• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is it so far? Waiting for it to end so I can binge
Strong premiere. The episodes since are a bit up and down. They really need to work on the characters. But it's only 5 episodes in, so there's room for it to grow IMO. I was a bit worried about the "kid gets into trouble and creates the problem of the week" trope, and it has happened a couple times, but with how they've addressed it, it gives me some hope that it isn't going to be something they rely on long term. But we'll see.

Either way, happy to see Lucasfilm animation do so well because it can only lead to more getting greenlit.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Whoa, Y The Last Man is actually happening? I thought it would stay forever in development hell.

Jul 4, 2018
Do we know if Ducks charted at all in these things?
If you mean Mighty Ducks then no it hasn't charted on Nielsen as of yet, still got another 3 weeks of shows though as Nielsen is a month delayed.

It has done fairly well on Disney's internal trending, although hard to know what that means in terms of viewership and renewal possibilities (also being on Nielsen isn't everything as we have plenty of example of shows doing well on there and then getting canned, a good amount of Netflix shows may be down to leadership changes however as well.)

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Bosch so much, one of the best cop shows on TV. I'm sad it's ending, but I hope the spin off is good.
The spin-off is literally the same creative team. It's basically another season of the show, they just aren't calling it that since contractually season 1 of a show is different from season 8 of a show. It also allows them to ditch some of the regulars if they like.

Almost certainly the spin-off is just going to be Bosch after he is retired, opposed to the current Bosch show being while he is still a detective. The books follow the same trajectory (although some of the cases featured in the show already are from his retired days and rejiggered).

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
The spin-off is literally the same creative team. It's basically another season of the show, they just aren't calling it that since contractually season 1 of a show is different from season 8 of a show. It also allows them to ditch some of the regulars if they like.

Almost certainly the spin-off is just going to be Bosch after he is retired, opposed to the current Bosch show being while he is still a detective. The books follow the same trajectory (although some of the cases featured in the show already are from his retired days and rejiggered).

Sounds awesome, I haven't read the books but I will definitely take more Bosch.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Forgot all about The Cuphead Show. Apparently it was already shown at a film festival last year and then leaked online recently? Had no idea it was coming to Netflix so soon.

about.netflix.com

How to Watch Geeked Week 2022 and Title Schedule Reveal - About Netflix

Netflix Geeked, Netflix’s home for all things genre entertainment, is back with Geeked Week ‘22….and it's bigger than ever!

so based on the thumbnail, it looks like Army of the Dead is the focus for day 1

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

6oviuza.png

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, CBS' Clarice returned from its latest mini-hiatus — though with the first of four episodes in a row! — to 1.8 million total viewers and a 0.2 demo rating, hitting and tying series lows.

Earlier in CBS' night, United States of Al (3.7 mil/0.4) was steady.

Elsewhere:

ABC | Station 19 (4.7 mil/0.6) dipped in the demo with its season finale yet delivered Thursday's biggest audience. Grey's Anatomy (4.6 mil/0.8) ticked up with its season finale, and led the night in the demo. Rebel (2.8 mil/0.4) was flat.

NBC | On-the-bubble Manifest (2.7 mil/0.4) dipped to a new audience low while steady in the demo. Law & Order: SVU (4.1 mil/0.7) and Organized Crime (3.9 mil/0.6) were steady in the demo with their season finales.

FOX | After a 22-month hiatus, Beat Shazam returned to 1.7 mil and a 0.4.

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
I was interested in Jupiter's Legacy, only now hearing about the cancellation... does anyone know if it ends in a big cliffhanger? Should I even bother watching it now?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Strong premiere. The episodes since are a bit up and down. They really need to work on the characters. But it's only 5 episodes in, so there's room for it to grow IMO. I was a bit worried about the "kid gets into trouble and creates the problem of the week" trope, and it has happened a couple times, but with how they've addressed it, it gives me some hope that it isn't going to be something they rely on long term. But we'll see.

Either way, happy to see Lucasfilm animation do so well because it can only lead to more getting greenlit.

