• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Series Finale:

HFwTEG4.png

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
If Buffy and Angel were made today we would already have Willow and Tara, The Werewolves, Spike, Wolfram & Hart: Attorneys at Law, The Council, and Young Connor: The Adventures running concurrently.

We would still never get that Ripper spin-off with Giles though.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
She's not the lead, but she's the wife of the lead, and they just had a baby last season. They could have easily killed her off then since they gave her a bunch of health issues with it.

In the Deadline article it indicates she was originally open to coming back (and they were trying and hoping she would do so), so they wrote it that she came out ok. But for whatever reason it didn't work and she decided to leave.

With the Deadline article indicating she said she was originally still open to coming back, I don't think she left because she just had a baby, but maybe due to scheduling with future projects. Like if she was able to expand her role in the MCU. But I'm just guessing.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
No, that would be Conrad leaving The Resident. But Nic is his wife and female lead, so still damn big.
She's not the lead, but she's the wife of the lead, and they just had a baby last season. They could have easily killed her off then since they gave her a bunch of health issues with it.
Ah at that makes sense. The comments on the article did make it sound like it would be impossible for the show to go on without her.

Y'all remember when Cuddy left?
Does the main character have a hetero life mate to pivot to? lol

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
For International Era

deadline.com

HBO Max To Launch In Nordics & Spain In Fall, With Portugal, Central & Eastern Europe To Follow In 2022

HBO Max is launching in the Nordics & Spain in Fall, followed by Portugal, Eastern & Central Europe next year

deadline.com

WarnerMedia Head Of Originals EMEA Says HBO Max European Content Will Be “Broader” & “Not High-Brow”; 50% Of New Series Will Be Unscripted

Antony Root describes content plan as “not high-brow”, says 50% of new series will be unscripted.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
For International Era

deadline.com

HBO Max To Launch In Nordics & Spain In Fall, With Portugal, Central & Eastern Europe To Follow In 2022

HBO Max is launching in the Nordics & Spain in Fall, followed by Portugal, Eastern & Central Europe next year

deadline.com

WarnerMedia Head Of Originals EMEA Says HBO Max European Content Will Be “Broader” & “Not High-Brow”; 50% Of New Series Will Be Unscripted

Antony Root describes content plan as “not high-brow”, says 50% of new series will be unscripted.

but we already have HBO Portugal?

Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming scene where she stops to help an accident on the side of the road, once everyone is okay she pulls into the middle of the road and tries to text/call/answer her husband............

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
ABC's Bachelor in Paradise drew 3.2 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating, dipping week-to-week yet still dominating Monday in the demo. Leading out of that, The Ultimate Surfer (1.4 mil/0.3) matched its week-ago debut.

Over on NBC, American Ninja Warrior (3.5 mil/0.5) ticked up and delivered Monday's largest audience. The Wall (2.5 mil/0.4) was steady.

THE CW | Roswell NM (660K/0.1) and the yet-to-be-renewed Republic of Sarah's penultimate episode (330K/0.0) were both steady.

FOX | Hell's Kitchen (2.5 mil/0.6) and Duncanville's finale (710K/0.2) were steady, while Housebroken (980K/0.3) ticked up with its own finale.

Mjf24jm.png

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a big fan of Sandra Oh so I gave The Chair a try on Netflix.
The first episode was so boring I don't think I'm going to keep watching.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets better later on (it has a lot of good actors) but I just don't think I'm interested in the plot or characters. First episode did not do a good job of getting me to care why a bunch of terrible professors shouldn't be fired.
Upcoming scene where she stops to help an accident on the side of the road, once everyone is okay she pulls into the middle of the road and tries to text/call/answer her husband............
Or she'll get an amazing job in Europe and they'll just have her text with the main character occasionally.

Or maybe she finds out a previous lover secretly had a baby and decides to just leave and raise that baby instead, haha.

I actually hadn't realized The Resident had been going for so long already. I finished watching all of Grey's Anatomy a few months ago so got a little burnt out on them, but maybe I'll give it a try and also catch up on New Amsterdam when I'm in the mood for some Hospital drama again.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets better later on (it has a lot of good actors) but I just don't think I'm interested in the plot or characters. First episode did not do a good job of getting me to care why a bunch of terrible professors shouldn't be fired.

Or she'll get an amazing job in Europe and they'll just have her text with the main character occasionally.

Or maybe she finds out a previous lover secretly had a baby and decides to just leave and raise that baby instead, haha.

I actually hadn't realized The Resident had been going for so long already. I finished watching all of Grey's Anatomy a few months ago so got a little burnt out on them, but maybe I'll give it a try and also catch up on New Amsterdam when I'm in the mood for some Hospital drama again.
Yeah I'm so burnt out on them but man I can always make room for Amsterdam, love that cast so much

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The headline says it all:
tvline.com

Impeachment: American Crime Story Review: Oof, FX Turns the Lewinsky Scandal Into Trashy Tabloid TV

Review: FX's 'American Crime Story' franchise plummets with 'Impeachment,' a trashy, exploitative trainwreck that borders on parody.

