed.

According to a spokesperson close to the show, though, there is no need for concern, as all 16 episodes will eventually be shot. The reason that production wrapped early is that Netflix has decided to shoot the series in "two batches of eight" episodes, "rather than all at once."

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix fishiness:
deadline.com

Melissa McCarthy Comedy ‘God’s Favorite Idiot’ Wraps Production Early In Australia; Netflix To Shoot Second Set Of Episodes At A Later Date

Production on Netflix's 'God's Favorite Idiot' has wrapped up early in Australia, as the series will now be shot in two separate blocks.
I'm no expert but isn't shooting 16 episodes at once cheaper than two batches of 8? And how does the promise that the remaining 8 episodes will be shot later help the crew who expected the money to come in now?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 13, 2021:

1.) Lupin (Parts 1-2) (United States) (NEW)
2.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (United States) (↓ 1)
3.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (United States) (↓ 1)
4.) Startup (Seasons 1-3) (United States) (=)
5.) Friends (Seasons 1-10) (United States) (1)
6.) Who Killed Sara? (Seasons 1-2) (Mexico) (↓ 1)
6.) Ragnarok (Seasons 1-2) (Norway) (↓ 4)
8.) Nuevo Rico Nuevo Pobre (Season 1) (Colombia) (NEW)
9.) Vincenzo (Limited Series) (South Korea) (=)
10.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-3) (United States) (=)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-06-13/

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 13, 2021:

1.) Manifest (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
2.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (↓ 1)
3.) Lupin (Parts 1-2) (NEW)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-3) (=)
5.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (↓ 3)
6.) LA's Finest (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
7.) Fresh, Fried, and Crispy (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) Dirty John (Seasons 1-2) (↓ 5)
9.) Alone (Season 7) (NEW)
10.) Trese (Season 1) (NEW)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-06-13/

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Cocomelon has to be the most valuable assest that Netflix has picked up with the amount of viewing time it has garnered. Almost like GTAV on the NPD charts with the way it stays it the top 10. Nice to see Trese crack the top 10, I really dig Netflix's support of animation.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

Isn't Lupin french?

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I thought that too. Flix Patrol says United States but Wikipedia says France, so I went with Flix Patrol since that's where I'm getting these lists.
Hm, I see. Well, if the Selena debacle taught us anything, it's that Netflix's production slate doesn't follow geographical boundaries all the time.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, ABC's Celebrity Family Feud this week scored a 0.6 rating along with 4.6 million total viewers, slipping from its season opener yet still topping Sunday in the demo.

Leading out of that, The Chase (3.5 mil/0.5) was down a tick while To Tell the Truth (3 mil/0.4) was steady.

Over on CBS, 60 Minutes delivered Sunday's biggest audience, with 6.2 million viewers (and a 0.4 rating).

Elsewhere:

FOX | Westminster Kennel Dog Show coverage averaged 2.2 mil and a 0.3 (compared to The Moodys' most recent 550K/0.2, just saying).

NBC | U.S. Olympics trials coverage averaged 2.1 mil and a 0.4.

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (460K/0.1) added some eyeballs, while Batwoman (410K/0.1) dropped a few.
io33Rl1.png

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
How is the Magnum P.I reboot? is it good if you want an entertaining as an action show?
Yeah, I think it's pretty good. I caught up on a ridiculous amount of episodes on my DVR not too long ago. It won't surprise you with any huge twists but it's entertaining and comes up with some fun scenarios for it's action moments.

The on foot chases they have are actually among my favorite. Also I really like the setting as the environment looks incredible.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Yeah, I think it's pretty good. I caught up on a ridiculous amount of episodes on my DVR not too long ago. It won't surprise you with any huge twists but it's entertaining and comes up with some fun scenarios for it's action moments.

The on foot chases they have are actually among my favorite. Also I really like the setting as the environment looks incredible.

Sounds good, I'll check it out. How's the lead? it's one aspect that I find important. I see there is a female co-star or a series regular? if so is the chemistry there?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, I'll check it out. How's the lead? it's one aspect that I find important. I see there is a female co-star or a series regular? if so is the chemistry there?
I like the lead. Actually, I've come to like the entire regular cast. I wish I could give you a comparison to the original but I barely watched any episodes of the original. The female co-star starts sort of important but will become more prominent as the series moved forward. The chemistry between the two leads is fine at the start but leaves a little to be desired. If you don't like it at first, I'll say that it does get better later on as the characters begin to work together more often.