• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
🚨 Netflix just stealth released the first 4 episodes of the final season of Grace and Frankie 🚨

The final 12 episodes are coming next year.

Hours Left
What the hell... why release like that?
Haven't watched any new decent shows in almost 2 years, not to mention I have no idea what's even new and worth it. Is there any website where I can see what premiered in the last two years and is worth my time? Doesn't matter if it's drama or comedy, just want to have some decent filtering and info about shows.

Thanks.
Hitflix used to do a thing where they collated TV top ten lists from critics across he industry. But I don't know if they still do that since both TV editors left the site. That was actually a useful resource though.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of August 15, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-08-15/

1.Hit and RunSeason 1United States=
2.Outer BanksSeasons 1-2United States=
3.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States= (4th Week)
4.Sex/LifeSeason 1United States=
5.ValeriaSeasons 1-2SpainNEW
6.Gone for GoodLimited SeriesFranceNEW
7.AlRawabi School for GirlsSeason 1JordanNEW
8.Grace and FrankieSeasons 1-7United StatesNEW
9.The Snitch Cartel: OriginsSeason 1Colombia↓ 1
10.Control ZSeasons 1-2Mexico↓ 4

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of August 15, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-08-15/

1.Outer BanksSeasons 1-2= (3rd Week)
2.Grace and FrankieSeasons 1-7NEW
3.All AmericanSeasons 1-3↓ 1
4.Hit and RunSeason 1=
5.CocomelonSeasons 1-3↑ 1
6.Untold: Malice at the PalacePart 1NEW
7.Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of MiamiLimited Series↓ 4
8.Bake SquadSeason 1NEW
9.Gabby's DollhouseSeasons 1-2NEW
10.Gone for GoodLimited SeriesNEW

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

i-live-mushu.gif

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wow! That White Lotus ending was so good! It was a very satisfying way to end the season.

While there weren't really any surprising twists or anything, it just all felt so complete.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I do like how these 2 are close friends in real life.

There is a story Emilia Clarke tells about how Jason Momoa was basically the only one on set that understood how uncomfortable she was in their sex scenes in season 1 and basically fought for her to receive basic shit like a robe to wear after shooting.

Pretty much Momoa is a stand-up guy and GoT production was fucking clueless regarding basic respect.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Wow! That White Lotus ending was so good! It was a very satisfying way to end the season.

While there weren't really any surprising twists or anything, it just all felt so complete.
It really was. It was very sad and depressing with only a few bright spots but I think it remained true to what had happened in the earlier episodes. Definitely the most memorable show I've seen this year.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
ShowbuzzDaily has updated their website with news of what's going on and what they're planning on doing when they're fully back.

ShowbuzzDaily: We're Surprised As You Are

ShowbuzzDaily said:
When ShowbuzzDaily stopped operating in May, we thought the site was gone for good. We were unable even to enter the site to find out why it was locked, and our attempts to get technical assistance hit a variety of digital cement walls. However, we're delighted to report that with a little help, we were able to get the site back into service.

For the most part, ShowbuzzDaily will be as it was before, but there will be a few changes:

The biggest is that we've made the decision to no longer post morning preliminary broadcast network ratings. That's not connected to our technical difficulties, we just feel like those numbers, which are available only to the tenth of a rating point, have increasingly little meaning when broadcast 18-49 ratings are now almost entirely within a narrow range, roughly 0.5-1.0. In addition, Nielsen had already adopted a policy of not reporting preliminary ratings for major live events like sports and awards programming. And of course the preliminary ratings for Monday-Thursday are superseded by finals a few hours later anyway. We will continue to post broadcast finals and cable ratings on our traditional schedule.

We're increasing our coverage of news programming with a daily chart that includes both broadcast and cable daily ratings.

We know there are going to be requests for the May-August 2021 ratings that we were unable to post. To be honest, filling in that gap isn't a priority for us, and although at some point our intention is to put up charts for that period (without text), it will take some time.

We have some other exciting ideas for the future that we're not quite ready to share, but for now, we're happy to welcome all of you back. Please let everyone you know with an interest in TV and film that, to paraphrase "Monty Python and The Holy Grail," we're not dead; in fact we're feeling much better.

This is really great news that ShowbuzzDaily will be back for the most part! However, I will still continue to post daily ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale until the new 2021-2022 thread is up, by which I will not be posting daily ratings anymore. Again, if someone else wants to post ratings they can, but with broadcast getting so small to the point where we're deciphering one-tenths of a point to guess if a show will get renewed or cancelled, plus with the fact that many shows nowadays have streaming deals, it's just not worth it.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
Love Island's Season 3 finale drew 1.6 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, enjoying no bump week-to-week. Opening CBS' night, 60 Minutes Presents delivered Sunday's biggest audience (6.2 mil), while Big Brother (3.7 mil/0.9) dipped week-to-week yet still dominated the night in the demo.

Over on The CW, Legends of Tomorrow (380K/0.1) matched its smallest audience ever. Wellington Paranormal's Stateside Season 2 opener did 180K/0.0 (which is indeed frightful!), followed by Dead Pixels' 200K/0.0.

Leading out of a fresh Celebrity Family Feud (4.2 mil/0.5), an ABC News special did 3.2 mil/0.4.

TROzVTS.png

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
This is really great news that ShowbuzzDaily will be back for the most part! However, I will still continue to post daily ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale until the new 2021-2022 thread is up, by which I will not be posting daily ratings anymore. Again, if someone else wants to post ratings they can, but with broadcast getting so small to the point where we're deciphering one-tenths of a point to guess if a show will get renewed or cancelled, plus with the fact that many shows nowadays have streaming deals, it's just not worth it.

That's understandable. Thanks for all the work you've put in over the years!

Oct 25, 2017
ShowbuzzDaily has updated their website with news of what's going on and what they're planning on doing when they're fully back.

ShowbuzzDaily: We're Surprised As You Are

not even for the first week or two of a new season just for premier numbers?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Rib vagina

is not something I expected to see in a tv show this year... or ever I guess.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
not even for the first week or two of a new season just for premier numbers?
I'm sure we'll provide a link to ShowbuzzDaily's website in the OP when the new thread is up, and people can just check in there and talk about their favorite shows doing well or not well throughout the thread.
That's understandable. Thanks for all the work you've put in over the years!
Of course! It's been fun.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what I understand Roar is an anthology thing we for all we know Brie and Gilpin might not even share a scene

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
There is a story Emilia Clarke tells about how Jason Momoa was basically the only one on set that understood how uncomfortable she was in their sex scenes in season 1 and basically fought for her to receive basic shit like a robe to wear after shooting.

Pretty much Momoa is a stand-up guy and GoT production was fucking clueless regarding basic respect.

That's good to hear on his part.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
ABC's Bachelor in Paradise — which didn't air last summer — opened Season 7 with 3.1 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating, marking series lows on both counts but still easily leading Monday in the demo. Leading out of that, The Celebrity Dating Game (1.8 mil/0.4) ticked up with its finale.

NBC | American Ninja Warrior (3.33 mil/0.5) and The Wall (2.6 mil/0.5) were both steady, with the former scoring Monday's biggest audience.

THE CW | Roswell NM (690K/0.1) added some eyeballs, while The Republic of Sarah (310K/0.0) dropped a few.

FOX | Hell's Kitchen (2.5 mil/0.6) dipped, Housebroken (940K/0.4) ticked up and Duncanville (650K/0.2) was steady.

nqoiXJf.png