The People v. O.J. Simpson broke the mold by doing the impossible: It gave us a fresh perspective on a story we thought we already knew so well. It had depth, it had nuance, it made us rethink the legacies of infamous media pariahs… and I say all that to emphasize that Impeachment: American Crime Story does none of this.

Despite its lofty pedigree, Impeachment is a disaster: a schlocky, overheated melodrama that's only a degree or two removed from a Saturday Night Live parody. It might as well be a quickie TV movie that aired on Fox in 1998 with a title like Intern Affairs.

Impeachment also falls victim to Murphy's worst storytelling instincts: shallow characterization, shock value substituting for genuine surprise, and dialogue that tells instead of showing. The characters here say exactly how they feel and what they're thinking — and loudly. ("Stop worrying about Whitewater!" one White House official yells to another.) The whole project has a gloomy, bad energy to it, feigning gravitas with ponderous cutaways to presidential portraits and justice statues. Murphy takes a backseat to Burgess in the credits — she wrote four of the first six episodes — but his fingerprints here are unmistakable.

It's this clumsy blend of didactic "weren't we awful back then?" hindsight and sleazy sensationalism that ultimately makes Impeachment one of the year's biggest TV disappointments.

ooooooof

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
It definitely looks like the stuff Murphy did with ACS OJ and Versace isn't in Impeachment and looks like he learned the wrong lessons with his Netflix stuff.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

TV in September 2021 - What are you watching?

September is the official start of the fall TV season, when basically every broadcast network's lineup is back in full swing! We got One Chicago, both NCIS', both Law & Orders, all three FBI's, and Fox's Animation Domination! Cable is also going hard with the highly anticipated return of...

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today in content aggregation news:
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Disney to Shut Down Hotstar In U.S., Hulu and ESPN+ to Get Content Boost

Bollywood and South Asian films will go to Hulu while cricket matches will stream on ESPN+.

The content available on Hotstar will be divided between Hulu and ESPN+. Bollywood and South Asian films, including Hotstar specials like The Empire, Aarya, Criminal Justice and Dil Bechara, will head to Hulu. Cricket matches, which remain the most-watched content on Hotstar, from the Indian Premier League, International Cricket Council Men's T20 World Cup and Board of Control for Cricket will stream live on ESPN+.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First trailer for Taylor Sheridan's new Paramount+ show, "Mayor of Kingstown":
youtu.be

Mayor of Kingstown | First Look Trailer | Paramount+

From Academy Award nominee Taylor Sheridan, co-creator of Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown follows the McLusky family - power brokers in Kingstown, Michigan w...

Set to debut Sunday, Nov. 14, Mayor of Kingstown follows the McLusky family – power brokers in Kingstown, Mich., where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry. Tackling themes of systemic racism, corruption and inequality, the series promises to provide a stark look at the McLuskys' attempt to bring order and justice to a town that has neither.

Renner stars as Mike McLusky aka "The Mayor of Kingstown," while Chandler plays his older brother Mitch, who is a fixer both inside and outside the town's lifeblood prison system. Dianne Wiest (as McLusky matriarch Mariam), Taylor Handley (as youngest brother Kyle), Emma Laird and Tobi Bamtefa also star.

Jul 4, 2019

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017

I really love The Resident and New Amsterdam. I was hooked on The Resident from the first episode. New Amsterdam took some time to become compelling to me, but I think it's gotten great. I like how both shows deal with pertinent and important issues in the American health care system.

If you're ever looking for a completely different flavor of hospital shows the Japanese drama (live action TV show) Kounodori takes place in a maternal health ward and NICU, and is pretty much the most touching show ever. It's one of my favorite series of all time across any format. Ayano Go is perfectly cast as the titular doctor.

May 14, 2021

The Chair doesn't get better. It's just full of truly unlikable people, including the little girl. The students at the school are stereotypically whiny about everything. I couldn't tell if the point of the show was to mock the super woke or not. But it was only six 25 minute episodes, so I didn't feel like I wasted too much time on it.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
Fantasy Island this Tuesday drew 1.5 million total viewers and a 0.2 demo rating, marking its lowest numbers in four outings. Opening Fox's night, LEGO Masters (1.4 mil/0.4) dipped to match its demo low.

NBC's America's Got Talent (7 mil/0.7) dipped in the demo week-to-week yet still topped Tuesday in that measure, while easily delivering the night's biggest audience. College Bowl (2.5 mil/0.3) hit a demo low.

THE CW | Stargirl (680K/0.1) and Supergirl (570K/0.1) each added a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

ABC | Bachelor in Paradise (2.6 mil/0.6) slipped to season lows, while The Ultimate Surfer (1.2 mil/0.2) posted its lowest numbers in four outings.
1vErn1u.png