• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what it says that the actress who plays Becky isn't on that list even though she's probably in it as much as the others.
She pretty much disappeared from Hollywood while the original show was still running while Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert all kept working continuously, there was no way she could negotiate similar pay.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
She pretty much disappeared from Hollywood while the original show was still running while Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert all kept working continuously, there was no way she could negotiate similar pay.
Yeah, I know acting is weird because it's more about who you are than what you do. She's probably on it more than Metcalf at least. lol

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

It is great in this new era of TV that we get to see so many shows from other countries. On Netflix I have watched

Dark - Germany
Money Heist - Spain
Lupin - France
Queen Sono - South Africa
Kingdom - South Korea

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
deadline.com

‘Punky Brewster’ Sequel Canceled By Peacock After One Season

Peacock has opted not to renew Punky Brewster for a second season. The followup to the 1984 sitcom was headlined by the original series’ star Soleil Moon Frye reprising her role as the titular character who became a pop culture staple of the 1980s. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots...

Punky power wasn't enough to find an audience on Peacock I guess.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
deadline.com

‘Punky Brewster’ Sequel Canceled By Peacock After One Season

Peacock has opted not to renew Punky Brewster for a second season. The followup to the 1984 sitcom was headlined by the original series’ star Soleil Moon Frye reprising her role as the titular character who became a pop culture staple of the 1980s. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots...
When the iCarly reboot outlives you because they somehow matured with the audience.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
You know, it's probably because I dgas about the game, but I still haven't watched The Witcher. I should really get around to it sometime.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The finale to American Horror Stories may be the single most mind bogglingly stupid thing Ryan Murphy has ever written. 🤨😒🤣😭🤮

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
No you can't get away with this. We need a summary of the full season along with a description of said finale fuckery, stat.

So first of all, the whole premise and appeal of American Horror Stories is that it's an episodic anthology, meaning every episode tells a standalone story like the Twilight Zone or Black Mirror.

Except 3 of the 7 episodes - almost half of the season - have one continuous and overarching storyline. Thus defeating the whole purpose of the fucking show?

Like...

Anyway, these 3 episodes (the two part season premiere and the finale) were only ones written by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.

The first two are a tired and generic retread of the first season of the show, Murder House. Reusing the same tropes, setup, etc that fans have seen a million times thus far (Murder House stuff appears in other seasons of the show too). They're a boring waste of time but whatever.

Then the finale.

it opens with two new characters arriving at the Murder House. They're there because American Horror Story exists as a TV show in universe and they're super fans. They talk about Sarah Paulson not liking S6 and "oh won't it be fun to see where they filmed the show blah blah" so they go inside and after a while they get murdered...by characters from the show? But then everything pauses and it zooms out to reveal that everything we just witnessed was a video game. An indie video game based on American Horror Story that a woman is developing in her garage. (it's clear Murphy/Falchuk have no idea about game development rofl)

So the son is NOT impressed. There are characters in there that don't belong because they're from other seasons and also the controls are real bad mom! (Never mind that she somehow put together a photo realistic murder sim with a tiny budget and a couple freelancers in her garage) "I'm making this game for you because you're such a big fan of the show" she says. "You could have just watched the show with me if you wanted to bond!!!" yells the frustrated son.

The mom decides to watch American Horror Story on FX on Hulu.

She's taking notes this time!

But it's not enough so she decides to visit the real life location of the murder house so she can fully immerse herself in the set.

She meets with the realtor and pretends to buy the place so she can get access blah blah anyway she goes in there and walks in on Dylan McDermott (star of S1) crying in a chair. She's like whoa aren't you the guy from the TV show? He's not. He's a real ghost...just like in the first season of the show! Everything that happened in the show was real apparently (???????????????). Anyway she encounters characters from the first two episodes of American Horror Stories and they kill her so she gets trapped in the Murder House (in AHS' universe, when you die you get trapped in that location forever).

