• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Ratings drop a decent amount here every year, nobody watches live anymore
Look at a show that is still considered popular
Survivor
S2 finale 36 million viewers - 2001
20ish million finale viewers, 2001-2005(9 seasons)
17 million down through 10 million, 2006-2013(16 seasons)
9 million viewers, 2014-2016(6 seasons)
8 million viewers, 2017(2 seasons)
7ish million viewers, 2018-2020(5 seasons)
I get that. The same phenomenon is happening in the U.K. But it's just odd that in a country with 4(5?) the population, TV ratings aren't generally that much higher.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, NBC's America's Got Talent opened Season 16 with 7.1 million total viewers and a 0.85 demo rating, down a tick from its previous averages (7.3 mil/1.0) but still dominating Tuesday in both measures.

Leading out of that, New Amsterdam (4 mil/0.5) ticked up with its penultimate Season 3 episode.

Elsewhere:

FOX | LEGO Masters' Season 2 premiere (1.53 mil/0.4) was down sharply from the competition series' previous lows (2.9 mil/0.9) leading out of network titan Masked Singer. Mental Samurai (1.1 mil/0.3) ticked up in the demo.

ABC | The conclusion of Mike Tyson: The Knockout (2.6 mil/0.4) was down a tenth from last week.

THE CW | Leading out of a rerun and pending adjustment due to sportsing preemptions, Superman & Lois (900K/0.1) is currently up in eyeballs but down in the demo.

0CLaOkk.png

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I have the strongest interest in Legos that I ever have in years but I didn't make it through the pilot of Lego Masters last year and probably won't be coming back to try out this season. I thought it was pretty popular though so that drop is a little surprising.

If I didn't have a bursting DVR, I might have considered watching the second season. Gonna keep whittling down my watching list as I can. My schedule of shows coming on during the week has dramatically reduced now. Just watched a ridiculous amount of Magnum P.I. over the past few days to free up a nice chunk of space.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
(from Simu's facebook post)

Facebook

Our producers (who also own the Kim's Convenience IP) are the ones who chose not to continue. Neither CBC nor Netflix own the rights to Kim's Convenience, they merely license it.

Interesting...

(also a fair amount of shade towards the showrunner who just up and left, causing the show to be prematurely cancelled)

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised they haven't announced the Shadow and Bone renewal yet...I thought it charted pretty good.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I think the high cost, production issues, and unfavorable reviews from critics really sunk Jupiter's Legacy. I didn't bother checking it out, mostly because of the lackluster reviews and the number of other shows that operate in a similar space.

That being said the spinoff focused on a group of villains pulling off a heist sounds like a cool concept. Just hope they get a better creative team this time to bring it to life.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever they do next will be better simply because they will presumably not have half the story feature 40 year old actors in bad old man makeup

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That a spin-off based on the white character has been given the green light says it all…
I'll quote myself from the other thread.

Nobody should. It's a spin-off in name only with the character moving to a new city (Hamilton) and starting a new career. Might as well be a new character since it's only a spin-off so they can use the KC name in marketing.

Sadly that's what happens when the network wants more but the previous show had no Korean writers except for the creator that quit.

Oct 25, 2017
I get that. The same phenomenon is happening in the U.K. But it's just odd that in a country with 4(5?) the population, TV ratings aren't generally that much higher.
People show up for him big events. Super bowl 2021 had more viewers than the population of the UK. Otherwise, I think america also has way more channels, cable shows arent shown in the ratings posted, several get a million+ views (many easily more than the CW shows).

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

fu2wDpI.png

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, Fox's MasterChef opened Season 11/"Legends" with 2.4 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating, topping Wednesday in the demo. Leading out of that, Crime Scene Kitchen (1.9 mil/0.4) dropped 20 and 33 percent from its post-Masked Singer debut.

Elsewhere:

ABC | Press Your Luck (3.3 mil/0.5) and A Million Little Things (2.4 mil/0.3) were steady, while $100,000 Pyramid (3.5 mil/0.5) ticked up in the demo and delivered the night's largest audience.

CBS | Kids Say the Darndest Things (2.9 mil/0.4) was steady.

THE CW | Kung Fu (830K/0.1) and the Nancy Drew season finale (480K/0.1) both added eyeballs, with the latter also ticking up in the demo.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
New limited series from Mike White - creator of Enlightened.

A social satire set at an exclusive Hawaiian resort, The White Lotus follows the vacations of various hotel guests over the span of a week as they relax and rejuvenate in paradise. But with each passing day, a darker complexity emerges in these picture-perfect travelers, the hotel's cheerful employees, and the idyllic locale itself.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I forgot to mention that I really hope that Ragnarok (Netflix) gets another renewal, really liking the show overall though it has it's issues.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Y the last man is this year, nice

Wish they would end Archer already

Interesting that they're airing both AHS series so close together

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Mosquito Coast got renewed as I didn't think it had much buzz. I'll probably get around to it later in the year.

Jupiter's Legacy always confused me, I couldn't remember what it was about and I kept thinking of that terrible Wachowski Jupiter movie.

Last edited:

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
New limited series from Mike White - creator of Enlightened.

I don't think I quite understand what this is but it looks interesting. I'll probably check it out.

I surprised Mosquito Coast got renewed as I didn't think it had much buzz. I'll probably get around to it later in the year.
My wife and I started watching it because the trailers looked interesting. I thought it was pretty bad and dropped it after 2-3 episodes. My wife kept going for a few more but she even came around to thinking it was pretty bad. Interesting that it got renewed but, then again, Apple seems more inclined to renew a lot of there shows so far with AppleTV+.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Mosquito Coast got renewed as I didn't think it had much buzz. I'll probably get around to it later in the year.

Jupiter's Legacy always confused me, I couldn't remember what it was about and I kept thinking of that terrible Wachowski Jupiter movie.
I'm pretty sure Apple has given season 2's to almost all their properties. Given the low amount of content on their service it's the smart move until they fill it out some.

I don't think I quite understand what this is but it looks interesting. I'll probably check it out.
It's Mike White so it'll be uncomfortable and very funny. I hadn't heard about it and I love his work so I'm happy to get a little surprise gift from HBO

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

I think Apple is just desperate for content right now tbh
It's not got great reviews really and I don't see it being talked about anywhere online

Last edited:

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Enlightened was so amazing. Psyched for White Lotus and I really hope Y turns out great.

Jul 4, 2018
Original Series

1. Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix), 696 million minutes
2. The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu), 690 million
3. Selena: The Series (Netflix), 639 million
4. Shadow and Bone (Netflix), 555 million
5. The Sons of Sam: A Descent into Darkness (Netflix), 461 million
6. The Circle (Netflix), 456 million
7. Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Disney +), 251 million
8. The Crown (Netflix), 210 million
9. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney +), 204 million
10. Lucifer (Netflix), 190 million

Acquired Series

1. Grey's Anatomy (Netflix), 733 million minutes
2. NCIS (Netflix), 721 million
3. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 658 million
4. Cocomelon (Netflix), 519 million
5. Supernatural (Netflix), 380 million
6. Heartland (Netflix), 369 million
7. Schitt s Creek (Netflix), 293 million
8. New Girl (Netflix), 279 million
9. Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn (Netflix), 255 million
10. Bones (Netflix), 254 million

Source: https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top-ten/

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I think Apple is just desperate for content right now tbh
It's not got great reviews really and I don't see it being talked about anywhere online
Yeah, it's Apple. Virtually every single thing has gotten second seasons, most of which were in motion well before their premieres. Sooner or later they'll start getting pickier, just like Netflix did after a few years.