Well, it's still early yet. It will probably get a lot better later on.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
About to start Sweet Tooth right now. I have no history with the comic and I didn't even watch the trailer so I'm completely in the dark about everything except for what the character looks like.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
There are ALOT of comics to TV adaptations coming out this year. Invincible, Jupiter Ascending, Sweet Tooth...

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings from TV Line:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, Fox's Friday Night SmackDown scored a 0.7 rating — up two tenths from last week, to mark its best demo number in a while and easily best all comers — while drawing 1.8 million total viewers.

NBC's steady The Blacklist (3.04 mil/0.4), meanwhile, delivered Friday's biggest audience (barely topping a Blue Blood rerun's 2.95 mil).

Over on ABC, Luke Wilson's Emergency Call returned to 2.9 mil and a 0.3, up in viewers from last few fall outings (which led out of a little show called Dancing With the Stars).

Leading out of another Charmed rerun, The CW's Dynasty (230K/0.0) added a few eyeballs week-to-week while maintaining a goose egg in the demo.

https://tvline.com/2021/06/05/tv-ratings-friday-night-smackdown-roman-reigns/

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching Panic on Amazon Prime? I'm kinda interested but the Does The Dog Die site indicates there are some dead animals in the series which is usually a no for me. And something about a rapid dog. I was hoping someone here who watched it could she'd some light on these aspects, please feel free to spoiler tag. Thank you.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Mare of Easttown’ Creator Inks HBO Overall Deal

Brad Ingelsby will develop new projects for the cabler following the breakout success of the limited series.

Just gonna say it: Mare of Easttown was an absolute train wreck of a show
"(old dude, last episode, 'Oh, yeah, there's this handgun in my shed...' is the LEAST of it)"
, with an obviously AMAZING performance from Winslet and a few others. Don't bank of its creators, HBO.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 6, 2021.

1.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (United States)
2.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (United States)
3.) Ragnarok (Seasons 1-2) (Norway)
4.) Startup (Seasons 1-3) (United States)
5.) Who Killed Sara? (Seasons 1-2) (Mexico)
6.) Friends (Seasons 1-10) (United States)
7.) Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal - The Movie (Season 1) (Japan)
8.) Summertime (Seasons 1-2) (Italy)
9.) Vincenzo (Limited Series) (South Korea)
10.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-3) (United States)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-06-06/

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 6, 2021:

1.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (NEW)
2.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (↓ 1)
3.) Dirty John (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
5.) Kim's Convenience (Seasons 1-5) (NEW)
6.) Ragnarok (Seasons 1-2) (↓ 4)
7.) Human: The World Within (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) The Kominsky Method (Seasons 1-3) (↓ 5)
9.) Who Killed Sara? (Seasons 1-2) ( 4)
10.) The Upshaws (Season 1) (4)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-06-06/

The links provided show more detailed information of each show's rankings.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Kim's Convenience situation keeps looking worse and worse:

‘Kim’s Convenience’ Stars Simu Liu and Jean Yoon Open Up on “Painful” Lack of Diversity, “Overtly Racist” Storylines

In social media posts, two stars of the Canadian series (now streaming on Netflix) share behind-the-scenes experiences of working on a show they claim suffered from diversity issues, unfair pay and racist storylines on season five.
He continued that the writer's room "lacked both East Asian and female representation" and a pipeline to introduce diverse talents, claims that align with the racial reckoning currently happening across the border in Hollywood as the industry continues to hire and foster more inclusive sets and writer's rooms. "Aside from Ins [Choi], there were no other Korean voices in the room. And personally, I do not think he did enough to be a champion for those voices (including ours)," Liu posted. "When he left (without so much as a goodbye note to the cast), he left no protégé, no padawan learner, no Korean talent that could have replaced him."