A year later on Halloween (Halloween is the one time a year where ghosts can leave the place they're stuck in) she finds her son and she's like "I was killed in the Murder House and now I'm a ghost" he's like "yeah I know we found your body a few weeks after you were killed I'm going to burn the murder house down so your spirit can move on" she's like "ok"

In the meantime the returning characters from the first two episodes of American Horror Stories continue their storyline, which is entirely unrelated to anything else happening in this episode.

So the son goes to the murder house and burns it down but there's some drama where one of the female ghosts from the first two episodes doesn't want to go because she's in love with a living girl who's like a serial killer ANYWAY the Iiving girl and the ghost girl are sad but the house burns down and that's that.

The murder house is burned down and they build condos on the land and years later the living girl buys a condo and moves in, in the hope that the ghost girl somehow still lingers in the area. Surprise! She does still linger and the girls live together happily ever after.

But then it pauses and zooms out and we realize that everything we just watched is a video game. The new and improved video game the mom is developing for her son! "This is much better!" says the son "you even fixed the terrible controls!" "Yes, I insisted!" crows the mom. They leave for ice cream or something.

But the camera lingers and we see that one of the ghosts from the Murder House is inside her house now...which????? Is only possible if the Murder House was actually burned down. Even though...it...wasn't because that only happened in the video game which is based on an FX TV show in the universe this episode is set in???

??????????

???????

??

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
So first of all, the whole premise and appeal of American Horror Stories is that it's an episodic anthology, meaning every episode tells a standalone story like the Twilight Zone or Black Mirror.

Except 3 of the 7 episodes - almost half of the season - have one continuous and overarching storyline. Thus defeating the whole purpose of the fucking show?

Like...

Anyway, these 3 episodes (the two part season premiere and the finale) were only ones written by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.

The first two are a tired and generic retread of the first season of the show, Murder House. Reusing the same tropes, setup, etc that fans have seen a million times thus far (Murder House stuff appears in other seasons of the show too). They're a boring waste of time but whatever.

Then the finale.

it opens with two new characters arriving at the Murder House. They're there because American Horror Story exists as a TV show in universe and they're super fans. They talk about Sarah Paulson not liking S6 and "oh won't it be fun to see where they filmed the show blah blah" so they go inside and after a while they get murdered...by characters from the show? But then everything pauses and it zooms out to reveal that everything we just witnessed was a video game. An indie video game based on American Horror Story that a woman is developing in her garage. (it's clear Murphy/Falchuk have no idea about game development rofl)

So the son is NOT impressed. There are characters in there that don't belong because they're from other seasons and also the controls are real bad mom! (Never mind that she somehow put together a photo realistic murder sim with a tiny budget and a couple freelancers in her garage) "I'm making this game for you because you're such a big fan of the show" she says. "You could have just watched the show with me if you wanted to bond!!!" yells the frustrated son.

But it's not enough so she decides to visit the real life location of the murder house so she can fully immerse herself in the set.

She meets with the realtor and pretends to buy the place so she can get access blah blah anyway she goes in there and walks in on Dylan McDermott (star of S1) crying in a chair. She's like whoa aren't you the guy from the TV show? He's not. He's a real ghost...just like in the first season of the show! Everything that happened in the show was real apparently (???????????????). Anyway she encounters characters from the first two episodes of American Horror Stories and they kill her so she gets trapped in the Murder House (in AHS' universe, when you die you get trapped in that location forever).

A year later on Halloween (Halloween is the one time a year where ghosts can leave the place they're stuck in) she finds her son and she's like "I was killed in the Murder House and now I'm a ghost" he's like "yeah I know we found your body a few weeks after you were killed I'm going to burn the murder house down so your spirit can move on" she's like "ok"

In the meantime the returning characters from the first two episodes of American Horror Stories continue their storyline, which is entirely unrelated the anything else happening in this episode.

So the son goes to the murder house and burns it down but there's some drama where one of the female ghosts from the first two episodes doesn't want to go because she's in love with a living girl who's like a serial killer ANYWAY the Iiving girl and the ghost girl are sad but the house burns down and that's that.

The murder house is burned down and they build condos on the land and years later the living girl buys a condo and moves in, in the hope that the ghost girl somehow still lingers in the area. Surprise! She does still linger and the girls live together happily ever after.

