• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Sepinwall gave Hulu's new comedy starring Steve Martin/Martin Short/Selena Gomez, Only Murders in the Building, 4 1/2 stars out of 5, which is one of his highest scores ever

The series soon turns out to be — like The Princess Bride, Galaxy Quest, or Jane the Virgin — that rare and wonderful thing: the parody that also offers a great example of the genuine article.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Sepinwall gave Hulu's new comedy starring Steve Martin/Martin Short/Selena Gomez, Only Murders in the Building, 4 1/2 stars out of 5, which is one of his highest scores ever

Oh wow, I've been really curious how this would turn out, and I'm surprised it's reviewing as well as it has. Hulu series have been a mixed bag. Looking forward to this.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't watch the first season because it didn't look interesting to me but it gave me the impression it was a limited series with a story to tell in one season. Surprised its continuing.

The brand stays strong

deadline.com

‘Desus & Mero’ Renewed For Season 4 At Showtime

Showtime is bringing back comedians Desus Nice and The Kid Mero for a new season of their hit series 'Desus & Mero' to be released in 2022
Yay :)

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine, but only if you've really got nothing else to watch. It's not bad, it's watchable, but also there's about 100 other comedies I'd put ahead of it and would never rewatch it.
Yes, The League is good. Maybe not the upper tier of comedies, but fits in a 2nd level of funny shows to enjoy. Even if you aren't big into fantasy football. I recall it did run a bit too long, with the latter seasons being the weakest.
Maybe something for the backburner then. Not sure why I was thinking about it recently. lol
The League is pretty funny at times but good luck getting "this guy lied about being in 9/11" out of your head for any scene featuring what is basically the lead character.
Oh wow, I totally forgot it was that guy!

The Motherland world-building itself is one of the most interesting worlds I've seen on TV in years. I wish more time was spent on it though. Here's the thread if you want to check it out. The season finale's today.

www.resetera.com

Motherland: Fort Salem- This is what happens when women are allowed in the military. Entertainment

i wouldn't say she's in charge but was letting it go on to keep her status but now it's getting out of hand b/c she's getting couped also did Rae just infect the necrowall trying to cure the girl. that necrowall seemed hella important
Now that I know I won't see witch soldiers casting spells at each other like a scene out of Seal Team or Saving Private Ryan, I'm probably more prepared for it. lol

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

Blind Item: Long-Running Broadcast Drama Poised to Kick Off New Season With Massive Time Jump

An established drama series on one of the broadcast networks is about to stage a significant time jump -- get details

A very well established hour-long drama series on one of the five broadcast networks is about to hit the big time jump button.

Sources confirm to TVLine that the producers of said series are moving forward with a plan to kick off the drama's new — and possibly final — season with a two-year leap forward.

To narrow the field of possibilities a bit, we'll go ahead and rule out an entire genre; the time warp-inclined drama is not superhero-themed. Heck, we'll take it one step further and declare that this particular Blind Item is not linked to any show on The CW. (Note: It's entirely possible a CW series, unbeknownst to us, is also eyeing a significant time jump — just know it's not the subject of this specific stealth scoop riddle.)
NCIS?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I can't imagine Betty is an expensive show to make. But like RatskyWatsky mentioned, perhaps Covid played a part or the viewership really wasn't there. If nothing else, the show made skateboarding look cool/fun as hell.

giphy.gif

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
Supergirl resumed its farewell run, after a three-and-a-half month hiatus, with 560,000 total viewers and a 0.1 rating — up in audience from its midseason finale while steady in the demo. Opening The CW's night, Stargirl (620K/0.1) dropped a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

NBC | America's Got Talent (6.6 mil/0.8) dipped week-to-week yet still tied for the Tuesday demo win and dominated the night in viewers. College Bowl (2.5 mil/0.4) was steady.

ABC | Bachelor in Paradise (2.7 mil/0.8) slipped from its Monday outing but tied AGT for the nightly demo win. The Ultimate Surfer (1.3 mil/0.4) ticked up in the demo from its soft Monday debut.

FOX | LEGO Masters (1.4 mil/0.5) was steady and Fantasy Island (1.6 mil/0.3) stabilized in Week 3.
Lm64XX5.png

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
It looks like those silly Arrow gifs with Roy flipping off the wall.

I'm not sure I know what you mean, I haven't seen those, but the skating in Betty is really good. And all these girls are real skaters and were skating long before this show (or Skate Kitchen, the movie that was made before the show). The two girls in the gif are Rachelle Vinberg and Dede Lovelace. They're basically playing fictionalized versions of themselves.

Fun fact, this whole project was born by director Crystal Moselle meeting this group of girls completely by chance while riding the New York subway. She immediately wanted to do a project with/about them. It began with the short movie That One Day, later the Skate Kitchen movie, and then the Betty series.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Reminder that Archer is back for Season 12 tonight. When the show first premiered I never would have expected it to last this long. Also kind of surprising that FX never really found another animated comedy to pair alongside it, that turned out to be a success as well. Meanwhile their parent company ? Fox churns out animated comedies like it's nothing.

giphy.gif

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Wow, I thought for sure they'd renew it - diverse, all female cast; small budget; critical favorite. It's not exactly the kind of show you can just do on a set though - they kind of need to be in the streets of NY so I wonder if the prospect of having to do another lockdown because of COVID is what brought this about?

I don't usually feel too saddened about shows not being renewed, but this one stings … 🙁

I found the second season quite… limited in its approach compared to the first, seeing as a lot of scenes were in small rooms, in a confined area (especially the restaurants) or inside the big warehouse, obviously due to Covid.

Yet it made the main characters feel more intimate, and there's a sense of a tight knit community spirit that lingers throughout the final episode. I enjoyed the ride, and it harkened back to a more youthful time.

Super bummed out about this.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
Big Brother drew 3.6 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating, holding steady week-to-week to dominate Wednesday in the demo.
Continuing CBS' night, House Calls (1.8 mil/0.3) was steady, followed by 48 Hours' 2.2 mil/0.3.

Over on NBC, America's Got Talent (5.5 mil/0.6) dipped week-to-week yet easily delivered the night's biggest audience. Family Game Fight! (2.1 mil/0.4) stabilized.

THE CW | Riverdale (520K/0.1) added a few eyeballs while steady in the demo. In the Dark (340K/0.0) dipped in both measures, reporting its second smallest audience yet.

ABC | Press Your Luck (3 mil/0.4) and Superstar: John Ritter (2.1 mil/0.3) were steady, while Pyramid (3.4 mil/0.4) dipped.

FOX | A double helping of MasterChef did 2.3 mil/0.5 (steady week-to-week) and 2.4 mil/0.6.

HPGGmsd.png

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
All American really does well on streaming. The CW's most streamed series

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘All American,’ ‘Outer Banks’ Shoot to Top of Streaming Rankings

The two series finish in a near tie for the overall No. 1 spot on Nielsen's chart for July 26-Aug. 1.

1. Outer Banks (Netflix), 1.42 billion minutes viewed
2. Virgin River (Netflix), 782 million
3. Never Have I Ever (Netflix), 328 million
4. Love Is Blind (Netflix), 300 million
5. Atypical (Netflix), 291 million
6. The Movies That Made Us (Netflix), 272 million
7. Lucifer (Netflix), 202 million
8. Bosch (Amazon), 187 million
9. Loki (Disney+), 180 million
10. Orange Is the New Black (Netflix), 164 million

Acquired Series

1. All American (Netflix), 1.43 billion minutes