Liu said he tried to offer his talents, sending scripts and short films as a way to prove his worth, while also speaking up, as did his castmates, "but those doors were never opened to us in any meaningful way." His colleague, series star Paul Sun Hyung Lee, also shared his frustrations regarding the show's cancelation in March when he told the Calgary Herald, that creator Choi stopped speaking to him. "He ghosted me," he said. "I'm very hurt by that, to be honest."
Now that that's changed, he also came clean on pay, saying that he felt the cast was underpaid "for how successful the show actually became

"The whole process has really opened my eyes to the relationship between those with power and those without. In the beginning, we were no-name actors who had ZERO leverage. So of course, we were going to take anything we could. After one season, after the show debuted to sky-high ratings, we received a little bump-up that also extended the duration of our contracts by two years," he said, citing a fellow Canadian comedy Schitt's Creek as a comparison in that they were making nothing compared to the actors on that series who had "brand name talent" recognition. "But we also never banded together and demanded more — probably because we were told to be grateful to even be there, and because we were too scared to rock the boat."
Over the weekend, Liu's co-star Jean Yoon, who plays Umma, responded to Doyle's column and backed up Liu's post by saying that as "a Korean-Canadian woman [with] more experience and knowledge of the world of my characters, the lack of Asian female, especially Korean writers in the writers room of Kim's made my life VERY DIFFICULT & the experience of working on the show painful."

She opened up on why it was so painful in a thread that detailed the mysterious absence of Choi from many aspects of the show. "It was evident from Mr. Choi's diminished presence on set, or in response to script questions. Between [Season 4] and [Season 5], this FACT became a crisis, and in [Season 5] we were told Mr. Choi was resuming control of the show. The cast received drafts of all [Season 5] scripts in advance of shooting BECAUSE of [COVID-19], at which time we discovered storylines that were OVERTLY RACIST, and so extremely culturally inaccurate that the cast came together and expressed concerns collectively."
The show's official Twitter account posted screenshots of social media posts from "South Asian award-winning writer and co-executive producer" Anita Kapila who was responding to the claims about lack of representation behind the scenes. "I loved working with every single writer who came into Kim's Convenience room, but today I want to publicly acknowledge the women and BIPOC I was honoured to work alongside. I'm sorry if I've forgotten anyone — please blame it on vaccination mind fog." She singled out the following writers: Clara Altimas, Nadiya Chettiar, Carly Stone, Sonja Bennett, Amelia Haller, Rebecca Kohler, Jean Kim, Barbara Mamabolo, Kat Sandler, Sophie Marsh, Zlatina Pacheva, Allan Reoch, and Shebli Zarghami.
TL;DR: Seems to have been a really bad situation between the cast and the crew. Some heavy allegations of opportunities being denied to cast, lack of diversity in writers' room, and racist/culturally insensitive storylines. A nasty split gets nastier.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The Kim's Convenience situation keeps looking worse and worse:

‘Kim’s Convenience’ Stars Simu Liu and Jean Yoon Open Up on “Painful” Lack of Diversity, “Overtly Racist” Storylines

In social media posts, two stars of the Canadian series (now streaming on Netflix) share behind-the-scenes experiences of working on a show they claim suffered from diversity issues, unfair pay and racist storylines on season five.

TL;DR: Seems to have been a really bad situation between the cast and the crew. Some heavy allegations of opportunities being denied to cast, lack of diversity in writers' room, and racist/culturally insensitive storylines. A nasty split gets nastier.
That tv critic is a piece of shit who blocked Liu on Twitter so he couldn't directly respond to him about his article.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, ABC's Celebrity Family Feud returned to 5.5 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, up a tick from its fall averages and dominating Sunday night in the demo.

Leading out of that, The Chase (3.9 mil/0.6) was down just a tick from its winter averages (when it aired on Thursdays), followed by To Tell the Truth's 3.1 mil/0.4.

Elsewhere:

CBS | 60 Minutes (6.7 mil/0.4) delivered Sunday's biggest audience. The Kennedy Center Honors (5/1 mil/0.3) was down sharply from its December 2019 telecast (7 mil/0.6).

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (450K/0.1) and Batwoman (420K/0.1) each added eyeballs while steady in the demo.

FOX | The Moodys' double pump (530K/0.2) was down sharply from its most recent outing (1.1 mil/0.3 on a Thursday).

NBC | U.S. Gymnastics Championship coverage averaged 1.9 mil/0.35.

I8bc91n.png

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Bring back The Society, Netflix. You cowards. It seems so much cheaper than all of these effects heavy shows that want to be the next big thing.