But then it pauses and zooms out and we realize that everything we just watched is a video game. The new and improved video game the mom is developing for her son! "This is much better!" says the son "you even fixed the terrible controls!" "Yes, I insisted!" crows the mom. They leave for ice cream or something.

But the camera lingers and we see that one of the ghosts from the Murder House is inside her house now...which????? Is only possible if the Murder House was actually burned down. Even though...it...wasn't because that only happened in the video game???

??????????

???????

??
First of, appreciate you.

Secondly, questioning your sanity for watching it in the first place.

Thirdly, I can't believe this is actually a thing that was written. This is "piano drops on faux Charlie Sheen" levels of bad self-referencing bs.

Jul 4, 2019

In the meantime the returning characters from the first two episodes of American Horror Stories continue their storyline, which is entirely unrelated the anything else happening in this episode.

But the camera lingers and we see that one of the ghosts from the Murder House is inside her house now...which????? Is only possible if the Murder House was actually burned down. Even though...it...wasn't because that only happened in the video game which is based on an FX TV show in the universe this episode is set in???

??????????

???????

??

I'm in both shock and awe of what Murphy actually did with this lol
Thanks for the write-up
If anything, I'm almost tempted to watch this...

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
There entire lesson at the end is delivered by the son who's like "I'm over murder house now too much time has been spent on it" which is supposed to be this meta realization on the writers' part of how over used murder house has become over the years but like...you're the ones who decided to fucking spend half the season of the spin off on it??? 🥴 Even though it completely goes against the entire premise of the show??? 🥴

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The finale to American Horror Stories may be the single most mind bogglingly stupid thing Ryan Murphy has ever written. 🤨😒🤣😭🤮

Like...

Then the finale.

In the meantime the returning characters from the first two episodes of American Horror Stories continue their storyline, which is entirely unrelated to anything else happening in this episode.

??????????

???????

??

Was wondering what deserved the rare F grade from AV Club lol, that was quite the read...

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Like...

Then the finale.

??????????

???????

??
That sounds brutal to get through that.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ratsky's Summary - LOL that sounds so bad. Like annoyingly bad enough to not watch another AHS if I still watched them. Unnecessarily complicated, just stick with the anthology aspect of each episode.

Last edited:

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
My wife is wondering why I'm laughing so hard while eating breakfast. Hoo boy... That synopsis of American Horror Stories... This is what passes for entertainment now, huh?

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Like...

Then the finale.

??????????

???????

??

All of this sounds absolutely ridiculous... wow...

Thanks for the write-up!

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I just read that aloud and broke my writer girlfriend's brain.

Everyone needs to stop enabling Ryan Murphy's reign of terror in television.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Series Finale:

yoDzjDL.png

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Like...

Then the finale.

??????????

???????

??

what????
???

WHAT?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
A cancellation wasn't the right decision, they could have just postponed the filming until better safety standard were available.
That wasn't possible due to multiple factors:

-We did not know how long until a vaccine would become available.
-The cast and crew can only be under contract for so long (and making new contracts is a big pain).
-The show wasn't popular enough for Netflix to make a long hiatus.

I get it, it really sucks that the show was renewed, had the first episode filmed, and was then cancelled, but the pandemic really threw a big old wrench into everyone's plans and we're all just dealing with it the best way we can.

We can at least be thankful that the entire cast and crew got paid for the full season.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
That wasn't possible due to multiple factors:

-We did not know how long until a vaccine would become available.
-The cast and crew can only be under contract for so long (and making new contracts is a big pain).
-The show wasn't popular enough for Netflix to make a long hiatus.

I get it, it really sucks that the show was renewed, had the first episode filmed, and was then cancelled, but the pandemic really threw a big old wrench into everyone's plans and we're all just dealing with it the best way we can.

We can at least be thankful that the entire cast and crew got paid for the full season.
Many of the cast want to finish GLOW properly. If Netflix had the inclination, they could make it happen.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume that if the United States ever reaches a time that is truely """post-pandemic""", GLOW will be revived.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Like...

Then the finale.

??????????

???????

??

tenor.gif